PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Jets playing Patriot games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangini and Jets are so bush league

Right here :

"I think I'm not surprised I haven't heard back from the Jets yet on the story. I called the Jets on Saturday and said I'd like to speak with Rhodes to tell him Belichick never said what was reported. As of this morning, I haven't gotten a call back."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/09/02/tucker/6.html

Mangini is a little pissant. Belichick will &*^% him up the ass this Sunday - then shake his hand afterwards.

LMFAO dude, I see, because after less then 24 hrs the Jets havent returned his phone call and granted him his every wish, Mangini WILL NOT LET Rhodes find out about this, right?

In other news, the Jets made a rule today stating that players on the Jets are not allowed to read the newspaper or watch sports news...

I agree, except Mangini and the Jets are more then in BB's head...They've gotten him so paranoid that he abandoned all of his core beleifs in an attempt to retake control of the AFCE...We'll see what happens.

This is ******ED. And it's regurgitating one of the biggest myths of this off-season - that the Patriots "changed their ways." They didn't. When they signed Rosevelt Colvin they spent a higher %age of their cap than they did this off-season with Adalius. This off-season saw the Patriots, as usual, try to improve their team within the limits of their cap-space and with an eye toward VALUE.

Adalius Thomas - It just so happens a player who fits the scheme PERFECTLY and plays a position of enormous need on the team (LB) became available at a time when the Pats had a good amount of cap-space. See "Colvin, Rosey."

Randy Moss - The Pats did due-diligence, just as they had with another ne'er-do-well in Corey Dillon, made it clear that he was on a short-leash, saw that the guy was serious about/committed to being part of the team (cut his salary by 6+ mill) and brought him in.

Wes Welker - "overpaid" for a vet FA who the Pats F.O. saw more value in than the general market, just as some said we did for Rodney Harrison. This, too, is nothing new.

Ty Warren - as usual, like with Vrabel, Light, Brady, Seymour, Bruschi, Harrison, Koppen, Faulk, and others, the Pats signed up a guy long-term for shorter bank than he'd get in the free market.

You can keep spouting off, living in la-la land about how the Pats changed their philosophy - go right ahead. We'll just keep watching them go about BUSINESS AS USUAL and win another Super Bowl while you go 9-7 at best.

Ass.

Last edited:

Improving the team is abandoning the core beliefs, huh ? :confused:

Please, Moss, Stallworth, Merriweather, these have all had a history of being 'troublemakers', the exact same personality that BB has NEVER accepted on his team.

Please, Moss, Stallworth, Merriweather, these have all had a history of being 'troublemakers', the exact same personality that BB has NEVER accepted on his team.

Yeah because BB never accepted players like Cox and Dillon. You're hilarious dude.

So did Dillon. So when exactly did we abandon these core beliefs ?

Don't forget that safety we got from San Diego a few years back. He was looked upon as evil before he was here.

This is ******ED. And it's regurgitating one of the biggest myths of this off-season - that the Patriots "changed their ways." They didn't. When they signed Rosevelt Colvin they spent a higher %age of their cap than they did this off-season with Adalius. This off-season saw the Patriots, as usual, try to improve their team within the limits of their cap-space and with an eye toward VALUE.

Adalius Thomas - It just so happens a player who fits the scheme PERFECTLY and plays a position of enormous need on the team (LB) became available at a time when the Pats had a good amount of cap-space. See "Colvin, Rosey."

Randy Moss - The Pats did due-diligence, just as they had with another ne'er-do-well in Corey Dillon, made it clear that he was on a short-leash, saw that the guy was serious about/committed to being part of the team (cut his salary by 6+ mill) and brought him in.

Wes Welker - "overpaid" for a vet FA who the Pats F.O. saw more value in than the general market, just as some said we did for Rodney Harrison. This, too, is nothing new.

Ty Warren - as usual, like with Vrabel, Light, Brady, Seymour, Bruschi, Harrison, Koppen, Faulk, and others, the Pats signed up a guy long-term for shorter bank than he'd get in the free market.

You can keep spouting off, living in la-la land about how the Pats changed their philosophy - go right ahead. We'll just keep watching them go about BUSINESS AS USUAL and win another Super Bowl while you go 9-7 at best.

Ass.

Whoa, you really take it that personally? Is that you Bellicheck?

Do you honestly Mangini and the Jets aren't in BB's head? Lemme ask you a question...Have you EVER, and I mean EVER seen BB celebrate on the sidelines like he did during that playoff game last year? I've watched him win 3 SB's and I've NEVER seen him that animated and emotional before.

I think Mangini is in Bellicheck's head just as much as Bellicheck is in Mangini's head....And if you paid any attention this preseason, do you think its any coincidence that both coaches held out there biggest additions and both ran basic vanilla schemes with the 1st team in?

I've read reports on both Moss and TJones, and theyve all said that if those injuries happened in the regular season, they probably would not miss a game.

I don't know, but it actually seems you are the one spouting off here. Oh, and you're accusing me of being in la-la land? Puhlease.

When you signed/traded for/drafted 3-4 players that are all supposed to have a key impact this year and have all had a history of attitude problems.

Do you honestly Mangini and the Jets aren't in BB's head? Lemme ask you a question...Have you EVER, and I mean EVER seen BB celebrate on the sidelines like he did during that playoff game last year? I've watched him win 3 SB's and I've NEVER seen him that animated and emotional before.
Yep. The game at Miami in, I think, 2003, comes to mind. The one when Brown got the game winner in O.T. But I doubt you were watching.

You obviously haven't watched the Super Bowls because the hug with Weis and Romeo after their last Super Bowl win was much more emotional than anything that happened after beating the Jets.

Last edited:

You obviously haven't watched the Super Bowls because the hug with Weis and Romeo after their last Super Bowl win was much more emotional than anything that happened after beating the Jets.

I didnt mean after the game, I meant during the game, but whatever.

I did watch btw, and I agree that they were both very emotional, but I really cant remember him being so animated during a game.

When you signed/traded for/drafted 3-4 players that are all supposed to have a key impact this year and have all had a history of attitude problems.
:confused:

I'll give you Moss.
Meriweather is a toss up to me, I read MANY great opinions of him before the draft.
Stallworth ? A few hammys but not an attitude issue.
Welker ? Certainly not.
Thomas ? see Welker.

Sigh.

You are SO right. He would never sign anyone who had a "history of being troublemakers", like Corey Dillon, Bryan Cox, Rodney Harrison, Keith Traylor or Amos Zereoue. Thanks for reminding me.

Some Jets fans are complete idiots. You are one of them.

Yeah because BB never accepted players like Cox and Dillon. You're hilarious dude.

I know I am, but I havent even told any jokes on this thread so I wonder how you would know. Have you been spying?;) :D

You are OUTRAGEOUSLY ignorant and uninformed. This is wrong on multiple levels.

Let's also mention that Ty Law wasn't a golden boy off the field.

Last edited:

You are SO right. He would never sign anyone who had a "history of being troublemakers", like Corey Dillon, Bryan Cox, Rodney Harrison, Keith Traylor or Amos Zereoue. Thanks for reminding me.

Some Jets fans are complete idiots. You are one of them.

Rodney Harrison?

I honestly never knew Zereoue was on your team, when did this happen?

LMAO, Im glad I've been able to reach out and make a difference to so many of you Pats fans, it makes me proud to be a troll.:D

I hate the Jets, but seriously guys, the Pats have done this exact thing on more than one occasion. I dispise Mangini, but everything he does isn't cheap or bush league...

I think Mangini is in Bellicheck's head just as much as Bellicheck is in Mangini's head.....

My guess is that Benedict Arnold got into
George Washington's head in about the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes