PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter coming up on EEI - app. 9:10 a.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LloydBraun

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
D & C have Schefter coming up soon o EEI. It is 9:08 now, he's supposed to be on after the commercial break.

Re: Schefter coming up on EEI- app. 9:10 a.m.

Just tuned in an and he said that he expects Taylor to be traded on draft day no matter what parcells is publicly saying

D & C have Schefter coming up soon o EEI. It is 9:08 now, he's supposed to be on after the commercial break.

That means we should tune in around 9:45. :bricks:

Did he just say that he expects Ty Law back in NE??

Did he just say that he expects Ty Law back in NE??

Ya, my bet would be as a safety and move meriweather to corner

I would be surprised if he comes in as a Safety. If our situation stays the way it is now then he starts as #2 CB and Hobbs is #1. As the season moves forward rookies get a chance to work into the starting line up and Law goes to Nickle. This does not sound great to me but Law and Hobbs can play within the system.

Moving Merriweather would be a mistake IMHO

Ya, my bet would be as a safety and move meriweather to corner

I'll take that bet.

Law is a CB. Merriweather is a safety. Why swap them and have 2 people in the same backfield learn new positions simultaneously. That's ascaring me.

He did say that last night on NFLN. I think it's only logical for the media to assume that would be a workable patch for a team probably looking at drafting a couple of corners. Ty knows the system. Michael Smith was on Sports Extra last night and he was pretty dismissive of Ty finding a market elsewhere since he believes he just can't run any more. I would wonder if part of that isn't training and motivation related. Herm is a hugger, not a demander. If they stick with the system and look to improve on the pass rush, even if they do jam a little more, Ty remains a ballhawk and BB's system is all about putting them in place to make a play even while giving up some underneath stuff as long as you don't let them beat you long. It's a stop gap move but Bill is just not going to throw a rookie corner to the wolves.

Law may be a ballhawk, but it is a fact he doesn't run as fast as he used to, and he was never a burner. Given the Pats probably want to add more speed in the back-end of their defense, Law doesn't seem like the answer.

Granted, I love Ty, with his experience he can probably still be effective. I'd love to see him back. However, he really isn't a #1 CB anymore and I hope he isn't their answer to Samuel leaving. I see him as more of a replacement for Chad Scott.

BTW, did they ask him about Moss? Did he parrot his comments from last night?

Law may be a ballhawk, but it is a fact he doesn't run as fast as he used to, and he was never a burner. Given the Pats probably want to add more speed in the back-end of their defense, Law doesn't seem like the answer.

Granted, I love Ty, with his experience he can probably still be effective. I'd love to see him back. However, he really isn't a #1 CB anymore and I hope he isn't their answer to Samuel leaving. I see him as more of a replacement for Chad Scott.

Ty Law was never a burner, but his instincts made up for that. He was very physical, though...certainly the 'Colts WR rules' have taken a little away from that physicality.
By the way, where's Jimmy Hitch**** when you need him most?

Ty Law was never a burner, but his instincts made up for that. He was very physical, though...certainly the 'Colts WR rules' have taken a little away from that physicality.

Jimmy Hitch? How about Chris Canty? Where is Chris, come back bud, we'll let the rest-area thing slide, we need a corner.

On a serious note, we all have to come the realization that we aren't going to have a #1 corner unless we draft one at #7 or trade for DHall. Until that happens, I have no issue with Ty Law getting his old job back to hold the fort until our draft pick is ready to take over. Meriweather is an option, but he is a safety and that's where he's most effective. Honestly Meriweather was getting beaten like a rented-mule when BB tried to play him at corner in the pre-season, it's not his best position by any means, keep him at safety, where he can lay some people out.

Just tuned in an and he said that he expects Taylor to be traded on draft day no matter what parcells is publicly saying

Sheftner while respected by most is wishy washy to say the least. On 2/28/2008 he said he was confident that Taylor wouldn't be going anywhere on 790 sports radio in South Florida. Now he's certain he will be dealt. Interseting!!! I've seen him flip flop one issues before as well.

For the record I'm really not as bias to the situation as folks may think. Obviously I want Taylor to remain a Dolphin but with the current crappy status of the team I'd understand trading him if the price was right. It's not like it's going to effect their Super Bowl hopes in 2008.LOL

Last edited:

Sheftner while respected by most is wishy washy to say the least. On 2/28/2008 he said he was confident that Taylor wouldn't be going anywhere on 790 sports radio in South Florida. Now he's certain he will be dealt. Interseting!!! I've seen him flip flop one issues before as well.

For the record I'm really not as bias to the situation as folks may think. Obviously I want Taylor to remain a Dolphin but with the current crappy status of the team I'd understand trading him if the price was right. It's not like it's going to effect their Super Bowl hopes in 2008.LOL

This Dancing with the Star's thing is about to BURN Taylor. The Tuna won't be impressed when JT misses workouts because he's dancing around a stage in Hollywood. He's made a career decision by agreeing to be on that show.

You're not going to get a #1 CB to replace Asante. Hopefully you get a rookie who has the potential to become that, but in the meantime you get a Chad Scott or a Ty Law to man the position until the kid learns the ropes. You could look around to trade for a corner who appears to have little more rubber left on his tires or potential upside, but as Duane Starks proved the devil you don't know is often the riskier bet.

If we don't see Ty here it will be because Bill assessed him as toast, or he overpriced himself yet again. If you do see him here it will be because Bill believes he can work with/around whatever is left in Ty's tank.

There are still some FA DBs out there. I bet we bring a few in before the draft. BB and company never enter the draft with a huge glaring hole of need if they can help it. They try to address it in FA first, then draft their favorite players.

Yep, the one thing the Pats defensive backfield lacked this season was physical play at CB. Law would certainly fill that need... that is, if he's got anything left in the tank. Jimmy Hitchc*ck or Antonio Langham, who knows what the Pats will get if they sign him. He's worth a looksee at Vet-min or thereabouts.

This Dancing with the Star's thing is about to BURN Taylor. The Tuna won't be impressed when JT misses workouts because he's dancing around a stage in Hollywood. He's made a career decision by agreeing to be on that show.

Not at all. It's Jason's way of shooting his way out of town (with rubber bullets and no blood) without having to open his mouth and sully his image as a So. Florida and NFL icon.

As for Schefter, he gets spoonfed a lot of stuff that used to go to the ESPN toadies. In the beginning of NFLN his insider stuff was great because it was just that. Now he's trying to stay ahead of the competition and he's starting to spin opinion on storylines where he is getting the same inside scoop as everyone, which is often none...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes