Status
Not open for further replies.

BPF

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Tracking the comings and goings in free agency

By Adam Schefter
NFL Analyst

(March 2, 2007) -- Free agency has opened with a flurry. Already, numerous teams are on the board. Take a glance at the deals, and the potential soon-to-be deals.

Friday, March 2
The Patriots are expected to sign free agent LB Adalius Thomas and TE Kyle Brady.

Tracking the comings and goings in free agency

By Adam Schefter
NFL Analyst

(March 2, 2007) -- Free agency has opened with a flurry. Already, numerous teams are on the board. Take a glance at the deals, and the potential soon-to-be deals.

Friday, March 2
The Patriots are expected to sign free agent LB Adalius Thomas and TE Kyle Brady.

Brady completes a pass to Brady is this a bugs bunny thing

I like BOTH signings. DG is already dead to me.

Brady is and extra linemen, and at a good value. Thomas is the next big pass catching TE in NE, although Watson may fill in for him til he's ready :D

Last edited:
Do you have a link?

Brady is and extra linemen, and at a good value. Thomas is the next big pass catching TE in NE, although Watson may fill in for him til he's ready :D

I hope you are right, but let's not start counting our chickens before they hatch.

If I recall correctly, .....

Graham was supposed to be our next Ben Coates........didn't happen

Watson was supposed to have a MONSTER season......didn't happen

Thomas had to have caught less than 20 balls last year, so even though he may be the best pass catching tight end in NE, that doesn't mean that he is a great pass catching tight end. We have a very small sample size from him.

I don't want to take the thunder away from the A.Thomas signing. But, I'm ecstatic the Pats are prob going to sign Kyle Brady from a personal view. I met him after a number of PSU games back in the day. His friends used to tailgate next to my buddy and he would come over after the games. Absolutely, great guy. Don't know if he's changed with all the money he's made. But, I doubt it. Hope he gets his ring or two.

I'm not expecting to see many Brady to Brady passes.

I also get the feeling that Graham was a bit frustrated as "just" a blocker here

At what Denver is supposedly signing Graham for, expect him to see more passes coming his way... but for a fraction of the cost we get a guy in Brady who can still block with the best of them.

The Pats are sneaky little buggers. :D

http://news.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/
Adalius Thomas, the soon-to-be newest Patriots linebacker, is already in town. He was spotted in Boston today and is due to have a physical in Foxboro tomorrow. Once he passes, he’ll sign one of the richest contracts in team history, one that should include between $15 and $20 million of guaranteed money.

This is the first that I've heard that he was in town. The reports that I heard earlier said that he wouldn't make any visits until tomorrow.

The fact that Brady is now 35 years old concern anyone??

Will Tom now have a "T" on his back or do you think everbody knows who he is and can tell them apart?:D

Hmmm. Does this mean I have to upgrade to "T.BRADY" jersey??

Tom should make Kyle change his name. No way should Brady have to use his initial bc of some 35yo journeyman TE!

I'm sure if Tom and the team wanted to fight the uniform policy on this one they could do it successfully... no one's going to mix up the NFL's premiere quarterback with the third string blocking tight end if their uniforms both say Brady, and exceptions have been made before.

Question is if they want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye