PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Law down to Ari, NE, KC... decision in 7 to 10 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that I'm starting to get sick of Cry Law again. Yesterday I was ready to bury the hatchet.

But, the more I see of these show me the money stories, I just don't know how I'll ever feel good about this guy.

At this point, if I'm Pioli, I make my final best offer and give him 24 hours. After that I move on and never look back! I might even make it public we are done talking. Just so those left interested aren't competing against imaginary/ made up offers!

This time would be spent better working on a new contract for Branch!

Last edited:
So Law pulled out of the "friend's" golf tournament because he was on the verge of signing a contract in - - - - 7 to 10 days!?!? :eek:

Probably a "former" friend now!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The usual Poston bull!!!

Last edited:
sarge said:
At this point, if I'm Pioli, I make my final best offer and give him 24 hours. After that I move on and never look back! I might even make it public we are done talking. Just so those left interested aren't competing against imaginary/ made up offers!

This time would be spent better working on a new contract for Branch!

Supposedly, that's the kind of thing the Yankee's did with Damon. Here's the deal...but it turns into a pumpkin at midnight. You either want to play for that deal or you don't. It cannot digress into a bidding war, because of the timeframe. And if he doesn't want to play for that deal, you move on. Period, the end.

Per WEEI today... one of Law's friends said Ty is merely waiting to see KC come up huge. Apparently Law seems to think they might while others son't see that happening at all. Their view based on people close to Ty is that he will end up here if it's between the Cardinals and Patriots.

Thus...KC holds all the cards at the moment.

The problem for me is lack of crdibility is reports. The Pats are talking numbers, says a highly placed source. Where is this source. Okay, don't name him, but where is this source.

So far we have Law saying that he and BB are talking, Kevin Poston saying he and Pioli are talking numbers, and Ty law's cousin saying the Pats are negotiating.

Everyone is getting all worked up in what could be another Ty Law manipuation to get more money. I don't blame him - it worked last year, but sheesh, I'm getting tired of hearing all this "news" that emanates from the Ty law camp and treated like it was real news.

spacecrime said:
The problem for me is lack of crdibility is reports. The Pats are talking numbers, says a highly placed source. Where is this source. Okay, don't name him, but where is this source.

So far we have Law saying that he and BB are talking, Kevin Poston saying he and Pioli are talking numbers, and Ty law's cousin saying the Pats are negotiating.

Everyone is getting all worked up in what could be another Ty Law manipuation to get more money. I don't blame him - it worked last year, but sheesh, I'm getting tired of hearing all this "news" that emanates from the Ty law camp and treated like it was real news.

It all makes sense to me...he wants top dollar from KC ... He's using the Patriots and Cardinals for leverage that's how i perceive it. We'll get him only if they don't step up. Hopefully, that is not a bad thing.

re

spacecrime said:

Yeah definitely, I'm getting tired too of all the Ty Law soap opera stories. It's getting to the point where I automatically first wonder if a news story was just generated by his agents.

Ty is going for his last big pay day. He'd better hope KC will fork over a lot of money, because he won't find it here.

sarge said:
I might even make it public we are done talking. Just so those left interested aren't competing against imaginary/ made up offers!

except that there is some advantage to running up the price of Ty Law...KC may well be a playoff contender in the AFC, and if we can weaken them by having them overpay for a player...then by all means...good strategy...

Well good to see that Arizona is officially a stalking horse. Someone is going to have to talk the POstons down from the ledge they keep getting up on. Either that or just push them off. But it is getting to be a bit troublesome that even major newspapers are reporting blog material daily on the Ty Law Drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back