PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Jets going to pursue Revis

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I believe it was mentioned during the Superbowl played in 1997 as well.

Great point. That is true.

Either way, truly a landmark occasion when the Jets are mentioned on Super bowl Sunday...

If they're found guilty of tampering Revis shouldn't be allowed to sign with them (not that he would).

@AdamSchefter: Water is wet according to sources.

So lets see...play for a superbowl trophy every year?

Or

1. Go to the jets and win 4 games
2. Go to buffalo...the team that has the longest non playoff streak.

Funny thing is at media day revis said he doesnt miss the jets at all

I can't, for the life of me, imagine why Revis would want to play for Rex again after a year under Belichick. It should be clear to him by now that BB will get him where he wants to go: high-level exposure and a winning legacy. What will Rex give him in Buffalo? A two-for-one coupon to Niagara falls?

Also it should go without saying that there's not a chance in hell he would consider the NYJ. The entire regime he knew there is gone, except Woody, and I don't think that's a good thing.

master_of_the_obvious_by_ted_the_robber-d5b1h1e.jpg

As others have pointed out, if Schefter has sources with those organizations, this is CLEAR tampering.

Not even close. And Revis IS NOT a free agent unless the Pats decline the option.

I don't care about this, everyone knows if NE doesn't Work out a deal or own the 20 mil that 20 teams are going to go after him.

Win tonight and it will be an easier decision.

By the way where are the bills getting all this cap money? Do they have any free agents of their own? I
am sure dareus wants a nice contract

Revis will not be free until the bonus is due on April 1st. Go ahead Yets and Ills, tie up all your free agent money until free agency is 3 weeks old on the chance the Pats will not pay the bonus or extend Revis' contract.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/2/1/7959511/jets-bills-darrelle-revis-free-agency-patriots

Even worst. Feet-lover Ryan is in the mix to bring him to Buffalo.

The problem the Patriots will have is that these 2 teams have $$$ to spend. Patriots will not over spend for nobody.

What will Patriots do? If they pay the $20million, that is just 1 year. Then you do this all over again. It this really a viable situation?

What will Revis do? Chase the $$$?

Are teams still allowed to sign a player despite tampering?

Schefter is'da BIGGEST DOOSH along with his girlfriend Mortensen, Do I hear tampering picks from Jets & Bills?

If Schef is talking out of his ass, then it's pretty sad.

If Schef has an inside source from either team, that has to be considered tampering if they're leaking it through a media source to publish their interest in him.

Either way, the NFL should investigate because he is not a free agent to be as others have pointed out.

If the Pats had gotten word out to Revis and his agent they would give him a nice deal while the Bucs were still negotiating with him before cutting him, there would have been a month-long "investigation" from the league filled with lots of unprofessional leaks, questioning of legacies, blah blah blah.

But the Jets owner can flat out say in front of the world that he is interested and there's nothing in the news? Maybe because there should be nothing to investigate? It's on tape, millions of people saw it. Maybe it was mailed to the league and Goodell didn't see it because someone lost it. I don't ****ing know anymore.

The league would be better off with judge Maria Lopez or Judge Judy in charge.

Even if the Jets are found guilty of something, what can Goody the Jet take away from them? They don't have anything worth taking away.

Does this story move Schefter over to the bad side, or is he still hanging in there with us?

I love the quote by Goodell talking about how important integrity is to him and the league. We will see how far this hypocrisy goes. How this can't be tampering boggles the mind. The earliest Revis can become a FA is April 1. While it's fine for the mediots to speculate about where he might play next season, the clubs themselves cannot say ANYTHING in regard to wanting or not wanting a player who is currently under contract to another team.

Sheffter should be forced to tell league investigators who that source was. Either that or he needs to explain why he was complicit in aiding one team to inform a player under contract to another team, about their interest; in direct violation to league rules. Adam can't have it both ways. He would need to give up the source or give up the job. There can't be any middle ground here.

In the meantime I'm going to hold my breath waiting for ONE SINGLE mediot to have the balls to ask the question, "How isn't this tampering?" Just one. There should be a media watch by everyone just in case one of these asswipes steps up and acts like a man. We should know about him and he should be venerated.

Sheffter should be forced to tell league investigators who that source was. Either that or he needs to explain why he was complicit in aiding one team to inform a player under contract to another team, about their interest; in direct violation to league rules. Adam can't have it both ways. He would need to give up the source or give up the job. There can't be any middle ground here.

There's no way in hell they're going to get Schefter to burn his sources, and it's a waste of time to even think of it.

Schefter: In other news, Todd Bradley is pursuing Scarlett Johansson and Kate Upton.

yea leave brady to be geno smiths teammate. haha

He's on record saying he hates balls being completed against him in practice. Geno might improve his quality of life. 0 completions.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: ALP
There's no way in hell they're going to get Schefter to burn his sources, and it's a waste of time to even think of it.
That might be true, but in what world should the NFL give credentials to a person who knowingly breaks the rules of the operation he is covering.

Shefter might be free to write anything he wants about the league, just like we are, but in no way would he ever get credentials or access to anyone in the league, from players to staff and ownership. No business or institution would allow that to happen

And do you really think that Shefter would trade the dozens of legitimate sources he has right now, to save the idiot who used him to break a league rule, so he could tamper with a player under contract to another team? I think he'd do that in a nanosecond, and his other sources would thank him for it, because they aren't breaking rules when they give him info

That might be true, but in what world should the NFL give credentials to a person who knowingly breaks the rules of the operation he is covering.

Schefter isn't breaking any rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back