PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Brady already took MRI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Schefter:Brady already took MRI

Nooooo!!!!

noooo!!!!!

I'm already prepared mentally for a season without Brady. Does it suck? Beyond belief. But here's why this team can still be a competitive team, maybe winning 10 games and making the playoffs:

1. Belichick is still their head coach. He really is that good.
2. The Pats' defense is solid. Not dominant, not great, but solid.
3. The running game has the capability of being very good. Maybe this turns into a grind-it-out on the ground kind of team.
4. Randy Moss. He can make any QB look good (exhibit A: the TD catch)
5. They do have, on paper, a pretty easy schedule.

Last year, the Pats blew just about everybody out. I envision 9 or 10 wins, most of them in the 17-14, or 20-17 kind of range.

Brady is my favorite football player of all time so this is very, very tough. But I am a Patriots fan first, and wouldn't it be unbelievably sweet for this team to rally around Matt Cassel and show the kind of character we've come to know and respect, and do what everyone thinks is impossible...bring another Lombardi back to New England?

You must have seen different ones than everyone else because the replays I saw showed Brady's leg getting hit below the knee and nothing else.

When you have all your weight on your plant leg and a helmet causes it to buckle 8 inches in a direction it's not supposed to go ..... bad things happen. IMO P-nation NY is right... This looked bad form the very begining.

Having said that... it's time to dig down into the trenches and play Patriot football.

Last edited:
Devastated.

Whatever the injury, get well soon Tom, you are legend.

Last edited:
Come on now, you guys are really scaring me. I have prepared myself and know he's out for the year. But when I see it even being mentioned that he might not play again or be the same player I just can't believe it.

Get your facts straight and if you want an intelligent arguement leave out the personal attacks, it makes you look like a 12 yr old girl.

The irony of this is hysterical (a medical condition, thought to be particular to women, caused by disturbances of the uterus). You reply to a personal insult with another insult--the greatest insult this manly board can muster in fact; you called him a girl. O the horror!

I'm already prepared mentally for a season without Brady. Does it suck? Beyond belief. But here's why this team can still be a competitive team, maybe winning 10 games and making the playoffs:

1. Belichick is still their head coach. He really is that good.
2. The Pats' defense is solid. Not dominant, not great, but solid.
3. The running game has the capability of being very good. Maybe this turns into a grind-it-out on the ground kind of team.
4. Randy Moss. He can make any QB look good (exhibit A: the TD catch)
5. They do have, on paper, a pretty easy schedule.
-snip-
Brady is my favorite football player of all time so this is very, very tough. But I am a Patriots fan first, and wouldn't it be unbelievably sweet for this team to rally around Matt Cassel and show the kind of character we've come to know and respect, and do what everyone thinks is impossible...bring another Lombardi back to New England?

You may be whistling past the graveyard, but rather than giving into doom and gloom or stop watching the Pats altogether, I think I'll whistle with you--after I hear what the situation really is.

Enough of you,brat. You call me stupid for saying something that I didnt even say. Get your facts straight and if you want an intelligent arguement leave out the personal attacks, it makes you look like a 12 yr old girl.

Jeff - I quoted your stupidity. Just like I quoted you every other time I've responded to you. If you are going to tell someone else to check their facts, I suggest you do so first. I didn't call you an idiot in my response to you.

When you actually start posting with intelligence, let me and everyone else know because so far, this season, you've not done so.

OH, and one last thing, an MRI takes a picture of the soft tissue (which is what swells) while an X-ray takes a picture of bone. I've got 1st hand experience on whether or not an MRI can be affected by swelling. I had to have two of them on my torn ACL because the swelling was so bad the first time that they couldn't read the MRI properly.

Last edited:
My 2 cents on schefter...When he gets his info from the league offices it's mostly accurate as everyone acknowledges that he's spoon fed information. This injury situation isn't the same and he's on a level playing field with all the other media. So, maybe he's right, maybe he's wrong. I'll still wait for the official word.

I'm already talked out over Brady's knee...

All I feel like saying is

Eff this!!

Sorry, but that's all I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes