Welcome to PatsFans.com

Scenes in movies that "get you".

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by KontradictioN, Jun 13, 2010.

1. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,908 / 32 / -49

No Jersey Selected

Yet another off topic movie list brought to you by Kontra. :cool: Watching Forrest Gump before the game gave me an idea for another list. What are some scenes in movies that always "get you". By "get you", I mean what are scenes in movies that, no matter how many times you see them, make you emotional? They can make you happy, sad, angry, awkward, laugh, and whatever else. I'll start, of course...

1. Forrest Gump: The scene at the end of the movie when he's talking to Jenny's grave about how smart their son is and how much he misses her always puts a lump in my throat and makes my eyes watery no matter how many times I see it (which has probably been in the 100's now).

2. Old School: The scene when Will Ferrell shoots himself in the neck with the tranquilizer dart, throws the kids out of the way, falls in the pool, and shoves his tongue down Seann William Scott's throat when he's trying to give him CPR always cracks me up.

3. Rudy: The scene when Rudy finally gets on the field will always send chills down my spine and put a smile on my face.

4. Black Hawk Down: The scene where the locals invade the downed chopper and strip the dead soldier's body naked, toss him in the air, and carry him through the streets will always get me red in the face with anger.

Any more?

2. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +715 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Black Hawk Down, the end note from Randy Shughart:

Didn't "get me" until after I became a father.

3. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,908 / 32 / -49

No Jersey Selected

You mean the part where the hatch is closing and they're showing all the caskets on the airplane? Good call. That one always puts a lump in my throat too. Very well done ending to a very powerful movie.

5. Gladiator: The scene when he first confronts Commodus...

“My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.”

...sends chills down my spine. :rocker:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  4. Nikolai

Ratings:
    +715 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

I think, at least given the way most movies are being made now, that BHD may be one of the last great war films for a long time.

5. Patsfan76

Patsfan76 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

6. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The ending when they are beheading and dismembering him as he shouts of "FREEDOM!" does it for me more...looming death and still defiant of the king :cool:

7. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The last scene of "Backdraft", segue from the death of Kurt Russel's character to the funeral to police and fire department questioning the corrupt alderman to William Baldwin's character helping the rookie as the fire truck goes to a fire...hard not to get worked up over it.

8. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The last scene in the first ( 4th ) and the 3rd ( 6th ) Star Wars Movies. As a Kid I watched them so much, even today, when I watch them, I get this overwhelming happiness feeling, and then sadness as if I'm watching a farewell scene...

9. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

not a typical "war film," and not just 1 scene, but the 10th/final part of The Pacific "got me"

Finally finished The Pacific last night, and it was the first time in the series that I connected with any characters, which made the episode that much more memorable (which may have been the intention of the whole series)

10. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The BHD scenes definitely.
    Every scene in the Star Wars prequel movies. They make me want to stab George Lucas in the face every time I see them.
    Fanboys, so many moments that make you laugh and a couple that make you sad as well.

11. PaPZ187

PaPZ187 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ehh I dont really get "emotional" during movies other than laughing, but one movie that does "get me" is Donny Brasco.

The scene where Donny (Johnny Depp) is trying to get Lefty (Pacino) to just take the money he is offering and leave this life behind, before he gets arrested is pretty sad.

Very, very good movie for those who havent seen it, based on a true story as well.

12. Nikolai

Ratings:
    +715 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

I watched The Pacific twice, and after seeing episode ten, it made the rest of the series better on the second watch.

13. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,549 / 14 / -5

I know no one will ever come up with this one, so I guess I will throw it in. At the end of Face Off, when John Travolta shows up after he switches back faces and asks his wife they will raise Nicholas Cage's son. I don't know why, but it kinda chokes me up every time. For a movie that has no right being any good (ludicrious plot), it still entertains me and gets me in the end.

14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +541 / 6 / -2

That scene in Forrest Gump is a tough one. When it starts off with the words "you died on a Saturday..." It's hard not to get a little choked up. There was another scene that was rough in that movie. It's when Bubba dies.

15. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,908 / 32 / -49

No Jersey Selected

Also when she first reveals to him that the kid is actually his son and he asks if the kid has the same problems and she tells him that he's very smart, top of his class. The look on Hanks' face after she tells him that always gets me a little misty.

He did such an excellent job in that movie.

16. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -2

#80 Jersey

My Dog Skip... The final scene.

No matter how many times I watch it... I always :rofl:

17. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +134 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

The last scene in Parenthood always gets me.

Since having kids I can't watch any movie where a child is harmed. I had to leave the room several times when Shutter Island was on.

18. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,908 / 32 / -49

No Jersey Selected

Yeah that scene at the end where he's pulling the bodies out of the river stuck with me for a few hours afterward.

19. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

ARG!!! Spoiler alert much!? :p That's one of the movies I'm definitely looking forward to seeing. I'm a big Leo fan.

20. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,908 / 32 / -49

No Jersey Selected

Sorry man. Wasn't thinking. Unfortunately I can't go back and edit it now. :(