PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Patriots trade Maroney to Denver for 2011 4th - Broncos get 2011 6 [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Maroney to Denver per Schefter...

Very disappointing. I doubt we'll get much, Maroney is one of the few who I think Bill didn't get the most out of :(

Agreed. The kid always was a threat in the open field. He never had chances there. Probably his own fault, but still.

Re: Schefter: Patriots trade Maroney to Denver [merged]

Tweets suggest a 4th rounder

Not a big fan of this unless they got a decent return. It is only a matter of time before Taylor and Morris are hurt.

I agree. The guy is still a starting caliber RB when healthy. That's gotta be worth a 3rd or 4th, IMO.

maybe they swapped for a defensive guy ?

I agree...
Here is a rotoworld report on Denver's olb situation:

Updating a previous item, Jarvis Moss will have to compete with Jason Hunter, Baraka Atkins, and rookie Kevin Alexander to win the weakside outside linebacker job.
"There's a load of them over there, and really we're just going to let those guys compete and if one of them deserves to play 65 plays, we'll let them do that," coach Josh McDaniels said. "If we feel like we can get a good 30 plays out of a couple of them, then we might rotate them."

maybe they swapped for a defensive guy ?

A player swap makes some sense, since the team is already pretty loaded with draft picks...and who fills the slot? (Crable? :D)

not a fan of this trade - hope something good is coming in return.

I wonder if Thomas Clayton is going to be brought back? Either on the roster of practice squad.

More fodder for Pats draft critics, turning a 1st rounder into a fourth rounder four years later. Hope there's more. I share concerns over durability of Taylor and Morris, though BJGE looked mighty fine.

Not a big fan of this unless they got a decent return. It is only a matter of time before Taylor and Morris are hurt.
Basically how I feel. If we get a 4th or better (JMcD has been known to overpay) it's a good trade. Anything lower, then I don't really understand this move.

Message to the team from BB- bust your but and play smart, we'll find a place for you. Make the same mistakes and keep the same bad habits for 4 years and you're out the door. No dead weight allowed.

Ummm.....He wasn't cut, but traded. No, he didn't live up to his potential, but he was a solid back, and the second best on our roster. Hope we get a player who can help us, but more likely it's a conditional 5th or something of that nature.

Green-Ellis just got a promotion. Good luck, Maroney.

kinda surprised....he had limited sucess but i always had hopes for him.he might still turn out to be a good back ,maybe needs a different system like mike shanahan's

Yup. I'm sure Josh was instrumental in drafting him. We picked a thoroughbred and then found out we really needed the plow horse. They tried to change to the zone blocking system that Shanny ran in Denver. Oddly I think I read recently though that Josh has decided to scap it in Denver too. Maybe they just can't get it to work as a pass blocking scheme. I know here the issue was they needed to make too many subsitutions on OL to efficiently pull it off and so they scrapped it after the pre season in 2005. Maroney was something in space before the injuries started piling up. Eventually it was hard to get him into space. I think he tried. I think he was a little immature and Dillon may have fed that be yourself beast early on. Bill spent a lot of time trying to rework his mindset. In the end it just didn't pan out. But he was a workhorse down the stretch in 2007...

OK pats fans admit it Who was DANCING when they heard this news?

I hope it's for a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, but I bet it's for a 4th.

Maroney + 6th for Denver's 4th according to Schefter.

I'm having a woody right now...Yes,no more dancin in NE

Now the hypocrites and Maroney supporters can come out and say he was a major bust as a #1 since he will now be a Donkey,give it time on Patsfans,it will come.

I hear Denver traded a western omelet (no bread,no sides) for Maroney

Last edited:

OK pats fans admit it Who was DANCING when they heard this news?

You mean like he did in the back field? :) Kidding. I actually was one of the few who liked the guy.

Re: Schefter: Patriots trade Maroney to Denver for 2011 4th - Broncos get 2011 6 [mer

I wonder if the Packers were interested?

Wow, this has to be for something other than a low draft pick.

I've gone back and forth between being a Maroney 'hater' and defender, so I have no right to gloat, but I will anyway:

I guess this proves that Maroney's problems were all due to poor O-line blocking--must be true because BB said as much last year. :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

Re: Schefter: Patriots trade Maroney to Denver for 2011 4th - Broncos get 2011 6 [mer

The compensation per Schefter is the Pats get Denver's 4th round pick in 2011, and the Broncos get the Pats 6th rounder in 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back