PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Patriots trade Maroney to Denver for 2011 4th - Broncos get 2011 6 [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Schefter: Patriots trade Maroney to Denver [merged]

I'll always remeber Lawrence for the fumble against the Colts last year.Hopefully a nice return.

Re: Maroney to Denver per Schefter...

I'll probably be in the minority here, but I'm not a fan of this at all. Not that I thought Maroney was going to suddenly see the light and become the second coming of Chris Johnson, but I don't see how it helps us at all trading him for what is likely a low draft pick.

God helps us when Taylor and Morris go down with the annual injuries.

When I saw the start of the headline I was expecting it to say Mankins...

Was there any source for the 6th/7th or was that just speculation?

Really hope Taylor can avoid injuries -- could easily see this come back to bite us in the as* given Taylor's and Morris's track records, but clearly Maroney had worn out the patience of Belichick et. al.

Message to the team from BB- bust your but and play smart, we'll find a place for you. Make the same mistakes and keep the same bad habits for 4 years and you're out the door. No dead weight allowed.

Too bad, I liked LoMo. He just never lived up to his own potential. I have mixed feelings about this, but it's probably for the best.

can we all be in agreement now that LoMo is no longer a pat that he sucked running for us?

Maroney traded to the donks:

Bye LoMo, we hardly knew ye.

Why?

I'd keep him inactive and available. We don't need another 6th or a 7th.

We must need the roster spot. Of course, the compensation could be more ..... or Maroney took it bad that he was inactive.

In any case, we know have less depth.

He was never injured on Sunday - BB didnt rate him

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That dancing fool it GONE! I feel like dancing myself right now. Woohoo---yippeee----yeah!!!!!

Not surprised one bit...McDaniels knows him well. Personally, Maroney drove me nuts

Played well in 07 playoffs before the Super Bowl. McD hoping he can get him back to running like that. I always thought LoMo ran better with a fullback. Not sure what offense Denver is running. But, I hope he has 2 good games against the Raiders.

Wow, that's unbelieveable.
Not expecting at all. Last draft, we robbed Denver with that trade for the 1st rounder, I expect no less than a 3rd.

kinda surprised....he had limited sucess but i always had hopes for him.he might still turn out to be a good back ,maybe needs a different system like mike shanahan's

Thoughts:
1. I think Maroney plays really well for the Broncos as their 2nd back
2. I hope we got a 3rd or a 4th for him but if I had to guess I bet we got a 5th.
3. With the lack of outside backers on the roster I wouldn't mind finally seeing Crable on the 53.

So who's going to the Bronco's message board and give them the lowdown of what there getting?

Wow, that's unbelieveable.
Not expecting at all. Last draft, we robbed Denver with that trade for the 1st rounder, I expect no less than a 3rd.
If it's better than a 6th I'll be surprised. Denver has Moreno, they aren't going to trade much for a backup RB.

Re: Maroney traded to the donks:

Just heard it on ESPN. no details

maybe they swapped for a defensive guy ?

Huh. He obviously wasn't a "bell cow" or gamebreaker, but certainly a useful player -- and if his attitude really were a problem, Josh wouldn't have wanted him.

Looks like the Mods will need to get out their merge-o-matics today ...

Not a big fan of this unless they got a decent return. It is only a matter of time before Taylor and Morris are hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes