PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Shadow roster.....

My first thought was I hope Tom's not injured.:eek: x 100

zippo59 said:
My first thought was I hope Tom's not injured.:eek: x 100
Okay, time for some heavy duty detergent in that soiled mind! :(

NEM said:
Tommy Maddox would be a good addition, IMO. His style would fit with the Pats offensive blocking schemes, if he had to be used.
That's the kiss of death. :snob:

This is not good if they are bringing in Maddox this late

OHMIGAWD- This means one thing only - BRADY'S HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Shadow roster or scout QB. Maddoux is toast. But we didn't keep either of the youngsters for the PS so we are really light in the "arms" department. And some of our recent WR additions may need more reps than Tommy and Matt (who is doing backup and scout duty as far as we can tell) can provide without overworking their arms.

FWIW when Josh was on Felger's show today he asked him if the safeties that were in were being looked at as ST'ers or backups in case Hawkins injury keeps him out any length of time and he said ST seems to be doing well and he thinks you'd be 98% accurate guessing it was for S roster depth.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
Jeez, don't overeact with absolutely no basis whatsoever. Brady is fine.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
Umm, errr, ahem, WTF? :bricks:

Brady'sButtBoy said:

Be still.

We've all noticed his inconsistency.
But Brady FINISHED the game fine ... with that coffin-nailing drive for 8:15 ...
and his 3 big clutch first downs.

How could an injured QB finish like that?

Box_O_Rocks said:
Shadow roster.....

Isn't it Bouman? He's 32 and low mileage...rather have lint than Maddox...so the former Vike and Saint would get the nod on the shadow roster...

Flying Fungi said:
Isn't it Bouman? He's 32 and low mileage...rather have lint than Maddox...so the former Vike and Saint would get the nod on the shadow roster...
Bowman, Bouman, Boman, he's a mystery to me.

flutie2phelan said:
Be still.

We've all noticed his inconsistency.
But Brady FINISHED the game fine ... with that coffin-nailing drive for 8:15 ...
and his 3 big clutch first downs.

How could an injured QB finish like that?
extra-curricular activities between sunday night and this afternoon? But, let's not talk about a person's private life. :bricks:

Geezum, I was only trying to poke fun...

I guess it worked!!!!!:rocker: :singing:

Brady'sButtBoy said:
Geezum, I was only trying to poke fun...

I guess it worked!!!!!:rocker: :singing:
There are some places I just don't care to be poked, as I explain to my doctors.

NEM said:
Tommy Maddox would be a good addition, IMO. His style would fit with the Pats offensive blocking schemes, if he had to be used.

You're referring to his "style" of staring down receivers and throwing 4 INTs per game?

Honestly, you all better hope that Turnover Tommy never sees the field for the Pats, even in practice (he would make the scout team look awful). He is not even a shadow of the QB who threw for 3000+ yards in 2003. And he is a horrible teammate.

We might as well bring Rohan Davey back. NEM, why would you support Maddox, he can't even lead the Steelers to victory. Surely he couldn't be effective with our lousy receivers and lousy play calling and lousy OC.

I would think this would be to help get the recievers some reps and get them used to the playbook. No use wearing out TB's arm (and cassell in case of injury) to get these guys up to speed. At least that is what i hope and pray:cool:

It's never a bad idea to bring in a veteran QB to see what they have left and see how well they match to our system - if we already had 3 QBs on the roster rumors of Brady's health might get started, but since our backup QB has no real game experience, its a prudent move "just in case"

BB realizes an NFL season is a big chess game - I wouldn't put it past him to consider making a move to take a QB that a rival might be interested in off the market.

Questions of Culpepper's health continue, and Saban isn't going to let his poor play continue for long.

That would leave them with Harrington as a starter - and while I like Harrington, you'd want to have someone ready to go in case Harrington falters as he often has.

So if BB can weaken a rival and strengthen his team by adding a veteran QB like Maddox, that seems like something he would consider.

JoeSixPat said:
So if BB can weaken a rival and strengthen his team by adding a veteran QB like Maddox, that seems like something he would consider.

This is utterly laughable.
Have you actually seen him play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back