PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Public appology broke down Mankins deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
Apparently they were very close 2 weeks ago, asked for an appolgy to mr. Kraft which he did. Was then told to do a public appology and that pissed off Mankins. Now deal is farther apart.

Adam Schefter: Mankins almost resigned two weeks ago, but a public apology ended it

According to Adam Schefter on ESPN; The Pats and Mankins were actually negotiating a few weeks ago and were close to getting a deal done. Kraft required an personal appology that Mankins gave. When they went back to renegotiate, Kraft required a public appology and Mankins was peissed off and broke negotiation. Both sides are being petty.

Apparently they were very close 2 weeks ago, asked for an appolgy to mr. Kraft which he did. Was then told to do a public appology and that pissed off Mankins. Now deal is farther apart.

I just saw this too. Pisses me off. Both sides were so close to a deal and then we let apologies get in the way and Mankins lets his pride get in the way. Both sides are off base. Oh well, looks like he sits out this year.

Interesting in itself to hear theyve actually been still talking.

Re: Adam Schefter: Mankins almost resigned two weeks ago, but a public appology ended

If it is as said then yes, Kraft is the one being petty here. I'm sorely disappointed if it's true.

Re: Adam Schefter: Mankins almost resigned two weeks ago, but a public appology ended

Not sure I agree that it's on Kraft. I think Mankins crossed a big line PUBLICLY and should apologize, even if just through a press release, in as public a way.

Not sure I understand -- did Kraft apologize in private then ask Mankins to apologize publicly?

If it is as said then yes, Kraft is the one being petty here. I'm sorely disappointed if it's true.
Opposite for me, it shows it's not about the money and all about a redneck punk (I feel I can say that as my wife is from the Fresno area and claims she knows the type up there) who thinks he can talk sh!t with no repercussions. You should have just kept quiet, Mankins.

I would agree that Kraft is being a little more petty (not much), but I think Mankins should man up and for the good of the team appologize if the Pats did give him the deal he was looking for after he attacked them personally. But I do think Kraft knows better than to let personal issues get involved in business.

Last edited:
Not sure I understand -- did Kraft apologize in private then ask Mankins to apologize publicly?
No, he apologized privately to Kraft but refused to do so publicly.

Not sure I agree that it's on Kraft. I think Mankins crossed a big line PUBLICLY and should apologize, even if just through a press release, in as public a way.

Agreed. 10char.

Opposite for me, it shows it's not about the money and all about a redneck punk (I feel I can say that as my wife is from the Fresno area and claims she knows the type up there) who thinks he can talk sh!t with no repercussions. You should have just kept quiet, Mankins.

I'm not arguing that Mankins isn't childish. I'm saying that Kraft has to be the grownup here and get it done. You just signed Brady to a huge contract. You're going to let a public apology prevent you from best utilizing your valuable asset? Foolhardy.

Last edited:

Been with the Pats throughout this Mankins deal. I have to side with Mankins if this is true if the deal is about to be struck and apology to Kraft made there is no need to take it further. A leak to the media that he apologized would've accomplished addressing the public in a way. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Last edited:

I'm not arguing that. I'm saying that Kraft has to be the grownup here and get it done. You just signed Brady to a huge contract. You're going to let a public apology prevent you from best utilizing your valuable asset? Foolhardy.
Kraft should have recorded the private apology then released it to the press, that would have gotten it done :D

I will believe it when he produces a tape of Kraft saying it and it's confirmed by voice analysis experts.

=================================================

Gee, he said he was sorry. Now you want your own personal apology?

I don't blame you for being pissed about the situation.

What should Mankins do to make this right.

I do have to say that if a public appology is what is keeping Mankins for the money he is looking for, I think he may have taken too many shots to the head.

The way Adam Schefter reported it, Mankins and agent came into Foxboro and they worked out a deal in principle. Then Mankins was told he needed to apologize to Mr.Kraft, which he did and then he thought they were good to go. Then, the Pats insisted he make a public apology as well and then Mankins balked and the deal was off.

Bad from all sides.

Kraft should have recorded the private apology then released it to the press, that would have gotten it done :D

Another taping scandal!?! :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

The Patriots let a public apology get in the way of having a Pro Bowl Guard and a guy they clearly want in the mix for their team now and for years to come and Mankins, who apologizes in private now is passing up on huge money and playing football, just because he has to do it publically? This is an embarrassing story from both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes