PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SBB'S 7/28 AM session notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Here waiting. Practice pushed until 10. Don't expect anything special today but a first look at the guys

Kickers ls and kettani first on the field

Woodhead is thick.....

Most rooks are mia....still no contracts I guess. Udfas are here. No kaczur. Spikes is out there so much for Twitter rumors

SBB, thanks for the updates as always. Maybe you or another here can clear this up for me: I thought there were no 2-a-days as part of the new CBA, the Pats are scheduling two practices a day so far. Did I miss something?

SBB, thanks for the updates as always. Maybe you or another here can clear this up for me: I thought there were no 2-a-days as part of the new CBA, the Pats are scheduling two practices a day so far. Did I miss something?

There can be 2-a-days, but one practice has to be a no pads practice.

Reiss tweets that this will be a walkthrough.

There can be 2-a-days, but one practice has to be a no pads practice.

According to a summary from the NFLPA, the new rules are:

* 2-a-days limited to a total of 4 or 4.5 hours (I've seen both numbers)
* One practice a day maximum in pads, limited to max 3 hours
* NFLPA can make unannounced visits to ensure compliance
* Teams/coaches that violate the rules face heavy fines (first violation = $100K each; second violation = $250K for the coach/$500K for the team)

Last edited:

* Teams/coaches that violate the rules face heavy fines (first violation = $100K each; second violation = $250K for the coach/$500K for the team)

Thanks. I wasn't sure how it all worked.

Woodhead is thick.....

portland-press-herald_3563368.jpg

I thought BB mentioned that the second practice would be actually huddling up and running plays......maybe I didn't understand what he said in the presser....

Probably the dullest practice I have seen ever but fun to see the guys. I had to leave a touch early so missed what would have been the best part

I wonder if it's legal to have half the team do pads in the morning while the other half does a walk through and then switch in the afternoon thus maximizing the snaps in pads for everybody. So in the AM first offense goes against the second defense in pads while the first defense and second offense do a walk through. Then in the afternoon they switch.

I wonder if it's legal to have half the team do pads in the morning while the other half does a walk through and then switch in the afternoon thus maximizing the snaps in pads for everybody. So in the AM first offense goes against the second defense in pads while the first defense and second offense do a walk through. Then in the afternoon they switch.

It almost certainly isn't, simply because it would be too hard to verify that everyone is doing exactly one padded practice.

No point to pads if you have no one to hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes