PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: NFL Having a Hard Time Finding Evidence of Tampering

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSPF

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Edit: Thanks to BradyBranch39 for the video!

Just said this on SportsCenter... Belichick wasn't involved, NFL can't find any evidence, this story is over guys. Stop hitting F5 now and get back to work!!!

Last edited:
Of course they can't.

The team never did anything untoward in the first place. If you want to pin it on anything not the weather blame manufacturing error.

Well Goodell is on record saying evidence isn't needed in cases like this. That's right, guys. The guy in charge of the NFL is THAT dumb.

Let's let it play out. Goodell might have spent the last three days water boarding our ball boys, so who knows what they've learned.

I hope that the NFL is spending as much energy trying to find out who leaked the "info" of the investigation to "Mort", so they can fire them.
It's Mort Anderson, I'm not sure he has any "NFL" sources, let alone sources inside the investigation. I'm not saying he made it up whole cloth, those guys at the truck stop glory hole do like to talk. And they could be considered sources for Mort, in a manner of speaking.

Well Goodell is on record saying evidence isn't needed in cases like this. That's right, guys. The guy in charge of the NFL is THAT dumb.

Let's let it play out. Goodell might have spent the last three days water boarding our ball boys, so who knows what they've learned.

Can only hope that he learned his lesson after his Bountygate and Ray Rice punishments were overturned. Turns out you can't just make **** up as you go along.

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png

But the media will be butthurt if their insane hype-driven narrative doesn't result in at least one death by firing squad.

Goodell better not kowtow to the media just because they blew this one to the moon, if they do Kraft and Belichick better push back HARD. Lots of evidence (Brad Johnson, Aaron Rodgers, the Vikings/Panthers game, possibly SCIENCE depending on facts around game ball weight) to back them up.

But the media will be butthurt if their insane hype-driven narrative doesn't result in at least one death by firing squad.

Goodell better not kowtow to the media just because they blew this one to the moon, if they do Kraft and Belichick better push back HARD. Lots of evidence (Brad Johnson, Aaron Rodgers, the Vikings/Panthers game, possibly SCIENCE depending on facts around game ball weight) to back them up.

I don't think Goodell thinks much about science or evidence. I would consider his thought process similar to Gronk. I bet 90% of the sentences in his head begin with "ME WANT" in all caps.

Wonder what Tom has to say at his 3:45 presser?

Reporter: Was it you who deflated the footballs or did you ask the ball boy?

Tom: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Next question......

Until I read it in a responsible publication I am not accepting any news re: NFL.

If true the media as a collective will definitely say 'whoops, we made a mistake. We were wrong and pushed outrage, smeared people incorrectly". Seriously, can't wait for the entire gang at The Globe to do this :)

Best that we'll get out of the hysterical mass of illogic known as the media is a 'rationalizing, largely ignore, move on to the next 'outrage'' tact. The rare few who stood up to the hysteria (not talking the long list of players who did) can then justifiably toot their horn. (Mike Reiss, congratulations, you went from a solid and reasonable source to just another media dolt).

If I'm Kraft, at this point I'm openly threatening to launch my own investigation and dig up as much dirt on other teams doing the same as I can. Basically to say "if you want to set the precedent that this is a big deal when we both know that it isn't, then I hope that you're prepared for the fallout when I reveal that 20 other teams do the same thing".

Of course, this is probably one of many, many reasons why I'm not Kraft.

Wonder what Tom has to say at his 3:45 presser?

Reporter: Was it you who deflated the footballs or did you ask the ball boy?

Tom: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Next question......

Honestly, I'm excited about this presser now. With BB I was dreading it, his history didn't inspire much confidence that he'd be forthcoming and that's what was needed this morning. He nailed it out of the park, but he also put a little pressure/spotlight on Brady as someone who does care about the balls. And with Brady, he's direct, likeable, he knows when to be serious and when to lighten the mood with a joke or two.

I'm now 100% on board with this being an absolute non-issue, an inside/outside pressure thing and Brady liking the ball at a lower pressure. No tampering, no cheating. And Brady's the one who can put that nail in the coffin with a good presser, which I'm sure he'll deliver.

(All of this is with the caveat that the NFL doesn't find any evidence of cheating, and that the balls were found ~11.0-11.5 psi which is within the bounds of scientific pressure loss given game parameters).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back