PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Peppers trade not going to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedogc

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
on WEEI as I type, in his opinion, the trade will not happen.

Last edited:
Re: Adam Sheffter: Trade not going to happen

on WEEI as I type, in his opinion, the trade will not happen.

Well that's a pisser to hear.

why? the numbers? carolina looking for more than the second pick? did he specify?

basically said he has heard nothing that makes him think trade will happen and has no idea where Carrucci got his info.

And what did he say??? Besides that why not??? THAT would be interesting to know why?? why not?? especially with all the others with so many making it a fait accompli

Said it's 99.99% certain that there's no way in hell this is happening. Has no idea where Vic is getting his info.

Honestly, I believe Schefter the most of of all of the reporters. When I hear him on WEEI, he has passion and integrity (at least, he conveys that he does!).

So, if this is his opinion, it is my opinion also.

why? the numbers? carolina looking for more than the second pick? did he specify?

he made reference to the Pats not having enough money to sign Peppers to a long term because he would cost to much and that the Pats would have no money to sign Wilfork and other potnetial free agents. Seems to think Peppers stays with the Panthers.

Wonder if they (Peppers, his agent, BB) leveraged Carucci to write that story to put pressure on Carolina to play ball....

Well if this was not St Pats day, would say that is a buzz kill.. But since its st pats day, so be it..

I think when deals like this get out there, its usually means the pats are in play.. It is going to happen by the draft if it does happen, so again we have to be patient..

If it does not happen by then its not happening, but again this getting out there 9 out of 10 means it ends up happening.. But the cap money is the big key..

Said can't compare to Moss. They got Moss for a 4th round pick and cap friendly deal. Peppers is not signing a cap friendly deal with his big chance to cash in.

Also we will probably hear Vic Carruci on the big show today to hear his take..

basically said he has heard nothing that makes him think trade will happen and has no idea where Carrucci got his info.

Probably from the same person who tipped Vic that the Pats would make a hard run at Peppers...his wishful agent or Carolina's wishful FO...

Reality sucks. I guess everyone is back to Jason Taylor.

Ah, the other shoe drops then. When I heard the initial rumor, I went to NFL.com to see if Shefter had done the reporting - when I saw he hadn't my expectations for this becoming a reality dipped.

As for Carucci :confused: it makes him seem small time to break a story that just seems to show him as a puppet on the strings of someone out there trying to shake things lose.

Last edited:

Oh well it made it interesting for 1 day.. He said he could be wrong, but says its not going to happen..

Re: Adam Sheffter: Peppers trade not going to happen

Last night Breer said th deal won't happen until after the owners meeting and before the draft. So it would be a month away if it happens.

Personally I cannot figure out how they will get the cap space to do this. But, that's why they do what they do and I post on a message baord.

he sounded uninformed...he believes peppers will stay with the panthers. hard to imagine, with how little cap space they have and how few picks. doesnt even mention that 2010 may be a zero capped year. if there wasnt that possibility, we wouldnt even be discussing peppers here.

he doesnt even mention that the pats are 1 of the few teams that have many draft picks . he suggests the pats are not one of the teams in the NFl that have a lot of money. wrong!

he may be right that Pats dont get peppers...but his reasoning was not convincing.

he was much less convincing then many posters here, who say pats wont get him

Last night Breer said th deal won't happen until after the owners meeting and before the draft. So it would be a month away if it happens.

Personally I cannot figure out how they will get the cap space to do this. But, that's why they do what they do and I post on a message baord.

Yeah, but like everyone else at that point Breer was likely just rehashing what he got from Vic's report...

Mediots are like sheep. And they're never held accountable so no biggie... That's why you always have to read them in context and with a large grain of salt. Everyone jumped on the Curren bandwagon too. Did Tom catch any grief (besides from idiot Patsfans) for being entirely over the top not to mention dead wrong about Brady's prognosis? Remember, he scoffed at our machinations about tagging Cassel EXCEPT as a clear indication Brady was toast...and then as $14.6M in insurance on a team predicated on value and the next guy in line stepping up. Honestly, I don't know how these guys get their jobs, let alone hang on to them. There's not a lot of critical thinkers in the pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes