PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter gives us the best news we've heard all day: Jets sign Rex Ryan to extension

Re: Schefter gives us the best news we've heard all day: Jets sign Rex Ryan to extens

Didn't he make it to two AFC Championship Games with a QB we all think is terrible?

Re: Schefter gives us the best news we've heard all day: Jets sign Rex Ryan to extens

Here's to the Jets missing the Post-Season for three + seasons!

:eat3:

misguided or not, if the jets get their offense straightened out they could be a scary team. they are built to beat the patriots, that alone should scare some of us.

Let me put it this way....

I'm much happier seeing Rex Ryan coaching that Jets team than I would have been had they signed Marty Schottenheimer, Mike Zimmer, Bill O'Brien, Bill Cowher, John Gruden, and any number of other potential HCs. Hell, I'd have been more worried about a Norv Turner coached Jets team.

Rex Ryan is a very good defensive coordinator. Rex Ryan is clueless when it comes to offense.

Must be something in his DNA that he inherited, because with the exception of his final year with the Eagles his father was the prototype good DC/clueless HC.

rex ryan is hardly a bad coach.

Didn't he make it to two AFC Championship Games with a QB we all think is terrible?

Granted they backed into the playoffs one of those years since they had back to back games in the regular season where the opposing team rested their starters for the playoffs.

rex ryan is hardly a bad coach.

Rex Ryan is a terrible head coach, which is good for the AFCE.

As long as Rex Ryan and his current scouting staff is 'shopping for groceries' the Jets will continue to be bad. As long as Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith, and David Garrard are the leading candidates for Jets QB, the Jets will stay bad. So far all of the above is true. Good news for division rivals, Jets STAY THE SAME!! :D

I'm reposting this here as this is the thread where it belongs.

I don't get it. Rex was given the tearful gameball by Woody on week 17 as they simply announced he was being kept on for next season.

This reeks of the Sanchez deal where in feeling bad for him, when they signed Tebow, they gave him a new uncutable deal? There was no pressure to extend Rex further now, so why?

You can't fix stupid.

Jim Caldwell made it to a Super Bowl.
Bill Callahan made it to a Super Bowl.
Mike Martz made it to a Super Bowl.
Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl.
Brian Billick won a Super Bowl, with Trent Dilfer at QB.

Wrecks has won more than one playoff game in Foxboro? He is 4-7 vs. BB and never has won the division. Nothing at all misguided about appreciating this welcome news.

You say that like 4-7 is nothing, especially considering most of those wins came against superior Patriots teams. (Hint: I think all of those wins were against superior Patriots teams)

Rex has his issues - clock management, personnel and offense, but I would have been much happier to see him leave the division.

You say that like 4-7 is nothing, especially considering most of those wins came against superior Patriots teams. (Hint: I think all of those wins were against superior Patriots teams)

Rex has his issues - clock management, personnel and offense, but I would have been much happier to see him leave the division.

He's 1-5 in his last 6, and the only win during that stretch was because of the officials.

+1. You are far too reasonable and objective for this thread.

+1. You are far too reasonable and objective for this thread.

:confused:

Under Ryan, the Jets are 42-38
During the Ryan tenure, the Dolphins are 35-45
During the Ryan tenure, the Patriots are 61-19

Ryan's basically been an 8-9 win coach, even with a dominant defense.
The Dolphins have been a 7 win team in that time span, despite all their turmoil.
The Patriots have been a 12 win team in that time span.

Ryan's not having much impact on the Patriots.

How do you go from almost getting fired on the last day of the season to a contract extension?

It's called perpetual low expectations. i.e....giving a Gatorade bath when you go 8-8. It's the Jets. That's what they do.

Swept twice and split 3 times with your divisional rival is not exactly something to be proud of.

Eric Mangini was 2-5 against the Patriots, and he won their last matchup with him as the Jets HC.

Thank goodness he's out of the division and can't beat the Patriots anymore, huh?

So you guys that are stoked he's staying, safe to assume you think that the Jets under performed and had a more talented roster than their record would indicate?

So you guys that are stoked he's staying, safe to assume you think that the Jets under performed and had a more talented roster than their record would indicate?
Before this year, most people thought the Jets were a 3-4 win team

I think that the team he inherited should have done better than 1 legitimate winning season and one 9-7 season that was only the result of the last 2 opponents not trying, in 5 years.
I think the dysfunction of the locker room destroyed a very talented team that spent a ton of money to make a run. I think he ruined the QB he was provided with.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back