PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Moss' future with NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I crazy to think Randy might kind of be a tiny bit of a selfish prick?

I'd say since you don't know the man, yea, absolutely.

I'm guessing that he's a highly intelligent football player, with a passion for his craft. I'm also guessing that he's found his home here with a team full of equally intelligent, passionate players and a coach who's singular focus is his team and winning. I'll take Brady's word that every single thing that had been reported about Moss by media and naysayers was flat out wrong.

mmmm...that be TO maybe...

explain how Moss is selfish...or that he is a prick?

dude...whats your problem...beside your fins being winless???

are you just waiting for people to response to your crazy posts cause you are bored?

one of his problems is that he didn't pay a charity that he was supposed to pay when he lost a bet.

That reflects his character.

I'd say since you don't know the man, yea, absolutely.

I'm guessing that he's a highly intelligent football player, with a passion for his craft. I'm also guessing that he's found his home here with a team full of equally intelligent, passionate players and a coach who's singular focus is his team and winning. I'll take Brady's word that every single thing that had been reported about Moss by media and naysayers was flat out wrong.

Even the biggest jerks keep quite to the media and will at least come off as decent guys. Moss has gone public with his selfish ways several times.

one of his problems is that he didn't pay a charity that he was supposed to pay when he lost a bet.

That reflects his character.

And you continue to say untrue things despite the fact I told you it wasn't true. You didn't adress me when I told you yet here you are continuing to spread crap.

What does that say about your character?

mmmm...that be TO maybe...

explain how Moss is selfish...or that he is a prick?

dude...whats your problem...beside your fins being winless???

are you just waiting for people to response to your crazy posts cause you are bored?

Yeah, I'm crazy for thinking Randy is selfish.:rolleyes:

I already posted 3 quote Moss said while he was a Raider/Viking. No need to do it again, you're just in la-la land. Believe it or not, Patriots players can do wrong.

His past actions havent displayed selfishness(see TO)..they've displayed immaturity, at times. There's a big difference, mainly one you usually grow out of, whereas the other can be a character trait that stays with you.

Last edited:
As far as I know, you're the only one on the PatsFans message board who fits that description.

His past actions havent displayed selfishness(see TO)..they've displayed immaturity, at times. There's difference, mainly one you usually grow out of, whereas the other can be a character trait that stays with you.

I play when I want to?

Giving up on imperfect throws that he could've prevented an INT from happening?

Not buying it, Moss was a selfish player until this year. And the only reason he's not now is because the Pats are a great team. How could he complain with what's happening now. If the Pats went 6-10 next year he would act up again.

Moss has done a lot of work in the community. He has annually taken kids to NBA games (about 70 at a time), befriended a girl who had cancer, and also used to have Randy Moss Kids appreciation day.

Aqua, how do you know he is selfish? How do you know he is a bad person or a prick? How do you know he is not a good teammate?

Have you ever heard a single teammate of his say anything bad about him? If you have, I would certainly love to see it because I haven't. I have heard nothing but great things from people he has played for. (Lets please forget the Raiders. That organization is a joke. I don't blame him for sitting on them, the organization didn't do anything to create a winning franchise and gave up on him.)

Do you actually know anything of what Randy does in his own life? About his Inca Juice company? Or about various charities he helps? Or about the trips he creates for underpriveledged kids? My guess is you haven't.

Have you ever read any of his actual interviews, etc? Not the **** the media feeds you, but the actual whole interview in context? If you have, you would realize he is a pretty stand up guy who is respectful and kind.

Do you know anything about his work ethic? From what I have read and seen, he works extremely hard to keep in shape and form. Do you have any actual proof that he "took plays off"? Do you have an actual, legit source? Again, I highly doubt it.

I'm not saying Randy is a Saint. He has done and said controvercial things. The fake moon (which I found hilarious), squirting a ref with water, walking off the field with seconds left to play in a playoff loss. But is that really that bad? He made a few small mistakes. And that makes him a bad guy?

I'll ask you Aqua, have you ever done or said something immature or stupid when you were young, and then regreted it later in your life? Thats what I thought.

Right now you are seeing the exact person Randy is. He is a hard working family man who cares about the community and football. He has behaved exceptionally. Never complained about any bad calls. Does minimal celebrating. Brady has called him a leader. What is there to complain about?

I'll ask you Aqua, have you ever done or said something immature or stupid when you were young, and then regreted it later in your life?

The best point I've seen so far. At least you've acknowledged the fact Randy has said some dispicable things in the past. It's the number of on-field and off-field acts I've seen from Randy that have given me my opinion of him. Unselfish teamates play all the time, not when they want to. Teamates stay on the field with everyone else until the clock hits 0 unless they're hurt. Teamates fight for poorly thrown balls and try to knock them away rather then letting them be picked.

I play when I want to?

That quote was taken out of context(gasp! what a surprise) and his entire statement was revealed recently here on this board, if someone has it, I believe Aqua needs some educating.

I play when I want to?

Didn't someone say that there was more to this quote?

Giving up on imperfect throws that he could've prevented an INT from happening?

I kind of think the greatest receiver in NFL history...Mr. Jerry Rice has done this once or twice in his career...lol...but anyway..how does this act make Moss selfish???

Not buying it, Moss was a selfish player until this year. And the only reason he's not now is because the Pats are a great team. How could he complain with what's happening now. If the Pats went 6-10 next year he would act up again.

Moss would act up out of frustration thats for sure...ie look at what is happening to Chad Johnson with the Bengals at the moment...but again...how would this make Moss selfish???

Last edited:
The way the Dullphins are going,he should change his nick to Loser4Ever.

That quote was taken out of context(gasp! what a surprise) and his entire statement was revealed recently here on this board, if someone has it, I believe Aqua needs some educating.

Actually that would be a waste of an education. Aqua needs to get a life. And perhaps another team. Or restricted to the visitors locker room where he belongs.

Last edited:

What happened was that he said it to his friend Sid Hartman of the Star Tribune as a joke ("You know I can play when I want to"), and Sid put it in an article not intending it to be taken that way. Then, Moss wouldn't deny it to the media because he would never want to suck up to them.

STAY ON TOPIC! Is it really that hard for you? You have nothing to add to the argument so bring up something else using me as your scapegoat.

Head to the VLR and read one of my 1 million posts there saying I never agreed to pay a chairty.

Newsflash, LYING does not make it so. Really it doesn't.

And furthermore WaterBoy is disengenuous in that he omits his SECOND bet where he agreed to leave this Forum if he lost. The Dolphins lost. He lost. But the two time welcher is still here. Speaks volumes as to character, or lack of same.

I kind of think the greatest receiver in NFL history...Mr. Jerry Rice has done this once or twice in his career...lol...but anyway..how does this act make Moss selfish??????

If you can't see how that makes a player selfish, then wow. Perhaps he couldn't care less about winning the football game. If you truly wanted to win a game and you could do something about a possible INT, wouldn't you do something?

dakevdude said:
Moss would act up out of frustration thats for sure...ie look at what is happening to Chad Johnson with the Bengals at the moment...but again...how would this make Moss selfish???

I see Chad go to his QB and try to fix the problem. I don't see him going to the end of the bench, slouching in his seat and going into complete isolation from the rest of his team.

Of course Moss has done some controversial things in his career, but really, how bad are they? I have never seen him "give up" on bad passes. (and yes, I watched him when he was with Min). I have never seen him take it easy on plays. These are all MYTHS. The worst thing he has done is squirting water on an official. Thats it. There are tons of guys in the NFL that dog fight, play with guns, get into trouble with the law, etc etc. The worst Moss has done outside of the football field was when he bumped a traffic police officer. I'm not sure of the details, but it was a misdemeanor.

So how can you call him a bad guy? He has done NOTHING but produce on the field. You can't honestly say he takes off plays becuase you have no PROOF of it. What you see is generally what you get. If you open your eyes and watch Moss, you will realize that 99% of the crap that the media says about Moss is inncorrect or not accurate. The guy is 100% team. Hes a good guy.

Last edited:
Even the biggest jerks keep quite to the media and will at least come off as decent guys. Moss has gone public with his selfish ways several times.

Was Moss ever so selfish that he made a career out of welching on bets?
I don't think so,
Buy a mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back