PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Moss' future with NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that was the fins motto?:confused:

I guess theirs is "I play when it's preseason". 4 - 0 in preseason. 2007 dolphins == 1972 dolphins. :D

The Dolphins were 2-2 in the pre-season this year and went 17-0 in 1972. I have no idea what point you're trying to get at here.

i can think of a few people that wouldn't be happy with you. Mainly the ones that would have benefited from the charity that you refused to pay.

but maybe that's just me.

STAY ON TOPIC! Is it really that hard for you? You have nothing to add to the argument so bring up something else using me as your scapegoat.

Head to the VLR and read one of my 1 million posts there saying I never agreed to pay a chairty.

When looking at all time greats by position..by far the biggest gap is at WR where Rice is #1 with no one even sniffing his spot. So its not necessarily an insult to Marvin, its a testament to Rice's greatness.

They say Don Hutson was pretty spectacular. I believe in Hutson's time defensive backs were legally allowed to saddle wide receivers and ride them up and down the field.

Have you ever heard of the term, "a man's true character is tested not in victory but rather in defeat?"

When a game was in hand who was the guy who left the sideline when there was still time on the clock? Who was the guy found sitting on the sideline slouching on the bench pouting like a little baby? Who's the guy notorious for giving up on passes resulting in interceptions?

How can you possibly say Randy has been anything but a terrible teamate for most of his career?

My god some of you guys find ways to fabricate anything and everything.

as soon as you see him do any of that in a pats uni, let me know. the whole point is that Moss's character will never be tested in defeat again if he plays for New England. So your whole argument is moot.

How can you possibly say Randy has been anything but the best teammate for his entire tenure with New England?

Why is he gonna throw all that away for a chance to sulk on the bench again?

Yea you guys got him under market value. (The Raiders most likely are kicking themselves right now) He deserves the highest WR salary.

Thanks for the outsider's non troll opinion. Please come back often.

as soon as you see him do any of that in a pats uni, let me know. the whole point is that Moss's character will never be tested in defeat again if he plays for New England. So your whole argument is moot.

How can you possibly say Randy has been anything but the best teammate for his entire tenure with New England?

Why is he gonna throw all that away for a chance to sulk on the bench again?

What about when there is just one turn for the worse? Randy is going to lose a game somewhere down the line and we'll see how he reacts to a little bit of adversity. Osama Bin Laden could seem like a pretty good guy if he were a part of the Patriots right now.

So you copied my last line, clever! How am I fabricating something when it has happened plenty of times in the past?

As a former Vikings fan, I have followed Randy's career since he first arrived in Minnesota.

By what I've seen with him in his financial dealings, as long as the Patriots treat him fairly and give him market value, he'll return and most likely retire as a Patriot.

He didn't hold out his rookie season (he easily could have as he was slated to be a top 10 pick); in fact he signed his rookie deal just hours before signing in for training camp and traveled with Cris Carter to Mankato to begin training camp.

In the summer of 2000, his 3rd season, he briefly, through an intermediary, complained about his deal (I think he was slated to receive around 500K that year in base salary) that he wanted a new deal and suggested he may skip some training camp, but it never came to fruition and he arrived on time.

Now I don't think you are going to get him 'on the cheap', but Randy has not demonstated to be greedy (like a TO) when it comes to his contract.

He cares about winning more than anything, I don't see any way Randy doesn't retire a Patriot as long as Brady and Belichick are there, and the organization gives him a fair and market-value deal.

What about when there is just one turn for the worse? Randy is going to lose a game somewhere down the line and we'll see how he reacts to a little bit of adversity. Osama Bin Laden could seem like a pretty good guy if he were a part of the Patriots right now.

So you copied my last line, clever! How am I fabricating something when it has happened plenty of times in the past?

Randy doesn't have a history of reacting to a "a little bit" of adversity.

he has a history of reacting to "a lot" of adversity. Which he'll never experience in New England.

Randy doesn't have a history of reacting to a "a little bit" of adversity.

he has a history of reacting to "a lot" of adversity. Which he'll never experience in New England.

Like the playoff teams he played on in Minnesota? Yeah, that is a ton of adversity.

As a former Vikings fan, I have followed Randy's career since he first arrived in Minnesota.

By what I've seen with him in his financial dealings, as long as the Patriots treat him fairly and give him market value, he'll return and most likely retire as a Patriot.

He didn't hold out his rookie season (he easily could have as he was slated to be a top 10 pick); in fact he signed his rookie deal just hours before signing in for training camp and traveled with Cris Carter to Mankato to begin training camp.

In the summer of 2000, his 3rd season, he briefly, through an intermediary, complained about his deal (I think he was slated to receive around 500K that year in base salary) that he wanted a new deal and suggested he may skip some training camp, but it never came to fruition and he arrived on time.

Now I don't think you are going to get him 'on the cheap', but Randy has not demonstated to be greedy (like a TO) when it comes to his contract.

He cares about winning more than anything, I don't see any way Randy doesn't retire a Patriot as long as Brady and Belichick are there, and the organization gives him a fair and market-value deal.

That's very interesting background to know.

Patriots' F/O never low-balls anyone they wish to sign.
Pioli offers what they determine is a fair estimate of his value to the team
... in the context of fielding an entire strong team.

Quite often, a "halo effect" from playing here
leads another club to considerably up the ante.
Then the Pats fold.
Cf., Woody ... Patten ... Givens ... Vinatieri ... etc.

Seriously, I couldn't even believe that. Montana to Rice is the best ever, pending the remainder of Brady to Moss.
And I would also take Young to Rice, which tandem ended up with more TDs than Montana to Rice, over Manning to Harrison. Rice's career happened to be split kind of evenly between Montana and Young. Tell you what, Moss is better than both of them in sheer speed and catching ability. A lot of Rice's greatness/numbers came from his very long career, but Moss has more tools. So, Brady now has, I think, a better pure receiver than any QB has ever had. He probably won't approach Jerry's numbers though.

Like the playoff teams he played on in Minnesota? Yeah, that is a ton of adversity.

People really need to quit tryin to paint Randy's career in Minnesota as some failure. He was there for 7 years, made 5 probowls and was arguably the best receiver in the NFL during his stay there. He was great, and his bad moments there are GREATLY exaggerated. He was never the disruptive presence TO has been, until MAYBE his last year, and even that were things like walking off with a 2 seconds left, it was never bad mouthing, none of that.

Last edited:
I hope they vote him into the Hall of Fame just so he can give his speech. I hope he tells some of the people in the audience who have said so many ridiculous things about him what he thinks about them. :D

Opinions are indeed a dime a dozen.

Especially when they come from idiot Dolphins fans that haven't had an accurate prediction in their entire lifetime and wouldn't know what a winning team looked like if one came to their house and rang up 70. (And on that note, we'll get to find out this is true when the Pats crush the Doofins again!)

People really need to quit tryin to paint Randy's career in Minnesota as some failure. He was there for 7 years, made 5 probowls and was arguably the best receiver in the NFL during his stay there. He was great, and his bad moments there are GREATLY exaggerated. He was never the disruptive presence TO has been, until MAYBE his last year, and even that were things like walking off with a 2 seconds left, it was never bad mouthing, none of that.

He tooks a mediocre team and turned them into a 15-1 team that would have won the SB if not for one missed kick. Then, he actually won a good number of games (including playoff games) with Culpepper and Tice, which is truly amazing if you have ever seen those two in action.

He tooks a mediocre team and turned them into a 15-1 team that would have won the SB if not for one missed kick. Then, he actually won a good number of games (including playoff games) with Culpepper and Tice, which is truly amazing if you have ever seen those two in action.

People forget those Minnesota teams had PATHETIC defenses, with the exception of the '98 squad, which had an average-above average defense. They consistently were last in pass defense. and any team that had a decent passing game was basically a guarantee to get 30 pts. The fact that over his 7 years there they made the playoffs 5 times, and made 2 NFC Championship games, is a testament to his ability, and the offense's production when he played there.

When did I say it was a failure? The poster said he is a problem when there is majory adversity but the truth is he was playing great and the team was competitive when he played there. He walked off the field in Minnesota when there was still time on the clock.

Am I crazy to think Randy might kind of be a tiny bit of a selfish prick?

mmmm...that be TO maybe...

explain how Moss is selfish...or that he is a prick?

dude...whats your problem...beside your fins being winless???

are you just waiting for people to response to your crazy posts cause you are bored?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back