Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:
Re: Chad Jackson...Cut?

What? It's not being reported as in it's happened, it's being reported as speculation. Why wouldn't they PUP/IR him?

Last edited:

That would be a tremendous waste of a 2nd round pick...man this guy has been a disappointment.

FWIW, I would be stunned if he was cut. I always considered Bethel Johnson the gold standard for underachieving Patriots wide receivers, and they kept HIM around for three years.

Schefter forgot to add </opinion> tags

FWIW, I would be stunned if he was cut. I always considered Bethel Johnson the gold standard for underachieving Patriots wide receivers, and they kept HIM around for three years.

I can pretty much guarantee that BJ's contributions to the team in his 1st 2 years will have vastly exceeded injury prone CJ's 1st 2 season's contributions.

Poor Phil, this is why Adam Schefter should be taken in small controlled doses with a grain of salt.

So says uber-reporter Adam Schefter who has broken many Pats stories correctly...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d801b6cd6&template=with-video&confirm=true

"Chad Jackson, WR, New England Patriots: He could wind up being cut as easily as landing on the PUP."

Man would that put a dent in the CJ HOF camp here in this forum or what?

My vote PUP. It makes little sense to cut his sorry ass this season.

Schefter gets just as many reports wrong as he does right. So, forgive me if I think its pure BS speculation on his part.

BTW, there is no CJ HOF camp. That is a figment of the imagination of people who insist on trying to put the bust label on players after just one season.

I can pretty much guarantee that BJ's contributions to the team in his 1st 2 years will have vastly exceeded injury prone CJ's 1st 2 season's contributions.

Wow. Going out on a limb there, huh?

Johnson didn't do any more than Jackson as a WR in his rookie year, it was special teams were he added value. Johnson also didn't tear his ACL either.

Give it a rest.

I would be very surprised if the Patriots cut Jackson this season-especially with the prospect of having Moss and Stallworth here for one year only. I've felt all along that he would wind up on IR.

Are some people actually down on Chad because he was injured in the line of duty? This was a bad injury. Bad Chad!

I expect the Pats to PUP this guy and delay making any decision, as he was thoughtless enough to be injured during his first training camp and part of his first season and for his second training camp, there's no way anyone knows what this kid has at the pro level. Don't think BB is that much of a gambler that he'd cast this guy off without a solid opportunity. Unless this kid has demonstrated a terrible work ethic and bad practice habits, I find Schefter's report very speculative. Remember, Stallworth, Moss, and Washington (who may not even make the team this season) can be gone very easily after one season. I doubt BB would leave the team so exposed without some depth at WR as insurance, as last season's lack of WR depth was a negative lesson. Jackson provides some of this insurance and depth.

Did Chad pull a Ron Mexico on you or something?

There is no chance that we cut ties with a 2nd round pick who is very young and who really hasnt been healthy enough to prove his worth.

Only a fool would do that. I would consider that wild speculation.

Poor Phil, this is why Adam Schefter should be taken in small controlled doses with a grain of salt.

:) I know. I just couldn't help myself! :)

It makes no sense to cut him whatsoever when you could just PUP or even IR him.

That was my point in post #1.

Yes, but you said this while bashing him, and making it seem like you'd like to see him cut, just to spite those who happen to be fans of the player.

Hate to be the Thread Police but :

"Chad Jackson Could be Cut ?"

would be FAR better than :

"Chad Jackson...Cut?"

This title suggests you heard it might have happened.

It makes no sense to cut him whatsoever when you could just PUP or even IR him.
Well there was the report that he thinks he's fine and doesn't want to go on ice this year. I would think we could trade him for a conditional 2009 pick but maybe the two sides disagree on where to go from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down