PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Corwin Brown named new DB coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did a great job at ND, I think their pass defense was one of the worst in all of Div. 1.

Re: Corwin Brown named new DB coach

I know, and their pass defense was absolutely terrible. As a Notre Dame guy, I find this amazing.

Let's chalk this one to: BB must know something we don't.

And hope for the best.

He did a great job at ND, I think their pass defense was one of the worst in all of Div. 1.

With the lack of interest from pro scouts on ND's draft eligible class it's pretty obvious where the problem was there. Also, what you say is wrong -- take a look: Notre Dame Official Athletic Site

Seems like he's done a pretty good job, an excellent job considering the lack of talent on the defensive side of the ball @ ND.

Corwin Brown is very nearly an anagram for Connor Barwin ... a promising sign, in my book.

I actually read it as Connor Barwin and got really confused :)

It's amazing how some people forget that just because you're not good at a coordinator/head coach position, you can't still be good as a position coach/coordinator.

That is, unless people think RAC and Charlie were crappy coordinators, too.

Perhaps he'll work w/ STs as well, since that's mainly where he played in the NFL.

I agree with PL. Brown knows Bill, knows the system & knows how to coach outside of the Kremlin in Foxborough. Maybe he's not DC material now, but he should be an automatic upgrade over the unqualified, D3-grad-student-caliber Boyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes