Welcome to PatsFans.com

SC GOP wants Sanford to go...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Sep 11, 2009.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

This is from Fox News, so it has instant credibility from the right as it passes their "high value" litmus test, guess the electorate from SC are trying to dump their Appalachian Trail Hiking Governor...

Sanford Fights Mounting Calls to Resign Liveshots

2. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

No question that Sanford should go. When will Democrats step forward and ask Charlie Rangel to step down from his chairman spot?
  3. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Dunno stay tuned... this thread was about Sanford, just another attempt to deflect from the "party of family values"....
  4. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Do you agree with the SC GOP that Sanford should resign?
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

Yes he should go he's a wife cheating sewer rat he's right up there with Clinton & Uncle Teddy but of course they not only kept their jobs they are "American Heros"

Clinton/Kennedy------"Tee hee oh boys will be boys"
    Sanford-----"Oh god he's horrible kill him, kill his dog"

Imagine what they would have done to Sanford if he drove off a bridge with his friend................:singing:

We Love You Teddy We Miss You
  6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Do not care one way or another, just enjoy the hypocrisy from the party of family values, personally all this stuff just shows the hypocrisy of those who love the power, more than the power of love.
  7. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

How is it hypocrisy when the GOP holds Sanford to the values they expect? Isn't this what we should expect from our political parties?
  8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Do not disagree, but when one party bills itself as all high and mighty about the family, its values and decorum, and then they shyt the bed over and over.. looks a tad foolish, don't you agree??? Seems lately that the Republicans have no self control, Joe Scarborough was talking about this last night and he expressed the same concern.
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 1 / -10

Not picking on you Darryl, but I believe the sooner Americans realize that NOTHING is about being "Right or Left" in this country....NOTHING!

The reality is that nothing SHOULD be about republicans vs. democrats. The only thing that matters is

"Are our gov't officials representing the majority that voted them in AND are they working to bring about change that we want. It's about OUR VISION, not their's.
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Glad to see they are trying to kick his arse to the curb. The guy should have resigned a long time ago.
  11. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I think his affair should be low on the list of things SC voters use to evaluate him, while him being a hypocrite should be dramatically higher. Even still assuming SC's constitution is identical to the US constitution, in that an executive should be removed only for 'high crimes and misdemeanors' this just doesn't reach that level.

A high crime is what Dianne Wilkerson or Mark Blagovitch did, or what Benedict Arnold did. Sleeping with someone other than your wife isn't even a crime.
  12. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

I agree with you on the technical aspect of it all. It's why I don't tend to care what people from other states, do in situations like these. First and foremost, I'm not from state X, is how I feel, while the incidents like the one in question, tend to be personal matters mostly. However, were it up to me (were he a pol in my state, or representing me in some capacity) I'd want his arse gone. I certainly wouldn't vote for said person moving forward. Every situation is different than another, but in this case, the guy went AWOL to sex up some MILF in another country. That would bother me. Especially since I believe he used state transportation to do so.

My opinion on sexual, or personal incidents like this, is generally consistent, but ultimately case by case. The bottom line is that some marraiges don't work. People do get divorced whether we like it or not. I could only imagine what a job in public life does to a relationship. So for me, marriage related stuff is ultimately case by case. Generally though, it tends to be some guy who claims to live a model life, boning some aide, or hiring some hooker. I do have a problem with the hypocracy most of these issues involve. Again though, it's hard for me to know what is going on in someone's home/marriage. People shouldn't be forced to stay in a situation they aren't happy in, for the sake of looking good in the publics eyes. I'd just prefer people not talk one way, when it ends up their totally acting another. You lose credibility with me when that happens, and once you've lost credibility, you can forget about ever getting support. If Sanford were some plumber from Malden, I wouldn't give 2 poops, as would no one else. Once you occupy a position that represents the public, that's no longer the case. For me anyway. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course.
  13. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Some of the greatest leaders we have ever seen have been philandering failures in their personal lives. People need to stop pandering to these Christian boobs who vote on stupid crap like this. The GOP has made their bed (no pun intended) with these people however, and will continue to look like raging hypocrites everytime they crucify a John edwards, or preach about "Family Values" and reduce our dialog to the lowest possible common denomenator and then turn around and act like the rest of us. We need smart politicians, not Ned Flanders.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  14. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Why is it a Christian issue, and why is a candidates honesty, and charactor, not important? Last I checked Wistah isn't religious, and he was always posting pictures of Giuliani in drag, to point out how unpresidential it/he was. I don't think people have to be a Christian to agree with him. For me, it's more a matter of an individuals willingness to lie to the public, and to his family, that matters. A person willing to do that until he's exposed publically, has no credibility. As much as we want smart people in office, we also want credible people as well. Individuals willing to lie to their families, and to the people they represent, are certainly likely to lie about other things as well. At least that's how I look at it. Again though, it is different than stealing funds from an account, or taking bribes. It's a lesser evil if you will, since it's more of a personal issue, than a taxpayer funded one.

BTW, I wouldn't discount someone automatically, for transgressions of a personal nature, just as I don't overlook them.
  15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Do not disagree in principal, but in this case all of his shenanigans and excuses created quite a sideshow.. it seems every day I read something new about how "god" wants him to stay, to put your family through all this shyt and his kids will also be involved.. is downright stupid.. obviously thinking with the wrong head here...

I believe that things that happen behind closed doors, should stay there.. but in this case going to SA to carry on, using tax payers money etc... it all seems so hypocritical and absurd for him to continue.. have to remember SC has talked in the past about seceeding and becoming some type of Christian Independent Country.. so imagine how they feel about this dude..
  16. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

It's one of those 1+1=2 issues you like to tout. "Family Values" is a slogan born out of conservative Christian America (Falwell etc.), which has become the base of the Republican Party. I could give a fvck about "Family values," it's complete trash politics that is only meant to elicit emotional reactions from insular religious communities. Hell, most of the time the phrase is used as a code word for "we need to stop the gay agenda before your kids turn gay and go to hell."

And I don't believe that a man cheating on his wife has anything to do with public credibility. These people are always going to cheat on their wives because many of them are in sham marriages put on to satisfy the bull**** "wholesome" image red America swoons over. Take a look at the list of great Presidents who cheated on their wives. It doesn't excuse it, but I don't think someone's private life is for the public to judge at all much less equate it with public credibility. It's a completely absurd and shallow political trick to start examining the personal lives of public figures; just more sensationalist gossipy bull**** that debases public discourse.
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Well, we'll agree to disagree I guess. While I totally understand about the republicans, and their family values aspect, I don't think it's a stupid quality to weigh. I think a candidates charactor matters to more than just "christian boobs" too. Where it stands on an individuals priority list isn't for me to decide. If you don't weigh it at all, that's fine. It's your choice. If someone else thinks a persons charactor comes first and foremost, so be it. For me, it matters, but doesn't matter as much as most other things. For example, since you mentioned him, consider John Edwards. Do you think his incident doesn't matter? Here's a guy who's talking about two america's, family, the poor, etc. and he's out boning some aid, even fathering a child with her, all while his wife is dying of cancer. Sorry, but that's a charactor flaw that should seriously concern voters, and I don't think you need to be a christian to think that. Again, I do agree with you in some regard, but disagree with respect to others. It's why these types of deals are ultimately case by case for me. With Sanford, if I were from SC, I'd say the guy should resign. He went AWOL, and used public funds to help him get laid.