PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Branch to New England for 4th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you guys seriously saying a 4th is way too pricey? If you compare it to what we got for Moss then fine, but Seattle had the bargaining chip here, and let's take a look at our history drafting WR's... it's abysmal. If Branch can be even half of what he was before for us then he's worth a 4th.

Holy mother of god. I hope the magic comes back.

Really, people are complaining about giving up a fourth for him? We still have 7 picks in the first four rounds and we're running out of room for all these young guys.

I think a lot of people will be disappointed in what Branch will be. He is not going to make a huge impact, he will make an impact, but not a huge one. He is getting up their in age and has been battling injuries his entire career. He isnt Moss' replacement, he cant do the things Moss does. What he is, is a veteran WR that knows the Pats system and will probably be the #2/3 WR on the team. He was one of Brady's favorate targets back when he was on the team, so I am sure Brady is happy. I think the team is getting back to the SB days with 4 solid WRs and no super stars, back to when Brady spreads the ball around to WRs/TEs/RBs. It will be interesting to see how it all works out because unlike the SB years, the team doesnt have an experienced proven defense to win games for them

:confused:

People will be disappointed in Branch when he turns out to be exactly what we expected him to be?

You don't say.

I think a lot of people will be disappointed in what Branch will be. He is not going to make a huge impact, he will make an impact, but not a huge one.

Thanks for letting us know BB :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Welcome back Deion!

If Branch can be even half of what he was before for us then he's worth a 4th.

What's half a twig? A twiglet? Sprout? Bud?

Look, some players have higher value in certain systems and on certain teams. Branch knows Brady and vice versa. I think it is a fair trade.

I welcome Branch back and can't wait to see him out there.

From what I've seen, he still has something left in the tank. This would be a great deal if we didn't have to give up a 4th. It seems a little steep, but we need receiver help and there's nobody better suited to help out than Deion.

Shows how desperate the Pats felt they needed another WR. I guess they don't have too much confidence in Tate and Price, especially Price.

I too think a 4th rounder is a little steep, but Deion is probably the best guy we could have brought in.

who is our tallest WR now? lol

our DB's may have more height..

Last edited:
I'm also surprised all of the armchair GMs who haven't noted that he is a great insurance policy in case one of the current WRs goes down.

Unless they'd feel comfortable with Darnell Jenkins being elevated from the practice squad to fill the spot. :)

:confused:

People will be disappointed in Branch when he turns out to be exactly what we expected him to be?

You don't say.

People think he is going to be Moss' replacement and be that big playmaker that Moss was

Are you guys seriously saying a 4th is way too pricey? If you compare it to what we got for Moss then fine, but Seattle had the bargaining chip here, and let's take a look at our history drafting WR's... it's abysmal. If Branch can be even half of what he was before for us then he's worth a 4th.

How it works around here is when we trade players for draft picks, they're useless and we don't know what to do with them other than stockpile and trade them. Then, when we give one up for a player, they are very precious, valuable things that we have just tossed away without thought or rationale.

I love it. I think Brady and Belichick will be able to get the most out of Branch. He never really had a great QB or coach in Seattle. Hasselbeck is average, at best. If Brady could make Caldwell look good, I wonder what he could do with a rejuvenated Branch.

People think he is going to be Moss' replacement and be that big playmaker that Moss was

People who have been fans since 2007, you mean.

I'd like to think the rest of us are a bit more even-keeled.

Giving up a 4th for Branch at this point is a no-brainer.
C'mon people.

Branch for a 4th = fail, the only thing making me not puke is thinking moroney for branch, thats a win.

Why are people acting like this guy is a top receiver? He could end up injured riding on the plane here too.

The Seahawks held the Patriots up with this deal. A fourth round choice was too much to give up for the 2010 version of Deion Branch. The only way this makes sense is if the Pat's don't have to take the majority of his contract.

Exactly what role is Branch going to fill for the Patriots?

He's going to play opposite Tate with Welker in the slot. And if reports are to be believed, his old QB who loved playing with him, called him and convinced him to come back. Brady probably thinks of him as someone who can come back and get right into the mix. So, we spent a 4th rounder on him - so what? It was my opinion that getting a 3rd for Moss was really no value, because we have so many picks we can't possibly sign all those young players plus keep the ones we've already got. While I wish he was younger and healthier, I can't argue with trying to recreate the magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back