PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scalavino: BB will not name DC (or OC), will work closer with D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Scalavino: BB will not name DC, will work closer with D

Just going to post this. It's the first time I've seen Patriots.com break a story with exclusive quotes from BB.

Last edited:

this is a cover for Matt Patricia who will be the guy, without us knowing it for a year....like Skippy the Kid a few year ago

Reiss is now picking Scalavino's story up on Twitter.

This is disappointing... I mean Miami signs Mike Nolan, Buffalo signs George Edwards, the Jets have Mike Pettine and New England signs... Well, it's what it is... It's like hoping for a featured running back and the team remains committed to a running back by committee.

I reckon Belichick now can focus on infusing the defense with young talent. The list of priorities is evident: Decide on whether or not you'll resign Wilfork, pursue an impact free agent and look for drafting help from the draft.

Hopefully this means we'll be getting an OC that doesn't require adult supervision.....(hopefully).

This is really terrible. The Pats are going down the wrong road. BB was at his best when he wasn't doing everything.

Hopefully this means we'll be getting an OC that doesn't require adult supervision.....(hopefully).

Somehow I don't think that will happen. O'Brien is his guy and hes sticking with him.

I see no one misses maverick4 over here.

The article clearly states there will be no OC either.

:rofl: He's announcing he'll spend more time with the defense at the same time he's praising O'Brien...

“Bill O’Brien has demonstrated excellent leadership and organizational skills in our offense,” Belichick continued. “He is a sharp and passionate coach. It is a good mix on that side of the ball, with Bill working with some extremely experienced coaches in Dante Scarnecchia and Ivan Fears, who have been here my entire time in New England, and some more recent additions to the staff in Chad O’Shea and Brian Ferentz.”

Last edited:
“Bill O’Brien has demonstrated excellent leadership and organizational skills in our offense,” Belichick continued. “He is a sharp and passionate coach. It is a good mix on that side of the ball, with Bill working with some extremely experienced coaches in Dante Scarnecchia and Ivan Fears, who have been here my entire time in New England, and some more recent additions to the staff in Chad O’Shea and Brian Ferentz.”
That is bad news for the offense next year. But then again, I thought McDaniels was terrible after his first year.

What does that have to do with a defensive coordinator?
You haven't been seeing his rants in some time..wish I wasn't. :bricks:

Somehow I don't think that will happen. O'Brien is his guy and hes sticking with him.

Epic Fail

Forrest Gump running the offensive strategy.....
Say hello to 8 and 8 in 2010

H'mmm, Reiss' speculation on TE's coach is looking solid. Is Pat Graham the Defensive Assistant?

You haven't been seeing his rants in some time..wish I wasn't. :bricks:
I know what your talking about as he had problems with the offense. I didn't read the article so I didn't know BB praised O'Brien. I'm sure Maverick4 is pissed off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey