PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SBB's 8/1 AM Practice notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not one to get into combine numbers and still because I firmly believe it is overrated, but you can't help but take notice when a 6'6, 265 pounds guy runs a 4.65 40. That's pretty remarkable.

Not to mention the story of him picking up the blocking sled in minicamp instead of just pushing it....and knocking around a couple guys in camp so far.

Just a freight train out there.

Just read your post and that Moss play you called the leaning tower of Pisa was right in front of us and it was a nice catch and he definitely kept the toes in. Moss is so gifted and makes nice catches every day and sometimes I forget to mention him in my posts as I think we all know we can count on him but he certainly deserves the shout outs.

Yes, and what does the interaction with the crowd and his willingness to go above and beyond what's expected in signing autographs show?

That he's in the right place in New England, that's what!

Sure, he still hates the media (who wouldn't?) but the media image of RM as a naturally supremely gifted player who's also essentially surly and self-absorbed couldn't be more wrong. He doesn't need to be the centre of attention. Just the opposite. If he's surrounded by people who aren't out to undermine him or exploit him then he's happy to be a great team player.

Come on BB, come on Tommy! Get this man the ring that he deserves!

Yes, and what does the interaction with the crowd and his willingness to go above and beyond what's expected in signing autographs show?

That he's in the right place in New England, that's what!

Sure, he still hates the media (who wouldn't?) but the media image of RM as a naturally supremely gifted player who's also essentially surly and self-absorbed couldn't be more wrong. He doesn't need to be the centre of attention. Just the opposite. If he's surrounded by people who aren't out to undermine him or exploit him then he's happy to be a great team player.

Come on BB, come on Tommy! Get this man the ring that he deserves!

well said.

Not to mention the story of him picking up the blocking sled in minicamp instead of just pushing it....and knocking around a couple guys in camp so far.

Just a freight train out there.

Not having Mankins would be a big blow, but what will help to offset it a bit would be having a big bruising TE. If Gronk can be that guy, we shouldn't see a huge dropoff in the running game.

I can also see us routinely keeping a TE (Gronk of Crumpler) on the left side to chip or block, allowing Light to cheat inside a bit without Mankins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back