PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schedule Only Tough on Paper

Bostonian1962

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I realize that the Patriots have the 3rd toughest schedule on paper, based on last years records, but I'm not afraid of what I see.

They usually do quite well against the Bills and the Jets, and I don't see this year as being any different. Miami has given them fits, but this appears to be one of the weakest Miami teams in quite some time.

With the mass exodeus of coaches in SD, I don't see them being as good as the team last year. Ditto the Dallas Cowboys.

The Colts don't have a problem with a mass exodeus of coaches, no their issue is a mass exodeus of players, and again, I don't think the team this year will be as good as last year's version.

If you look at it, the Chargers, Cowboys, Dolphins, and Steelers all have new coaching staffs, and three of the Pats first 7 games are against them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's an easy schedule. I am saying that it doesn't scare me like some of the schedules over the past few years.

Now, the Pats and all the other teams still have the draft, and more offseason moves to go, so we can all speak more intelligently about this as the season gets closer, but upon first glance, I feel good about things.

P.S. - I didn't even mention that 3 of the final 4 games of the season are at home.:)

No you're dead on the money. San Diego in the post season last year was a task, at home this year will be a joke. San Diego be lucky to start the season 1-1. The Colts almost-could have been-dynasty is over.

Its a paper-tough schedule for sure

I'm not going to say the Colts are on decline until I see it.

And penciling in a win over SD because they have a new coach is also ridiculous.

True. In Fact, pencilling in most wins in the NFL is not a safe thing. The point here though is that saying a team's schedule is easy or tough based on a previous year's record is iffy at best. :)

True. In Fact, pencilling in most wins in the NFL is not a safe thing. The point here though is that saying a team's schedule is easy or tough based on a previous year's record is iffy at best. :)

There are so many variables, including injuries.. to predict wins right now seems somewhat nonsensical.. we are assuming we have minimal injuries.. we never know, the shedule is what it is. this coupled with the changes internally in a team, who would have thunk that Addai could have stepped in for Edgerring James as well as he did?? So the Indy defections might be replaced, as much as we do not want them to.. they can field essentially a very good team.

And penciling in a win over SD because they have a new coach is also ridiculous.

And especially when that old coach was who you guys rightly depended on to blow it in the play-offs.;)

As far as I am concerned, the Patriots are BY FAR the team to beat this year. I worry more about the potential loss of Gay and Samuels more than this schedule.

It is the OTHER teams that are playing the Patriots that should be worried. For anyone that cares, Hector Longo has made a jackA$$ of himself yet again: "Pats' schedule screams 10-6 Unless draft impact is huge, Pats aren't looking Super", http://www.eagletribune.com/sports/local_story_102093835

I look at the schedule and see only 4 tough games: SD, Phi and Cin... with a few other games that won't be easy: Ind, Bal, Jets (x2), and Dal. Out of all of those, I can't see us losing more than 5 and possibly losing 2 or less.

Of course, this is all on paper. Just no need to fret over this schedule.

Let the season begin!

And especially when that old coach was who you guys rightly depended on to blow it in the play-offs.;)

Yeah but replaced by a coach that we expect to blow all the time.
You can't tell me that you feel good about Norv as your coach.

We're still gonna end up winning 12-14 games. I feel pretty confident about our team, especially if Asante ends up playing a year with the tag.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back