PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Cunningham signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reiss just followed up Schefter, the other two second rounders are almost done.

Our first Cunningham since Sam "Bam". Welcome to the fold.

How many Condon clients have signed? Snicker snicker snicker.

Sam Bradford seems like an incredibly bad pick. Thanks to Condon the Rams are going to have to mortgage the future for a guy with a china doll build. Suh or McCoy would have been my choice.

Sam Bradford seems like an incredibly bad pick. Thanks to Condon the Rams are going to have to mortgage the future for a guy with a china doll build. Suh or McCoy would have been my choice.

FWIW, NFL.com lists Bradford as 6'4" 236. . . .

suh should have been the pick.

nice to see another cunningham around.

This pick intrigues me, glad to see he is in the fold.

Next elite QB. Sam Bradford.

Good to see him signed, I am sure the others are close to signings, which is good :)

they had to go with the QB #1 they gave up on kurt warner, way to fast marc bulger, was never the guy

and the last guys they picked on defense Tye Hill, Adam Carriker, and Chris Long, all top 15 picks and all bust. they could not afford to pass on a QB again.

Awesome- he's definitely the one who, more than anyone else, really benefits from being at camp from day 1. Great start!

Awesome- he's definitely the one who, more than anyone else, really benefits from being at camp from day 1. Great start!

Just out of curiosity, BradyFTW, why do you feel he benefits more than anyone else from being in camp on the first day? Again, I'm asking out of curiosity. Sometimes, it can be hard to interpret when reading a post.

Just out of curiosity, BradyFTW, why do you feel he benefits more than anyone else from being in camp on the first day? Again, I'm asking out of curiosity. Sometimes, it can be hard to interpret when reading a post.

Having a new position to learn; not necessarily a huge deal, but he probably has more that he to absorb before he can be a major contributor than the other guys. And given how guys who miss a lot of training camp always seem to suffer surprising setbacks (I'd expect some, but frequently they basically just lose a year), it's especially important that that not happen to him. I'd hate for us to have another Crable on our hands.

they had to go with the QB #1 they gave up on kurt warner, way to fast marc bulger, was never the guy

and the last guys they picked on defense Tye Hill, Adam Carriker, and Chris Long, all top 15 picks and all bust. they could not afford to pass on a QB again.

The does not mean that picking for D early is a bad thing, just that they screwed up. They could have picked Mayo instead of Chris Long. Even better (this has got to hurt) they could have had Darrell Revis instead of Adam Carriker in 2007.

We shall see how it works out. I am just reading tea leaves of course. Bradford seems to have superior accuracy but he has a girly-man build. Phil Sims was the same way coming out; as accurate as any passer who has played but he had a delicate build. After a couple of brutal injuries, he dedicated himself to body building and the rest is history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots