PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter:BB may be fined but not suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see that happen, but it wont. If the players walked out because of this it would be glorious.

I'm waiting for Vegas to get involved (of course it wouldn't be public). How can they realistically set a line with the refs determining the outcome of the games? And I can't see how the public can continue to bet on these games when there is an X factor that can't be quantified.

Last edited by a moderator:
If BB is fined, I think that we as fans can donate a couple of bucks each to pay it.

Hey, I love the guy, but I think he's doing just a bit better financially than me....

you guys realize that Goodell has less to dow with this than Kraft right? I dislike Goodell myself, but making him a whipping boy for the misdeeds of the owners, especially when Kraft is one of the most powerful ones seems a little bit like obfuscation.

you guys realize that Goodell has less to dow with this than Kraft right? I dislike Goodell myself, but making him a whipping boy for the misdeeds of the owners, especially when Kraft is one of the most powerful ones seems a little bit like obfuscation.
Your right, but we hate goody so its easy to put it all on him. If the owners wanted they could get the money to pay the reffs, they could probably find the money under the cushions on their couches.

1.) Goodell is responsible for discipline, so any BB fine is on Goodell, not Kraft.

2.) Goodell is the one leading the discussions for the owners, so saying that's on Kraft is simply not accurate.

1.) Goodell is responsible for discipline, so any BB fine is on Goodell, not Kraft.

2.) Goodell is the one leading the discussions for the owners, so saying that's on Kraft is simply not accurate.

You are wrong here. This is on Kraft and 31 other guys. Goodell is doing what they want him to do here. This is nothing like fines and suspensions which puts owners at odds with each other. This is a contractual issue and Goodell is working as directed from the owners. Ask Bob Kraft about this not Goodell.
Is the divorce lawyer responsible for the divorce?

You are wrong here. This is on Kraft and 31 other guys. Goodell is doing what they want him to do here. This is nothing like fines and suspensions which puts owners at odds with each other. This is a contractual issue and Goodell is working as directed from the owners. Ask Bob Kraft about this not Goodell.
Is the divorce lawyer responsible for the divorce?

1.) The thread itself is about Goodell fining BB, and you don't dispute my point there, so I assume you agree that delegation in the NFL applies, since you're not claiming that it's Kraft who may be fining Belichick.

2.) Goodell's not getting fired if the officials keep their pensions.

3.) There are times when divorce lawyers are responsible for divorces or, at the very least, for the nastiness of those divorces.

Last edited:
On a questionable field goal that cost his team the game, BB had every right to get clarification on why it wasn't review-able.

I don't see anything wrong with what he did.

Fined? Suspended? He should get a damn trophy for not punching the ref out.

1.) The thread itself is about Goodell fining BB, and you don't dispute my point there, so I assume you understand that delegation applies.

3.) There are times when divorce lawyers are responsible for divorces or, at the very least, for the nastiness of those divorces.

Clearly this is on the owners more so then Goodell. Goodell is an idiot and deserves to be the whipping boy as he is the paid head of the owners but lets not sit here and act like any fines that would be shelled out are not in the owners best intrest. The reason Goodell would fine BB is because the owners dont want their employees strengthening the position of the refs with public displays like that. And if he doesnt fine BB its because the owners dont want to further highlight the problems with a public statement like that. (black and white interpretation and obviously there is a little more to it than that).

The one thing I would say that Bill has going for him is he didnt say anything he shouldnt during his presser and really all they have on him was his reaching out to try and get someones attention. If they were face to face and that contact happened I dont the NFL would have had a choice but because he was just clearly trying to get the guys attention I think he will get away with it as the NFL doesnt need headlines this week to read "The NFL's most successful coach fined for scab refs sucking"

Fined? Suspended? He should get a damn trophy for not punching the ref out.

Can you imagine....

The mediots would kill for a chance on getting BB suspended for a decade and a 10 million dollar fee.

1) I was responding to the posts laying blame at Goodell's feet for the current impasse with the real refs.

2) He's acting as a REPRESENTATIVE for their interests and sticking points, so it's silly to lay the lions share of blame at his feet.

Last edited:
1.) The thread itself is about Goodell fining BB, and you don't dispute my point there, so I assume you agree that delegation in the NFL applies, since you're not claiming that it's Kraft who may be fining Belichick.

The owners can end this referee conflict today. Not Goodell.

Why would Goody get fired when he serving as an agent on behalf of the owners?

MEDIA = Pieces of trash.

I've been watching NFLN today and, surprisingly, the most balanced assessment of this came from Ladainian Tomlinson. Basically, he said that when you're trying to get someone's attention and they won't acknowledge you, it's human nature to grab their arm to get their attention.

They had plenty of other people with opinions on this topic, but they never went back to why Belichick wanted to talk to the refs. The subject of whether the FG was good or not or if it could be reviewed never came up.

The owners can end this referee conflict today. Not Goodell.

Why would Goody get fired when he serving as an agent on behalf of the owners?

Goodell could agree to the officials' demands and have the agreement drawn up today. He doesn't need permission from the owners.

Last edited:
Goodell could agree to the officials' demands and have the agreement drawn up today. He doesn't need permission from the owners.

He does if he wants to keep his job and avoid facing civil liability.

Deus, please stop this is a ridiculous notion. You are basically saying that is Goodells fault for this not being over becuase he could go behind the backs of the people that pay him and cave to the Ref's demands. This is on the owners of the NFL and as the paid rep of the owners it is on Goodell as well but the owners are the true culprits in this one. One could argue the Refs are a culprit too but thats not the topic of this thread.

I've been watching NFLN today and, surprisingly, the most balanced assessment of this came from Ladainian Tomlinson. Basically, he said that when you're trying to get someone's attention and they won't acknowledge you, it's human nature to grab their arm to get their attention.

They had plenty of other people with opinions on this topic, but they never went back to why Belichick wanted to talk to the refs. The subject of whether the FG was good or not or if it could be reviewed never came up.

Thanks for posting that. I have not had time to read or watch much today. I am shocked to hear that there was actually a balanced assessment by anyone, especially Tomlinson. :eek:
To be honest, I have a general dislike and distrust of the media. It's not just sports related.

Last edited:
I'll be shocked if he's not fined. It's another opportunity for the commish's office to knock BB back a peg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back