PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SBB's 7/29 PM practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Guyton pulls in the first pick off Brady.

Two guys who so far seem most improved are Chung and Tate. Chung is running with the ones and breaking quickly on plays he hasnt made a ton of plays but if he continues to break like he has he will jump some routes. Tate seems fast, quick, and seems to get open had a really nice TD grab among alot of action.

Cunningham got is paws on one and batted it down a few steps behind the line of scrimage.

Hernandez catched everything seemed like every few seconds he was catching something else. One really nice one for TD at the end where he just out muscled for the ball.

Gronk and Crump look the part and got some action but Gronks most notable play was getting laid out by vince who was on his way to breaking up a run. Welcome to the NFL.

Price had a couple of nice lays but one real ugly drop.

I think Hoyer and Robinson each have some pretty good arms and we may have a couple of good backups on our hands.

Welker and the PUP guys again did work out in the open.

Bodden had a nice play on moss.

anything else I think of I will add.

Anything on Spikes?

got torched by Fred Taylor in a one on one drill.

I have seen a couple of plays where he seems to fill gaps nice on runs between both practices. And there were a few completions in 11 on 11 where I thought in live action he would tear there heads off but here he pulled up. For a first day certainly plenty to be encouraged about.

Notice Cunningham at all?

The batted ball I mentioned in my OP was nice. He also was the first down on a kickoff and I think he would have made the tackle inside the 20.

got torched by Fred Taylor in a one on one drill.

I have seen a couple of plays where he seems to fill gaps nice on runs between both practices. And there were a few completions in 11 on 11 where I thought in live action he would tear there heads off but here he pulled up. For a first day certainly plenty to be encouraged about.

:eek: I am ashamed of being a SEC fan now :rolleyes:

This means one of two things:

1. The SEC is a lot slower than people say

or

2. Fred Taylor is reverting to an older Darren Sproles...

Again thanks for the notes :) How many days of camp are going to?

or

Or 3. Spikes is lost at his first practice?

BTW, sorry didn't see that little line about Cunningham in the OP.

Interesting. So is he with the 2nd or 3rd unit?

or

I looked at it more like a 10 year vet vs a rookie.

By my eye today I did not think Spikes looked slow.

Was just reminded of a nice TD grab by Gronk. Chung made a nice break on the ball but gronk used his body well to make sure he could real it in.

Great work, I'm very happy about those reports i'm curious about who looked unimpressive in camp.

Great work, I'm very happy about those reports i'm curious about who looked unimpressive in camp.

As a whole I think the DBs could have looked better and I would include coverage from LBs in this too.

But I am not a good enough scout to go picking on someone for a bad performance it wouldnt be fair I just like to point out the highlights I see and give what ever positives I see as eyes for those who cant make it. I wouldnt want to steer someones negative opinion of someone.

Slater limped off early in the practice not to return.

Lockett got banged up and at one point Merriweather scared me but seemed ok.

Holt had a couple of catches and he really seems to have nice soft hands despite his deformaties:D. And I think the sheer amount of potential weapons for Brady is unbelievable when you figure where it was last year past Moss and Welker.

Or 3. Spikes is lost at his first practice?

BTW, sorry didn't see that little line about Cunningham in the OP.

Interesting. So is he with the 2nd or 3rd unit?

not sure it wasnt the ones I would lean towars two's.

one last note on Spikes I am pretty sure he was calling the de with the 2's or 3's

(Spikes) got torched by Fred Taylor in a one on one drill.

A little education. I like it. Looking forward to Spikes' returning of the favor, maybe a nice little pop in August. From what I've heard of the guy, it'll come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back