PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter on WEEI says McDaniels is a HC candidate in Oak

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Schefter was on D&C and said that McDaniels was a candidate for HC of the Raiders but that they proabably wouldn't wait if the Pats win. Interesting that he would be considered for an HC position. but it is the Raiders. Schefter also picked the Colts. He also said that the Lofton supposed signing would be a surprise this early according to his Oak sources.

Proabably be on the Audio vault later.
http://rope.weei-am.fimc.net/podzinger.htm

Last edited:
Schefter was on D&C and said that McDaniels was a candidate for HC of the Raiders but that they proabably wouldn't wait if the Pats win. Interesting that he would be considered for an HC position. but it is the Raiders. Schefter also picked the Colts. He also said that the Lofton supposed signing would be a surprise this early according to his Oak sources.

At this point, our next OC will have to be an embryo.

i always felt schefter just makes stuff up...he called the art shell firing but that was quite obvious...i heard this rumour on espn ...that al davis likes to go after young off coords so josh maybe a choice...
bottom line..no one knows other than davis otherwise these guys wouldve predicted james lofton also

i always felt schefter just makes stuff up...he called the art shell firing but that was quite obvious...i heard this rumour on espn ...that al davis likes to go after young off coords so josh maybe a choice...
bottom line..no one knows other than davis otherwise these guys wouldve predicted james lofton also

HE does seem to be dead on or dead wrong. Just figured it would be an item of interest.
he also said about Lofton he didn't understand why they'd have him back in if they didn't hire when he interviewed last year.

Last edited:
Has Adam ever, I mean ever, picked us, the little dweeb?

QB12

Has Adam ever, I mean ever, picked us, the little dweeb?

QB12
He actually did last week on D&C. He picked the Colts also to beat the Ravens. Today he also made snide comments about how the Pats have to start acting classy if they wish to be considered "America's team" like Callahan called New Orleans.

On a stack of Bibles, I swear I saw him say 10 days ago on the NFL Network that Deion Sanders will be the next HC of the Miami Dolphins.

this is the same franchise which re-hired Art Shell and let him bring in a bead-and-breakfast owner to be OC, so i completely believe this.

forget an embryo, BB's son (not the hippie, i hate hippies) will be OC next year. even if his son isn't loyal he can ground him if he tries to go elsewhere.

After the whole Art Shell thing with Schefter, I wonder how much more information he can get from the Raiders. I would figure that even his close sources would be hesistant to give him stuff in fear of the wrath of Al Davis.

One thing Schefter did say is that at the end of last year, Mangini was having responsibilities taken away from him and McDaniels kept on getting more and more responsibility. I think that might be why Mangini was so quick to take the Jets' job eventhough most people thought it was a bad job to take.

Personally, I think McDaniels has done a pretty good job overall especially since he what he had for offensive weapons for most of the year. I think he is going to turn into a pretty good offensive coordinator. I would hate to see him go and have to start over again on offense.

At this point, our next OC will have to be an embryo.

embryophinja9.jpg

Actually, the fact that McDaniels is a Candidate for the Oakland job was mentioned MONDAY on ESPN by Michael Smith, I believe.

Now I'm completely convinced. This IS a conspiracy by the media and the Raiders to distract McDaniels from his job this week.

Did BB's teenage son turn them down?

If Brian Schottenheimer think he's not ready to HC why would
McDaniels think so? If he did it ... he would fail ... too many problems
in Oakland and an aging D.
It would be a nice way to to go backwards in his promising career.
I think he's too smart to be duped into this one if he is even giving it
a thought.

After the whole Art Shell thing with Schefter, I wonder how much more information he can get from the Raiders. I would figure that even his close sources would be hesistant to give him stuff in fear of the wrath of Al Davis.

One thing Schefter did say is that at the end of last year, Mangini was having responsibilities taken away from him and McDaniels kept on getting more and more responsibility. I think that might be why Mangini was so quick to take the Jets' job eventhough most people thought it was a bad job to take.

Personally, I think McDaniels has done a pretty good job overall especially since he what he had for offensive weapons for most of the year. I think he is going to turn into a pretty good offensive coordinator. I would hate to see him go and have to start over again on offense.

What responsibilities did McDaniels add? He was already OC/QB coach?

And he still is both (cough *Vinnie* cough), I think.

Now I'm completely convinced. This IS a conspiracy by the media and the Raiders to distract McDaniels from his job this week.

Right. Ignore them Josh. Don't look beyond the Colts. Go Pats:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye