PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Moss and Pats close to deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clayton just say Moss has been on the phone all day with Pennington, seeing if chad could get him in a Jets uni, so they could relive the marshall days.:D
I call BS - even Claytool would know that Moss would know there is no way Penny could get the deep ball to him.

its not OFFICIAL until he signs his name on the dotted line in his own blood!

Lets not go too banana sandwich here.

I call BS - even Claytool would know that Moss would know there is no way Penny could get the deep ball to him.

It is ,but hey if Culpeper cand reunite with Moss, why not Pennington...

Heck Kerry Collins, talked to moss to, see if he could come to Tenn.. :singing:

Word out of Washington is Arlen Specter is trying to veto the Randy Moss deal.

So sometime in the middle of 2008, Moss will just leave mid-season?

Perhaps.....

But did you know?
That when it snows?
My EYES become large and the light that you shine can be seen

A pat fan over at JI just posted this not sure if it is true because he is kind of a Troll

"This place says Moss and Pats have agreed to 5.25 years 47.3 million with 13.63 guaranteed."

www.unsubstaintiatedrumor.com

Funniest i've read all week ... anywhere !

Unsubstantiatedrumor.com reminds me of where i used to publish
the results of my scientology experiments,
the Journal of Irreproducible Results.

Is anyone else really paying attention to what Schefter said? He said that they have always been close to a deal (whatever that means), and that things haven't changed significantly, but they are close to a deal. In other words, he thinks they could be close to a deal, but doesn't really know how close. Also, if you paid attention to what he said behind the scenes (before going on the air), Schefter was saying both the Patriots and Moss have been pretty silent, and he hasn't really heard much throughout the process from either side.

Seems to me like he could be speculating that they must be close because Moss isn't really showing any interest in other teams, and has been somewhat silent.... I really hope he's correct though, and that would seem like a pretty decent speculation (both sides are not making any noise, so you'd think something must be up). Moss doesn't really seem to be getting all that much interest from other teams, either. And, a lot of teams have already purchased their new WR's.

Schefter is usually one of the most accurate, once it comes to the contracts actually being signed, but sometimes his sources and speculation pre-contract finalization are off, as is the case with every reporter.

Remember, he works for the league, so he's always going to know about deals being finalized before just about any other reporter, but when it comes to negotiations he still has some of the same sources.

Last edited:
Didn't he say the same exact thing on Tuesday or Wednesday or was it someone else? I know I heard this 'Moss about to re-sign with Pats, highly unlikely he will sign somewhere else' report somewhere last week.

Didn't he say the same exact thing on Tuesday or Wednesday or was it someone else? I know I heard this 'Moss about to re-sign with Pats, highly unlikely he will sign somewhere else' report somewhere last week.

Exactly, I don't really think he said anything all that different, and he didn't really seem to present us with breaking news. To recap, this is what Schefter actually said:

"It's not that they're getting closer, I think they've always been close."

He then added: "longshot he goes anywhere but New England".

Sounds like he thinks they are close to a deal, but not really much closer than they have been from the start....kind of odd statement really.

............ Moss doesn't really seem to be getting all that much interest from other teams, either. And, a lot of teams have already purchased their new WR's.
Maybe that's because the other teams really believed the words that came out all season that Moss loved being a Patriot, and Brady saying the two of them were a pair and wouldn't be separated, and Kraft and Belichick getting behind Randy when the trouble came out with the old girlfriend or whatever she was. So, they didn't want to waste their time allocating money and planning offers for him. I prefer to imagine it this way, but maybe there's also still some Randy being Randy (sorry Manny) trepidation going on.

Exactly, I don't really think he said anything all that different, and he didn't really seem to present us with breaking news. To recap, this is what Schefter actually said:

"It's not that they're getting closer, I think they've always been close."

He then added: "longshot he goes anywhere but New England".

Sounds like he thinks they are close to a deal, but not really much closer than they have been from the start....kind of odd statement really.

Long story short Schefter thinks he stays.

Is anyone else really paying attention to what Schefter said? He said that they have always been close to a deal (whatever that means), and that things haven't changed significantly, but they are close to a deal. In other words, he thinks they could be close to a deal, but doesn't really know how close. Also, if you paid attention to what he said behind the scenes (before going on the air), Schefter was saying both the Patriots and Moss have been pretty silent, and he hasn't really heard much throughout the process from either side.

Seems to me like he could be speculating that they must be close because Moss isn't really showing any interest in other teams, and has been somewhat silent.... I really hope he's correct though, and that would seem like a pretty decent speculation (both sides are not making any noise, so you'd think something must be up). Moss doesn't really seem to be getting all that much interest from other teams, either. And, a lot of teams have already purchased their new WR's.

Schefter is usually one of the most accurate, once it comes to the contracts actually being signed, but sometimes his sources and speculation pre-contract finalization are off, as is the case with every reporter.

Remember, he works for the league, so he's always going to know about deals being finalized before just about any other reporter, but when it comes to negotiations he still has some of the same sources.

Your doubts seem to be matched with PFT. Take a look:

"MOSS, PATS CLOSE, OR ARE THEY?

There's a report tonight from Adam Schefter of NFL Network that the Patriots and receiver Randy Moss are close to a deal.

Per Schefter, the Patriots have an offer on the table that would make Moss one of the highest-paid receivers in the league, and it's sounding more and more as if a deal will get done.

But if that's the case, why hasn't Moss already signed the deal? Clearly, Moss is trying to get other teams interested. And, coincidentally, this new report could tend to scare them off.

Indeed, a cynical person might conclude that the report was funneled to Schefter from the upper echelon of the Patriots organization with one objective in mind -- to short-circuit the market for Moss before it ever heats up.

Fortunately, we don't know any cynical people."

We've got another post in it's own thread saying EEI announced it.

Not saying it's true, just that more than one person heard it.
Don't worry about. Stuff gets posted and reported all the time.

Like that a-hole here who posted that Moss got 100 mil 50 mil guaranteed. He was trying to be funny (not understandng the difference between being a jerk and being funny), but it was a post and it was on Pats fans, and if someone says, "On Patsfans, someone said Moss got $100 mil," they will be right. Moss didn't get it, but someone said he did.

Happens all the time.

So Florio thinks that the Pats can keep Randy's agent from talking to teams just by saying, "We're close to a deal?"

Is that what he's saying?

Your doubts seem to be matched with PFT. Take a look:

"MOSS, PATS CLOSE, OR ARE THEY?

There's a report tonight from Adam Schefter of NFL Network that the Patriots and receiver Randy Moss are close to a deal.

Per Schefter, the Patriots have an offer on the table that would make Moss one of the highest-paid receivers in the league, and it's sounding more and more as if a deal will get done.

But if that's the case, why hasn't Moss already signed the deal? Clearly, Moss is trying to get other teams interested. And, coincidentally, this new report could tend to scare them off.

Indeed, a cynical person might conclude that the report was funneled to Schefter from the upper echelon of the Patriots organization with one objective in mind -- to short-circuit the market for Moss before it ever heats up.

Fortunately, we don't know any cynical people."

If they are so close to a deal then why is does ESPN keep pushing the whole "Moss and Culppeper" thing? I guess ESPN is blowing smoke like usual.

If they are so close to a deal then why is does ESPN keep pushing the whole "Moss and Culppeper" thing? I guess ESPN is blowing smoke like usual.

Why would you believe it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye