PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Disciplinary action for Wilfork [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Schefter: Disciplinary action for Wilfork (merged)

I had replied on here but one of the 'moderators' erased my sterling insights.

Wilfork needs to be punished and punished HARD. Poking players in the eye is uncalled for. He's acting like a bully out there and it's got to stop. Makes the whole team look bad. First they get called cheaters and now cheap shot artists. It must stop.

Shame on you Vincent. Shame, Shame! That's what my mother would have said.

Maybe your mother wasn't a football fan?

Wilfork has taken exception to people cheap shotting him. He has taken exception to it in clear view. That's the main problem here.

Ricky Williams did something very dirty to Vrabel a few weeks ago. Was he suspended?

What's this BS they're posting on Bills board re: Wilfork suspended?

Vince Wilfork to be suspended? - Two Bills Drive Forums

Per Chris Brown of BuffaloBills.com

Pats DT Wilfork could be suspended
By Chris Brown - Posted October 27th, 2008

The dirtiest defensive tackle in football could be fined and suspended according to NFL Network reporter Adam Schefter.

New England DT Vince Wilfork, who was fined $12,500 last year for his flying elbow on J.P. Losman’s knee that cost Losman four games with a sprained MCL and ultimately his starting job was at it again against the Broncos last Monday night. Denver saw on their coach’s tape that Wilfork hit Cutler in the helmet with his elbow behind the play. No penalty was called on Wilfork.

Studio analyst Vince Wilfork upon seeing the blatant elbow said, “Cheap, cheap, cheap.”

Fortunately Denver sent it into the league and the NFL is investigating and a fine is guaranteed. With his history a suspension could also result. I just hope they take their time on this one so if he is suspended he misses New England’s game with the Bills on Nov. 9.

That way he won’t add to his hit list of Bills he’s illegally injured the past five years. Sure he eye-gouged the Giants’ Brandon Jacobs earlier this season and has a host of infractions against other teams. But his list has to be longest against Buffalo. For those that don’t remember here’s the list.

2007 - Wilfork dives at J.P. Losman’s front leg after he has thrown a pass and deliberately extends his elbow caving in Losman’s left knee. The result - Losman suffers a sprained MCL that costs him four weeks and his starting job. Wilfork is fined $12.5K.

2003 - Following a field goal attempt by the Bills Wilfork kicks guard Chris Villarrial in the back after he fell to the ground on the play. Result - no penalty, no fine.

2003 - Bills LT Jonas Jennings while engaged with another defensive lineman on a pass play is blind-sided and cold ****ed by Wilfork with a helmet to helmet hit from behind. Jennings suffers a concussion. Result - no penalty, no fine.

He is the dirtiest defensive lineman in football. And the sooner he’s out of the league the better for every offensive player in the NFL.

Re: What's this BS they're posting on Bills board re: Wilfork suspended?

Isn't this the samething in the thread on wilfork below?

Last edited:

I hear something about this yesterday as well. Apparantly, Denver caught some footage of Wilfork hitting someone(some say cutler, some say an o-lineman) after a play was over. From the sounds of things, it was a cheap shot and a fairly dirty play. Hopefully, just a fine, but can't gripe with a suspension if one is handed down. Wilfork was a dumba$$ on this one.

As for Chris Brown, singling a player out as the dirtiest football player in the league is very inflammatory. Wish "journalists" didn't do that. on message boards its fine, but that has no place in an article. Besides, my vote would go to Roy Williams for that distinction.

I have to admit, one of the Bills poster got it right:

"He's dirty for sure, but at the same time he's one tough hombre'. I wouldn't at all mind not seeing him in 2 weeks. To me, right now, he is their defense. W/ Harrison out, Samuel gone, old core LBs, new one Thomas not living up to expectations, Seymour seems to have lost some game etc etc. The one thing that makes up somewhat for all of that is Wilfork's consistent push up the middle and abuse of opposing QBs. I honestly think without him they are one of the 3 worst defenses in the league ... consistent push up the middle in a 3-4 scheme and QB abuse means that much. Give BB credit, he understood the importance of having the league's biggest baddass NT."

I hear something about this yesterday as well. Apparantly, Denver caught some footage of Wilfork hitting someone(some say cutler, some say an o-lineman) after a play was over. From the sounds of things, it was a cheap shot and a fairly dirty play. Hopefully, just a fine, but can't gripe with a suspension if one is handed down. Wilfork was a dumba$$ on this one.

As for Chris Brown, singling a player out as the dirtiest football player in the league is very inflammatory. Wish "journalists" didn't do that. on message boards its fine, but that has no place in an article. Besides, my vote would go to Roy Williams for that distinction.

I thought Rodney was the dirtiest player in the NFL. He must have been suspended a million times for dirty hits...right?

Yes, the topic was already discussed this week.

Newton appears to have gathered the information from the message board of "his all-time favorite team" the Buffalo Bills. Following the loss by the 1st place Bills yesterday resulting in the tie for the AFC East division lead between the Patriots and the Bills, he has returned to the Pats board to demonstrate his undying allegiance to the Patriots.

Yes, the topic was already discussed this week.

Newton appears to have gathered the information from the message board of "his all-time favorite team" the Buffalo Bills. Following the loss by the 1st place Bills yesterday resulting in the tie for the AFC East division lead between the Patriots and the Bills, he has returned to the Pats board to demonstrate his undying allegiance to the Patriots.

Sorry Bud I didn't see it, take a chill pill. And oh btw, we are in 1st having the better division record. Now you tell me who the Bills fan is?

Yes and I merged them. One of these threads are quite enough.

Please look at the threads people before you start another. this one was not that far down on Page 1.

Re: Schefter: Disciplinary action for Wilfork (merged)

Wilfork is a nasty dude. Thats what we want in a nt. However, he can be cheap, but it's worth it.

I agree:D

10chachas

Sorry Bud I didn't see it, take a chill pill. And oh btw, we are in 1st having the better division record. Now you tell me who the Bills fan is?

Given that the Bills and Pats haven't played yet to establish the key tie breaker of head-to-head record, and the season is 16, not 7 games, it would be considered a tie by pretty much anybody other than you.

Given your history of smearing the Pats after every loss this season (and likely some wins as well), and in response to your question as to who the Bills fan is, I would say . . . you.

Last edited:

Given that the Bills and Pats haven't played yet to establish the key tie breaker of head-to-head record, and the season is 16, not 7 games, it would be considered a tie by pretty much anybody other than you.

Given your history of smearing the Pats after every loss this season (and likely some wins as well), and in response to your question as to who the Bills fan is, I would say . . . you.

Simple fact Jack, Pats right now are in 1st place due to better division record. If you want to argue against facts that are in Pats favor, you have a lot of nads calling out someone else's fanhood

Didn't have time to read through this entire thread but I was at the game and what's ridiculous is the number of times Wilfork got clipped while being engaged by one linemen while another went low on the double team effort. Where is the league on that matter?? Is Wilfork's career less important because he is a BIG man playing NT who should be able to handle himself?? Wilfork tends to get upset when there is a blatant double standard by refs and the league against defensive players. These cheap blocks vs Wilfork happen every game because he is hard to block 1 on 1.

OT - I counted over 5 hands to the face penalties on Rams linemen vs Pats DL yesterday with not 1 being flagged. Thomas had it happen 2x vs 70 OT Barron and was consistently complaining to the referee about it. This happened when AD was rushing as a DE.

Last edited:

I had replied on here but one of the 'moderators' erased my sterling insights.

Wilfork needs to be punished and punished HARD. Poking players in the eye is uncalled for. He's acting like a bully out there and it's got to stop. Makes the whole team look bad. First they get called cheaters and now cheap shot artists. It must stop.

It's illuminating to have an opposing team fan's perspective

Re: Schefter:Disciplinary Action for wilfork

When was the cheap hit on Cutler?

I thought the guy big Vince hit was an OL, he slapped him in the helmet, pushed his facemask up and then poked him in the mouth, it was a big ugly guy, Cutler's ugly too but not that kind of ugly.

In BB's coffee with the coach Bill interview this afternoon he said that after reviewing his game film for the game he didn't see the hit by Wilfork on Cutler. He also said that Denver might have had a different angle (wider shot?) and that it's a league matter that they are looking into.

Re: Schefter:Disciplinary Action for wilfork

You know, I don't care what happens to him, he shouldn't be cheap shotting people back. The old rule is right. "They only catch the last person." It just seems like Vince always seems to be that last person.

He needs to bottle that rage up and channel it into his on-field play.

He did NOT poke the other player in the eye. He came close, he put his finger through the facemask, but the other player said at the time that Wilfork didn't actually make contact with the eye. Not acceptable but much less serious than an actual eye poke. Had he actually poked the eye I believe he would have been suspended. He was only fined.

As to "it must stop"... your credibility is at an all-time low, debacle-boy.

A guy his size can't get away with extra roughness, he could really hurt someone. He has to cool it.

Didn't see the play in question, just talking in general.

The Bills fan claims Wilfork was taking multiple cheap shots at the Bills in 2003?

Huh, say what? Wilfork didn't play for the Patriots back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes