Welcome to PatsFans.com

Schedule for next weeks game

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Aldogg, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aldogg

Aldogg Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

NFL.com has the schedule posted for the games next week.

If Pitt wins, we play Sat night in Denver, if the Bengals win, we play Sunday 1 PM in Indy. I am shocked, I thought for sure indy would be the sat night game, seeing how the media would be drooling for a potential Manning vs Brady battle.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules#post

2. Seymour93

Seymour93 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I guess the thought is - Indy is one of the smallest markets in the NFL, whereas the Broncos are the more storied franchise with the larger fan base. They're also probably betting on a Pitt win, which sets up a ratings winner, Pats-Broncos.

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +735 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

Belichick knew this last night when he suggested they'd do more prep work for Denver last night/this morning, as that game would be earlier. Then he was careful to say he didn't know the schedule ;)

"Do you also have eight hours where you work on both teams?
    "We will break it up somehow, yes, that is right. We will break it up. We will somehow cross over. I mean the sense of it is if we go to Denver, that might be the earlier game; so if that is the case, then we might, I am going to get on that one Saturday. If it's a Saturday game. I don't have any facts on that. That is just a wild guess."

4. alamo

alamo praedica numerum! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0

The reason Indy plays Sunday is simple. CBS is locked into Sat night 8PM and Sunday afternoon 1PM for their two games. if Indy played Saturday night, then Denver would have to play at 11AM local time, which is too early.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.