PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Pats $17.4M under cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wah, Wah, Wee, Wah. Holy Crap. If that is true, what a b!tch that all of these defenders have been tagged by their teams.

No I don't want Assante, I want Ty law, back Jaques Reeves, and a rookie would all be cheaper than Assante.
He's love to take at least 80 percent of that cap.

No I don't want Assante, I want Ty law, back Jaques Reeves, and a rookie would all be cheaper than Assante.

a rookie would only be like..1.5 million cheaper @ #7 if we stay and take a CB

Samuel is better than all those players named

If thats who you want I hope you enjoyed the Duane Starks days cause that guys just as horrible.

Your still talkin

Samuel

Moss

Gaffney

FA LB?

You could possibly do it..

That's not including a possibly re-structure by Colvin? Man oh man, the Pats might have some serious $$

Last edited:
My thought process is with BB, and Capers basically running the show, he can be coached up.
Look how horrible Assante was at first.
Wilson outshined him alot.
Although I recall Law saying he really liked what he saw out of Eugene and Assante.
Do you think we'll resign Eugene or do you think they'd both agree a change of scenery is the best scenario?

how are the ravens gonna afford suggs? who they gonna cut?

My thought process is with BB, and Capers basically running the show, he can be coached up.
Look how horrible Assante was at first.
Wilson outshined him alot.
Although I recall Law saying he really liked what he saw out of Eugene and Assante.
Do you think we'll resign Eugene or do you think they'd both agree a change of scenery is the best scenario?

Asante was never horrible, he just went from above average to elite.

Capers aint runnin ****. He's below Pees and Dante

$3.2M? Isn't that a typo? Were they including an assumed franchising of Moss? Because in reality NE had more cap space than that.

Nope. Eckel had a portion of his LTBE on the books that comes off. Stallworth and potentially Washington's options play into that too. Not sure what else.

Nope. Eckel had a portion of his LTBE on the books that comes off. Stallworth and potentially Washington's options play into that too. Not sure what else.

Last I looked, Miguel had the Pats at 8.9 million under, and that was with Eckel's LTBE bonus removed. Stallworth and Washington options not being picked up would account for the difference.

Last I looked, Miguel had the Pats at 8.9 million under, and that was with Eckel's LTBE bonus removed. Stallworth and Washington options not being picked up would account for the difference.

Before he updated the site a few minutes ago for this story, he had them as $3.2M under, or about $100k less than PFT's numbers (which were rounded off). That was with Eckel's numbers (check his doc), and definitely without Washington's (removed last week). I'm fairly sure Stallworth was on there, though.

Holy crap! Jaguars 40m under. Looks like the colts will be sweating next season.

Holy crap! Jaguars 40m under. Looks like the colts will be sweating next season.

I don't know about that. Every season the Jags seemed to be hyped and for good reason, but they always mange to underachieve it seems.

Yea, but have you looked at the free agent market? All these teams have $30M+ in cap space, with only a few players worthy of top dollar available. Seems to me they're all going to drive the prices up (substantially) on the top free agents, and the losers will have a large chunk of unused cap space. Because of the lack of top level players at certain positons (DB), some mid-level guys could come at a price not entirely accurate to their value, as well.

Honestly, this is a good year to have just enough cap space to make some moves, and a bunch of first day draft picks (there's some good depth at RB, CB, DE/OLB, and OT in this 2008 class).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes