PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SBB's 8/10 PM Practice (just as awsome)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow up, in that case.....

Is he looking more like a Stallworth/Galloway (Speed deep and outside), a Gaffney (Possession middle/short and inside), or does he seem comfortable with both styles?

Stallworth/Galloway but I wouldn't claim certainty from just a couple camp looks.

Murrell was running with the first team D but was carted off at the end of practice, dont know how serious it is since I didnt see the injury happen.--- I thought our D line looked pretty good stopping the run.

Our D NAILED their run

Our O run blocked VERY well.

Bummer about Murrell. I saw his decent OLB play but NOT the injury.

Post more observations please. I REALLY gotta go now.

Last edited:
I'll add a couple more things now that I have had a chance to unwind.

-Fred Taylor RIGHT NOW is the starting RB on this team, he took all the first team reps, and Maroney looks like he is 3rd in line as of now.

-Saints were definitely more intense except for Brady, how this year I just feel like this team is much closer than the last couple of years. Guys rooting on other guys, vets coaching up younger players when they make a mistake, instead of not helping out beacuse they dont want to be passed on the depth chart (AD,Springs).

-Didnt think Brady was all that sharp to start 7 on 7 and the team session. It is going to be very interesting to see if he throws the deep ball better than he did last year, it will be imperative that we can connect on some big plays.

-I think this is the most athletic team we have had since the Super Bowl years.

-Spikes is going to be a probowl player, it would not shock me if he has a Jerod Mayo/Patrick Willis type rookie year where he racks up 100+ tackles.

- If Murrell is out for year or weeks that means we will only have 4 healthy OLB which is very thin and dangerous. If injury is serious a roster move would have to be made I would think.

-Tate is going to be the number 3 receiver during the 2 minute offense, Tate who had been in for a bunch of plays in a row checked himself out and Taylor Price went to go in. BB said "Brandon stay in there", a couple of plays later he scores a TD in the corner of th endzone a play which Brady audibled to. So Belichick was def testing his mental and physical capacity in a stressful situation a sign that he really likes him.

-I will add more as I think of it.

Hernandez made SO many plays. Working both with Brady and Hoyer (who looks EXCELLENT BTW) H made play after play. The one you're referring to would broken for big yardage if not a TD. H is a phenom.

Welker, Edelman, Hernandez and yes Tate looked great. Brady hit Tate for a really cool 25 yd TD as Tate turned and was running backwards to make the catch just inside the back corner EZ.

Where the Pats looked AWFULL was covering TEs. NO's #85 a guy named Thomas made 4 or maybe 5 big catches in a row. No stoping him. An in your face to BB? :)

Gotta shower, eat and watch chick TV with the 1st wife. More later.

Thanks PWP, get back to the wife, you were gone all day and have to make amends with some chick flick viewing, thanks for the updates. And yes, H as you call him is a stud in the making and don't worry about his blocking right now, I mean is Dallas Clark known for his blocking? "H" will do his damage with the football in his hands, he's the total H-Back package........Also lovin what I am hearing about Gronk, his size, nastiness and toughness in the redzone, a major need has been addressed.

Last edited:
The Patriots like to hit TEs hard at the line of scrimmage and it's a big part of their game plan when they're facing teams with guys like Dallas Clark. I would imagine that has a bit to do with why they looked bad covering TEs.

I'll add a couple more things now that I have had a chance to unwind.

-Fred Taylor RIGHT NOW is the starting RB on this team, he took all the first team reps, and Maroney looks like he is 3rd in line as of now.

-Saints were definitely more intense except for Brady, how this year I just feel like this team is much closer than the last couple of years. Guys rooting on other guys, vets coaching up younger players when they make a mistake, instead of not helping out beacuse they dont want to be passed on the depth chart (AD,Springs).

-Didnt think Brady was all that sharp to start 7 on 7 and the team session. It is going to be very interesting to see if he throws the deep ball better than he did last year, it will be imperative that we can connect on some big plays.

-Spikes is going to be a probowl player, it would not shock me if he has a Jerod Mayo/Patrick Willis type rookie year where he racks up 100+ tackles.

- If Murrell is out for year or weeks that means we will only have 4 healthy OLB which is very thin and dangerous. If injury is serious a roster move would have to be made I would think.

-Tate is going to be the number 3 receiver during the 2 minute offense, Tate who had been in for a bunch of plays in a row checked himself out and Taylor Price went to go in. BB said "Brandon stay in there", a couple of plays later he scores a TD in the corner of th endzone a play which Brady audibled to. So Belichick was def testing his mental and physical capacity in a stressful situation a sign that he really likes him.

These are great, thanks so much! The bolded: good observation and I agree, they sound like a Team!

Last edited:
-Didnt think Brady was all that sharp to start 7 on 7 and the team session. It is going to be very interesting to see if he throws the deep ball better than he did last year, it will be imperative that we can connect on some big plays

Can you specify what he did that wasn't "sharp"? (besides the strip sack)

PWP: OK but Maroney had a huge run today

PWP: In 7/7 a Saint knocked the ball outa Brady's hand. He was pissed. His bad.

PWP: Yeah. You can feel it watching him.

Tate is SO far ahead of Price who is invisible. Not bad, just another WR.

Tate is SO far ahead of Price who is invisible. Not bad, just another WR.

Well, he's a rookie in what looks like it could be a deep WR corps right now. FWIW, NFL Network had some footage of the practice today and he did make a pretty nice catch.

Well, he's a rookie in what looks like it could be a deep WR corps right now. FWIW, NFL Network had some footage of the practice today and he did make a pretty nice catch.

Which play did they show?

Tate keeping his toes in on the side of the endzone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back