PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter claims Washington on trading block

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Schefter claims Washington on trading block

Is it me or are the Pats suffering from a case of loose lips lately.

Whether it's on purpose or not, it seems the Pats have become very leaky with information.

They're just blabbermouths. I know Bill B. was hanging out the laundry just when Adam S. walked by and, well, he just can't keep a secret.

He just had to tell him about Asante's franchise deal and Adam swore he wouldn't say a thing about that kelly washington thing.

B!tch!

I have to agree Chambers is overrated. If you look at his Pro Bowl season, he got something like 20% of his yards against the Bills and that was a game where the Bills went up by 21 points in about five minutes and the Dolphins passed like crazy. His rest of the season stats were very pedestrian other than one or two other games. People predicted he was going to be an elite WR based on that.

Personally, I have never seen a #1 WR drop as many balls at this guy. He has hands of stone encased in marble.

Schefter has some pretty good sources with the Pats. I wouldn't "disagree with him" and decide to substitute another player of your choosing.

But this is obviously predictable. Trying to get something instead of nothing. Schefter also reports Chambers, Michael Clayton, and Reggie Williams are on the block.

EDIT: Are you sure he said Washington? Those three above are the only ones PFT mentions.

Who?.............

Who?.............

Schefter has broken some stories with the Pats including the Moss deal. He must know someone. He didn't make up the Samuel promise of no franchise next year if certain goals are met (at least I assume he didn't). He scooped everyone on that one.

Schefter has broken some stories with the Pats including the Moss deal. He must know someone. He didn't make up the Samuel promise of no franchise next year if certain goals are met (at least I assume he didn't). He scooped everyone on that one.

Whoa! I haven't seen any verification of this report. Have you?

Whoa! I haven't seen any verification of this report. Have you?

I can't see Schefter going on the air with a report that Samuel has an out without independent verification. It is one thing about going on the air with potential trade rumors, but it is another to go on the air claiming there is an agreement in place to get Samuel to sign without verifying it.

I can't see Schefter going on the air with a report that Samuel has an out without independent verification. It is one thing about going on the air with potential trade rumors, but it is another to go on the air claiming there is an agreement in place to get Samuel to sign without verifying it.

Tomase reported just the opposite in the Herald this morning, as I recall.

He could know Samuel's agent. He's apparently got 4 or 5 guys on the trading block. If one gets traded he's a genius. If none do, it doesn't mean he's wrong.

Miss Cleo made some good coin this way until she got stopped.

I'm sure guys at NFL.com have lots of sources.

If they're team sources, they'll shout it from the roof tops believe me.

Tomase reported just the opposite in the Herald this morning, as I recall.

Tomase also wrote that he signed the contract. Which was wrong. That's why he is writing for the Herald and Schefter is on the NFL Network. I like Tomase, but he does like to jump the gun with his stories to get them out. He has been burnt in the past like this.

Last edited:

I just did a google and other searches on the web all over and found NOTHING regarding this from Schefter or anyone.

Last edited:

He could know Samuel's agent. He's apparently got 4 or 5 guys on the trading block. If one gets traded he's a genius. If none do, it doesn't mean he's wrong.

Miss Cleo made some good coin this way until she got stopped.

I'm sure guys at NFL.com have lots of sources.

If they're team sources, they'll shout it from the roof tops believe me.

Hey, Schefter could be speculating or getting it from sources outside Patriots. I just think with two major scoops about this Patriots this offseason, he may be more connected than you think.

The Washington thing could easily be speculation on Schefter's part, but I don't know if we can outright dismiss it as such. The Pats could be just sending out feelers on Washington to see if anyone will blow them away with an offer (granted blow away for a player like Washington would be a mid to high second day pick), but won't trade him otherwise.

Just because this is the first we heard about it doesn't mean Pioli hasn't been working the phones to trade Washington or probably a half dozen other bubble players. Pioli has said that he is alway talking to other teams during preseason seeing who may be available and who might need certain players. Schefter could have just gotten wind of one of Pioli's typical conversations.

Last edited:

Tomase also wrote that he signed the contract. Which was wrong. That's why he is writing for the Herald and Schefter is on the NFL Network. I like Tomase, but he does like to jump the gun with his stories to get them out. He has been burnt in the past like this.

Do 'we' know Tomase was wrong? Has the timeline been established? I haven't seen that, either.

Could Schefter's comment re: Washington be any MORE qualified? Good Lord. I mean, maybe the guy gets dealt, but this thread is a bit over the top, considering what Schefter reported. "Maybe even possibly...?" Let's maybe take a breath and just see what happens.

Do 'we' know Tomase was wrong? Has the timeline been established? I haven't seen that, either.

It was pretty widely reported that Samuel didn't sign his tender offer until today. Either he is right and a lot of other writers are wrong or he is wrong.

The official announcement of his signing didn't come out until today.

Hey, Schefter could be speculating or getting it from sources outside Patriots. I just think with two major scoops about this Patriots this offseason, he may be more connected than you think.

The Washington thing could easily be speculation on Schefter's part, but I don't know if we can outright dismiss it as such. The Pats could be just sending out feelers on Washington to see if anyone will blow them away with an offer (granted blow away for a player like Washington would be a mid to high second day pick), but won't trade him otherwise.

Just because this is the first we heard about it doesn't mean Pioli hasn't been working the phones to trade Washington or probably a half dozen other bubble players. Pioli has said that he is alway talking to other teams during preseason seeing who may be available and who might need certain players. Schefter could have just gotten wind of one of Pioli's typical conversations.

If they're sending out feelers or if other teams are expressing interest, he could know about it without having a Pats source.

Hey, the guy works for NFL.com or NFLN or whatever. he's obviously in the loop more than (name an unreliable gossip source here). It's called scuttlebutt, or educated guesses or whatever.

Chris Chambers being on the trading block was the biggest surprise though.
Truly, even Matt Millen has sense enough to pass on that clown. Maybe Miami thought a CFL team would send them used longjohns? :confused:

Why not try to get something out of nothing....I trust in BB&SP they know best.....

Why not try to get something out of nothing....I trust in BB&SP they know best.....

I don't think a lot of people are disagreeing with this idea. Clearly we have a surplus of WR's, and I wouldn't be surprised if we deal one for, say, a 5th or 6th.

Truly, even Matt Millen has sense enough to pass on that clown. Maybe Miami thought a CFL team would send them used longjohns? :confused:

Millen specializes in drafting useless receivers in the first round... I mean, I guess he could give up a 2 for a bust, and have a real bonanza, a bust #1 pick plus trade a #2 on a bust from Miami... but how Millen can he get in one off-season?

Hey! Hey any chance we get our hands on Charles Rogers? That guy has all-pro written all over him...

PFnV

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back