SBB's 8/1 AM Session

Status
Not open for further replies.

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Hot morning got a little sun burned.

Sat down next to a real nice life long pats fan and talked about everything from Grey and Hannah days to Drew to the guys on the field. We both were at SB 39. Nice guy, he never had been to this site and I told him about it. He might check us out.

On the field.

Dave Thomas looked blocking in a dril that was basically one on one though a back was involved. At one point Thomas manhandled AD pushing 5 yards or so.

Bodden had a pick on a play that was really made by sanders but it bounced up as he was falling to the ground and Bodden snaged it.

Galloway droped an easy screen that bounced into the hands of Wheatly.

Through the first few practices I thought the DBs were struggling a little but despite the struggles they have been around the ball and seem pretty obviously to be getting better.

Mayo shouldered down Morris on one play. Morris is pretty big and Mayo seemed to pulling up a bit but still nice contact. (I know they try not to but it is fun to see contact)

Brady let off another F bomb on a real crappy throw.

Maroney, Butler, Edelman, and Slater all had nice returns though the coverage unit wasn't really trying it seemed as though they were working on positioning more than actually running at full speed but they drew reactions none the less.

Because it seems the vet days off are so frequent I wasn't to worried about who was there and who wasn't but I am starting to get a little freaked out about Seymour.

Guitz threw a beautiful 30 yard pass to Greg Lewis. probably the prettiest connection of camp.

Guyton seems to look good to me. he seems to be around the carrier in the 9 on 7

not gonna be there this afternoon so I am counting on some of you guys to fill me in. As always if I recall something else I will add it.

Re: SBB's 8/01 AM Session

Thanks! Are Ventrone and Slater working offense or defense (besides STs)?

Thanks! Are Ventrone and Slater working offense or defense (besides STs)?

Ventrone is strictly offense, while Slater is a blue shirt through and through. Though both play most of the special teams.

Sey missing time early is only bad because it means a minor ding to heal up, I'd rather they were overcautious now when the extra reps will benefit the new kids.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I presume you were reporting that Dave Thomas looked good blocking? I'm hoping he's finally bounced back from that foot injury and can push off with strength again. Also, thanks again for sharing!

Last edited:

Edelman made a great diving catch.

edelman is not going to make it brother..

oo ya definitely, i wish he would make it as well...seems to be a cool humble guy

so ventrone plays offense?? slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey