PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SBB's 8/15 PM practice (last one for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Well it was another fun camp this year. And the last practice was pretty entertaining.

Was there a little early and was suprised to see most of the O on the field already doing a light walk thru and since the crowd was thin early you could hear the plays being called not that I understood that much maybe one or two words on any given call.

Highlights included

a Butler pick of Hoyer, and A Merriweather pick of Robinson.

In run work Spikes dominated meeting BJGE in a gap and knocking him down causing a fumble. Next play the D kept to a 3 yard gain but Gronk knocked Tully on his butt. Then a few plays later BB set up a 4th and one and D went Big and Spikes shot into the backfield stopping the play dead 4 yards in the backfield.

At one point as the Offense broke the Huddle BB starting counting down 10-9-8......as if the play clock was running out Brady got the team up to the line and got the snap off but something went wrong as the receivers and Brady were not on the same page and brady spiked the ball in frustration.

Brace and Burgess were on the field and funny how adding one person to the LB group makes it seem much deeper but now there are 3 -4 guys on the outside and 3 on the inside 4 when Guyton comes back.

I was following Brace for a little bit who again was working at LDE seemed like mostly with the 2s. He generally seems to hold his own but he did get pushed around on one play not sure who the linemen was.

Thats it for now if something else comes to mind I will add to the thread.

Well camp is done for me and Now I will just play a few seasons of Madden waiting for the season which is right around the corner.

Thanks for your many entertaining and informative reports

Great report. Gronk and Spikes -- very nice.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your good times with us.

Should I be happy about Spikes or angry with the o line?

Thanks... I really appreciated your reports. Made football come around a bit faster.

Great reports; thanks :)

Should I be happy about Spikes or angry with the o line?

Any Pats fan should positively giddy about Spikes. If, however, you're just an off-season Sox fan, you may dither about whatever shortcomings you may perceive. Edit: Oh yeah, ;)

Thanks for the reports this year.

Last edited:
I'm in with the others -- great thanks to you and all the other "reporters" from training camp. Wish I could've been there with you!

Well camp is done for me and Now I will just play a few seasons of Madden waiting for the season which is right around the corner.

Are you going to post daily reports of that as well? :D

Been a pleasure reading your observations, thanks for sharing

Thank you for your great reports, SBB.
Always a good read.

Great coverage SBB! Thanks for all the posts!

Thanks SSB for your reports, they are appreciated.
th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

I'm bummed that I didn't make it down last week and now the public part of camp is over tomorrow.:eek:

SBB, thanks for all the hard work you put in. I think your TC reports were the best, they certainly seemed to elaborate on things I actually wanted to hear. I look forward to seeing you do your thing again next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back