PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schedule question re: home and away rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.

LasVegasPatsFan

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I know its early but why is the Cardinals a home game since we played them here in 2008? I thought they alternated every four years.

I know its early but why is the Cardinals a home game since we played them here in 2008? I thought they alternated every four years.

They should, but some idiots whined about the horrors of possibly having to play two games on the West Coast (after the Pats played FOUR in 2008, with no whining), and so they changed the pairings in the AFC West/NFC West to prevent it.

..and Seattle will remain an away game, just like it was four years ago.

The rotation for both the NFC West and AFC West changed. Reason for that was that prior to the change two teams would have shorter road trips, and two teams in the same division would have longer road trips.

In the AFCW the pairings used to be San Diego and Oakland (further) or Denver and Kansas City (shorter). That was changed to Oakland and Denver or San Diego and Kansas City; the result was that the Pats traveled to Oakland in 2011 as well as in 2008, while Kansas City came to Foxboro twice in a row.

Same situation with the NFCW. It used to be Seattle and San Francisco were paired together, and Arizona and St. Louis were paired together in the schedule rotation; now it's either Arizona and San Francisco or St. Louis and Seattle. Once again the change results in a one-time situation where we go to one team twice in a row (Seattle) and another team comes here twice in a row (Arizona).

After this year everything will be back on track as far the schedule rotation goes.

It now seems likely that Tom Brady will never play a game in Glendale again. I cannot complain.

Wasn't it 2009? I'm sure Brady played and he was out in 2008.

Wasn't it 2009? I'm sure Brady played and he was out in 2008.

Nah, Matt Cassel blew em out 47-7 in the snow at home...and then the Cardinals nearly went and won the Super Bowl.

Nah, Matt Cassel blew em out 47-7 in the snow at home...and then the Cardinals nearly went and won the Super Bowl.

Yeah. The game was a classic example of a "wake up call" for an NFL team.

The rotation for both the NFC West and AFC West changed. Reason for that was that prior to the change two teams would have shorter road trips, and two teams in the same division would have longer road trips.

In the AFCW the pairings used to be San Diego and Oakland (further) or Denver and Kansas City (shorter). That was changed to Oakland and Denver or San Diego and Kansas City; the result was that the Pats traveled to Oakland in 2011 as well as in 2008, while Kansas City came to Foxboro twice in a row.

Same situation with the NFCW. It used to be Seattle and San Francisco were paired together, and Arizona and St. Louis were paired together in the schedule rotation; now it's either Arizona and San Francisco or St. Louis and Seattle. Once again the change results in a one-time situation where we go to one team twice in a row (Seattle) and another team comes here twice in a row (Arizona).

After this year everything will be back on track as far the schedule rotation goes.

Thanks a lot for going to the trouble of laying that out. Very helpful...I learn something new every day!

Bottom line: No one from the 2007 team will likely ever have to play in Glendale again. Can't say I'm shedding any tears over that.

Yes, I don't know why, but for some reason I was thinking about the London game against TB - that was 09. sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots