PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Raiders on the verge of releasing CB Hall (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoganMankinsPancakeBlocks

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
After giving up 2 2nd rounders for him and handing him a huge contract and signing bonus, the Raiders are on the verge of releasing Deangelo Hall according to Schefter.

He kind of sucks at football most of the time, but he's got a lot of talent. I can't see him getting another big deal personally. Would you guys be interested in him on a cheaper deal and seeing if BB/Capers could coach him up?

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/

Last edited:
OT: Raiders about to release DeAngelo Hall

im on my ps3 so I cant put up the link but its on roroworld there citing schefter.

It's all about the attitude with this kid. He's got the skills to be a top 5 corner in the league, but he's yet another Virginia Tech kid with discipline and character problems.

It would be hysterical if the Patriots got him and he played well, because that just might cause Al Davis to lose whatever is left of his mind. I just don't know that Belioli would think it worth their trouble.

I doubt he would want to come to the Pats.

Re: OT: Raiders about to release DeAngelo Hall

sign em up!

i actually wanted to trade for him before lol, now we could get him for free just need to pony up some $$. I imagine he would love to play for the Pats winning organization.

After giving up 2 2nd rounders for him and handing him a huge contract and signing bonus, the Raiders are on the verge of releasing Deangelo Hall according to Schefter.

He kind of sucks at football most of the time, but he's got a lot of talent. I can't see him getting another big deal personally. Would you guys be interested in him on a cheaper deal and seeing if BB/Capers could coach him up?

NFL.com Blogs Adam Schefter

No no no no no no no.

I go to a lot of Falcons games living down here in the Atl and I can UNEQUIVOCALLY say: D. Hall is a BAD football player. He's horrible. Period. Trust me, he sux.

We want NOTHING to do with him. Nothing. The most overrated player in the NFL.

Announcement that he has signed with the Cowboys in ....

Crap - he's been a STUD for fantasy league with defensive players.

No no no no no no no.

I go to a lot of Falcons games living down here in the Atl and I can UNEQUIVOCALLY say: D. Hall is a BAD football player. He's horrible. Period. Trust me, he sux
I don't disagree at all. With that said, he's got unbelievable physical talent and played like an elite CB when he 1st entered the league so it's not like he's never played at a high level. He has, just not recently.

I'd have some interest since he figures to come cheap and he could be a great low risk/high reward type of signing with the coaching of Capers and BB.

he'd probably be the randy moss of cbs if oakland lets him walk to NE

just needs good coaching and an attitude adjustment

maybe oakland is determined to get NE another SB since they started NE's sb run lol

we could use him for sure but i think hes gunna be really hard to sign. Look at the money he wanted and got from Oakland, you think BB would give him anything remotely close to that. I dont know if Hall would take a discount to play for a winner, but maybe hes fed up losing so who knows. We should at least -try- to sign him.

now florio has the pats as one of a few teams interested in putting in a waiver claim on him.....2min after posting that he doubts anyone would pick up his big contract off waivers

No no no no no no no.

I go to a lot of Falcons games living down here in the Atl and I can UNEQUIVOCALLY say: D. Hall is a BAD football player. He's horrible. Period. Trust me, he sux.

We want NOTHING to do with him. Nothing. The most overrated player in the NFL.

Moss was a pretty bad football player in Oakland too. Sometimes a change of scenery can motivate players to play their best. If that scenery is New England and not Atlanta or Oakland you could get a steal.

how is the waiver order determined? Record? Wonder what waiver number we got.

He would be worth signing for the right price. He would have to buy into the idea of rehabilitating his reputation though.

The Raiders didn't waste a lot of time on him though....It makes me wonder if there is something else there. The Raiders wouldn't release him for a bad attitude :)

The Pat's kids have looked pretty good to me though, and if they can make the playoffs with them learning on the way......who knows?

He would be worth signing for the right price. He would have to buy into the idea of rehabilitating his reputation though.

The Raiders didn't waste a lot of time on him though....It makes me wonder if there is something else there. The Raiders wouldn't release him for a bad attitude :)

They probly don't want to risk paying him the $16 mill in injury guaranteed bonuses.

Pats will NOT screw the cap on a Hail Mary pass at a proven LOSAH

Re: OT: Raiders about to release DeAngelo Hall

yeah would be a good pick up!

he will be a cowboy. almost 100 % sure.

Sorry, but I always felt Hall was overrated. If he was half as good as he thinks he is though, he would be good enough that the HOF committee would wave the 5 years after you retire wait period to nominate and carve him a bust tomorrow.

Hall has a bad attitude, big ego, and isn't willing to work hard enough to turn his God given talent into a stud player in this league.

No way he comes to the Patriots. Hall said Dmitroff told him he was not a Patriot type of player and if Dmitroff thinks that, I am sure Belichick and Pioli would agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back