PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Law down to Ari, NE, KC... decision in 7 to 10 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE39

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Adam Schefter confirms reports of ARI and NE, but says KC is making a late push.

LINK

Here is the text:

The Arizona Cardinals have catapulted themselves into the sweepstakes for veteran cornerback Ty Law. The New England Patriots already were involved in the bidding. But the Kansas City Chiefs also are making another last-minute push, trying to reunite Law with his former head coach from last season, Herm Edwards.

The Chiefs contacted Law's agent, Carl Poston, weighing in with their newest thoughts on the issue. Poston envisions the process ending in a week to 10 days. It's always possible another team could jump into the fray, but it now looks like it's down to the Cardinals, Patriots and Chiefs.

A hangup to the deal right now might be Poston's condition. He recently ruptured his Achilles' tendon playing basketball and could be facing surgery. So while preparing for surgery, Poston could be trying to finalize a deal for his client.

"Poston envisions"

More spin by the Postons trying to get a deal done.

Postons are just trying to jack the price up. I wouldn't be surprised if the achilles surgery was a lie too. :p Hard to imagine Law getting into pats uni again with these clowns running the negotiations. :mad:

There is always the possibility that this is all true and is not the result of someone trying ti manipulate the other. However for the sake of the offseason return to your conspiracy theories.

involved? LOL... what a joke... yeah, the pats are involved up to the VALUE of a player... that's it... the pats are "involved" up to the value of ANY player.... if the player doesnt like that, go play in the desert... LOL... i'd love to see law in the desert... no washed-up CB is worth $10M... not even close... if ole t-dog wants to crawl back for a chance for a ring, fine... he knows he'll have to take a discount to play for the pats, given his agent(s)... still... you made all the money you could ever spend; why not play for a ring?

Last edited:
let t-dog play in the desert... will he have fun?

I'm tempted to kill Ty for signing elsewhere, as well, but I think AZ is going to be pretty good in the coming years. Thing is, Ty's seen New England up close - he's gotta know that, if healthy, this is the ONLY place to be for the next few years, Super Bowl-wise. He's gotta read the tea leaves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say that Shefter has been on the ball regarding his reporting. He actually had Arrington going to the Giants about 3 weeks to a month before it was officially announced.

So, we will just have to wait and see.

This process has created way too much drama, just sign a flipping contract and get on with it. Let's see playing in the desert, in the heartland or in god's country, seems pretty clear to me... but we all know it is about feeding the family.

I thought they'd narrowed it down to 32 teams.

Poston should just tape up that Achilles til the negotiations are through.

Good as new!!!

The 06 version of the Ty Law Hungry Man tour goes on....it's all spin..and I think many know it..will see what happens..

It's hard to tell because agents lie worse than a politician with a hooker, but this looks like Ty is coming to the Pats and the Postons are just trying to shake a few more shekels loose. This sounds like KC is out ("newest thoughts on the issue"? Please), and AZ seems like a classic dummy negotiating partner for the agent, where the agent lies to make it seem like they're really in on the negotiations. Nothing against AZ, but their extremely late entry into the narrative makes me very suspicious.

I'm sort of agnostic on Ty's return; I think it'd be fine, I'm sure the Patriots won't overpay, but I don't think it's a huge, huge deal. But what I see: Ty has decided on the Patriots, there's no one else making a huge push, but the Poston's are trying to create a feeling of a frenzied push to get things done in the forlorn hope they'll get the Pats to throw a few more dollars in the pot.

But, like I said, agents lie, so who knows for sure? The Redskins may have the inside track for all we know ...

if it comes down to NE, KC or AZ...then I think we get him...

we have the best drugs of those 3 regions

To truly have the Poston's thumbprints on this rumor, there would have to be the proverbial "mystery team" also bidding...

Flying Fungi said:
if it comes down to NE, KC or AZ...then I think we get him...

we have the best drugs of those 3 regions

Not so sure. I think the mid-West and AZ meth scenes are thriving.

All kidding aside, I think Law will be back in NE. I think its classic vet player waiting til the 2-a-days are over, then (re)-signs with his club. If you're gonna do that, you aren't signing with a club where you don't know the system.

So I think Law is a Pat. Or maybe a Chief, not sure if they are instilling Herm's Jets D in KC>=.

Well i think he will sign with the Pats. If he doesn't he might go to the Cardinals. If he doesn't do that then i would say it it safe to say that he is probably going to Kansas City. But if Herm doesn't get him back and he doesn't go to Arizona either, he is definitely a shoe-in for the pats. Likewise, If he wants too much money and the pats won't pay it, expect it to be between the Chiefs and the Cardinals, with Ty Law going to whatever team will pay him the most.

If none of those teams sign him, He will go to another team in the NFL, maybe the Bears. But definitely another team.

Glad i could help.

Now i have wasted two minutes of your time.
I couldn't help it, this is exactly what all the other Ty Law threads say but they are just more careful about the wording so it doesn't read like this.

PlattsFan said:
Nothing against AZ, but their extremely late entry into the narrative makes me very suspicious.

Hopefully it's telling that while the likes of Tennessee and Arizona come and go, New England has always been on the list in these Law stories.

Law will go to Arizona or Kanas City or if all else fails the Pats.

This kind of public posturing won't help the Cardinals land him. I think the pecking order remains us, KC and AZ.

Cardinals | Law would have to compromise to play in Arizona
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 09:22:23 -0700

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports the Arizona Cardinals are in the hunt for free agent CB Ty Law (Jets), but Law would have to compromise to get a contract with the team. The Cardinals are believed to have at least $10 million in salary cap space available, but $4.1 million is dedicated to the rookie pool. Law is looking for a $10 million signing bonus, on top of his lofty salary requests on a multi-year deal. The money for Law could be available if both sides were willing to compromise. Kevin Poston, Law's agent, said Law has no problem playing in Arizona "but they would have to pony up."

Kevin must be the more glib of the Poston brothers....:rofl:

MoLewisrocks said:
Kevin Poston, Law's agent, said Law has no problem playing in Arizona "but they would have to pony up."

The Postons are the biggest horse's asses in the sports world today. Simply amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots