PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SBB's 8/10 AM Practice (Awesome)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... thank you to anyone and everyone who has posted info on the practice. I like reading both sides reviews of what happened. I can't wait for the regular season to start!

Holy crap.

Anyone see this picture of Spikes and Mayo: http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/411543/Patriots_Training_Camp___10_150.jpg

Had no idea Spikes was that enormous. Looks like they'd need to manufacture a custom helmet to accommodate that giant head of his.

He's big. He's really going to help our run defense. Who is that assistant standing to the right of those guys? Wearing a full hooded sweatchirt in 85 degree weather...must really want to impress Bill!

spikes shouldn't be wearing headphones during practice.:eek:

damn late

Thank god, this was one of our major concerns for the practice with the Pats.

https://twitter.com/6trainingcamp
On a random side note: Media food at Patriots camp is excellent.

we'll that and do they have an open bar.

Last edited:
I only remember one or two grabs from Gronk, Crump seemed to get some action with the ones and I remember at least one grab and then he was help pretty bad on another but Hernandez continued to really shine. He had a few nice catches and one pretty nice one fighting off a safety to grab a TD. Generally I have felt Gronk looks better as he seems to work on it all where as Hernandez always seems to be running routes but I think Hernandez stood out more today than Gronk.

I saw pictures on Facebook in which Hernandez had clearly beaten a CB (I think Jabari Greer, though I can't be sure) for what looked like it was a spectacular catch on a jump ball. Did you see this? Also, do you have any observations on the starting D-Line vs. the Saints starting O-Line in particular?

Thanks for the reports. I really like the fact that we're working with the Saints. Payton can help our offense and BB can help their defense. It will be funny if we end up playing each other in the Super Bowl.

I saw pictures on Facebook in which Hernandez had clearly beaten a CB (I think Jabari Greer, though I can't be sure) for what looked like it was a spectacular catch on a jump ball. Did you see this? Also, do you have any observations on the starting D-Line vs. the Saints starting O-Line in particular?

Thanks for the reports. I really like the fact that we're working with the Saints. Payton can help our offense and BB can help their defense. It will be funny if we end up playing each other in the Super Bowl.

Someone tell Welker to stop making us look bad:)

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet Blog Archive Full-speed ahead for Patriots WR Wes Welker? Yup, it seems that way…

toasted S Chip Vaughn for a sweet grab afterward. But will he play Thursday?

“I have no idea,” Welker said. “That’s up to the doctors and coaches, so I’m just trying to go with the flow right now and taking it day-by-day.”

Still not sure?

“It doesn’t look like he ever hurt his knee, I’ll tell you that,” Saints defensive back Randall Gay, a former Patriot, said. “He hasn’t lost his quickness at all. That’s impressive that somebody could come back from an injury like that that quickly. It looked like to me, covering him, that he was back.”

SB is possible for both teams. That would be "wicked", I think the saying is up there. Our DL ready needs this scrimmage vs Brady, hes amazingly good.

Training Camp Today: some video
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/08/training_camp_t_9.html

-

Last edited:
Someone tell Welker to stop making us look bad:)

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet Blog Archive Full-speed ahead for Patriots WR Wes Welker? Yup, it seems that way…

SB is possible for both teams. That would be "wicked", I think the saying is up there. Our DL ready needs this scrimmage vs Brady, hes amazingly good.

Training Camp Today: some video
Training Camp Today: Super Bowl champs are here - Extra Points - Boston.com

-

Thanks for the video. The catch that I was wondering about was in there. Bad throw by Brady, great catch by Hernandez. Also nice to see Maroney catching some passes out of the backfield.

Spikes in the picture is looking like one of those orcs from LOTR! :D

thanks for the write up. I must say after reading some reports it is worrying to hear butler not holding his own (or supposedly not holding his own). Because the saints are a real measuring stick on how well your d is coping in the secondary

Thanks for the video. The catch that I was wondering about was in there. Bad throw by Brady, great catch by Hernandez. Also nice to see Maroney catching some passes out of the backfield.

Hernandez is looking really good. Lets see if he can keep it up for the next 2 days. Heard Lance Moore did well also, was surprised Patriots didnt try for him in the restricted free agent market.

Hernandez is looking really good. Lets see if he can keep it up for the next 2 days. Heard Lance Moore did well also, was surprised Patriots didnt try for him in the restricted free agent market.

I really wanted him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye