PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter article on Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was a good read...

i see shefter as one of the best in NFL...

i liked this the best

Let the countdown to 16-0, history, and the 1972 Miami Dolphins begin.

Perhaps after that discussion of how the recent unbeatens were beaten by pressure, and the fact that Pittsburgh is blitz happy to begin with, Schefter should have mentioned when he wrapped up saying we won 21 in a row... that the 21 game streak ended against those same LeBeau defenses.

I still think we got that one, but I think it would have closed the loop nicely. Maybe it was there but ended on the electronic cutting room floor.

PFnV

i see shefter as one of the best in NFL...

i liked this the best

I seem to recall that most around here have been fond of disparaging Schefter over the years.... should be interesting to watch fan reaction as he's clearly jumped on the bandwagon - and therefore stands to become one of the more popular writers around here.

I don't recall much Schefter disparagement here. Maybe selective memory, but I recall him breaking several news stories concerning the Patriots. He obviously has a pipeline into a reliable Pats source.

Yeah, Schefter tends to be pretty pro-Pats in my memory.

Yeah, Schefter tends to be pretty pro-Pats in my memory.

and extremely well-prepared. I've attended the NFL draft the last few years and while waiting in line, you get to see the talking heads go inside to the studio. Most were carrying a notebook or two. Shefter wheeled in a two foot high stack of papers, obviously background info on the draft picks. That alone told me that the guy did his homework......

Shefter's point is spot on!
The only team in the NFL that's going to beat the New England Patriots IS the New England Patriots.
If they don't beat themselves no one else will.
This rarified air we New England sports fans breath.
Whatever you do don't take these glory days for granted.

and extremely well-prepared. I've attended the NFL draft the last few years and while waiting in line, you get to see the talking heads go inside to the studio. Most were carrying a notebook or two. Shefter wheeled in a two foot high stack of papers, obviously background info on the draft picks. That alone told me that the guy did his homework......

We can only hope he is one day the official replacement for Mel Kiper Jr., or at least for his hair.

PFnV

Media: Have you thought about 16-0?
BB: We are thinking about the Bills.
Media: Will Tom and Randy play the entire game.
BB: The Bills are a great team who do a lot of things well we don't think about foolish things like that.
Media: What if you're up 73-0?
BB: Next question.........ok.
Media: But..
BB: Are we going to talk about the Bills or are we done here?

Next week...

Media: You're 10-0 is is ok to talk about 16-0?
BB: We are thinking about the Eagles they're a very talented team who do a lot of things well...............

They are going to get the same answers every single week. BB will not waiver and it will drive them INSANE.

I thought the schefter article was fluff at best. Nothing we didn't already know. A bit of a contrast considering that schefter's stong point is reporting something new.

his analysis regarding "pressure on the quarterback" was weak. Anytime any defense can pressure a QB is an advantage. Again, nothing we didn't already know.

I guess the league didn't have any "scoops" to send his way this week!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes