PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SB $$$ Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double TE

4 LIFE
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much $$ the Pats and the Giants receive for getting to the SB? Not the players but the organizations, etc. Is it a windfall for them or does the NFL take most of the profits?

Anyone know please?

Thank you

WOW!!

So I guess the real advantage is prestige and attracting additional Free Agents?

Thanks for the posts.

I was under the impression that it all depends on performance bonuses, clauses, etc, in a particular players contract. For example, I read that Tebow triggered a $250,000 performance bonus by winning that game against the steelers, and would have made $250,000 more, had he beaten the pats. I'm sure there is a base figure that each player gets, but I'm sure some will get more than others

Aaaaaaaand I just realized that you were referring to the team, not players.....oops

WOW!!

So I guess the real advantage is prestige and attracting additional Free Agents?

Thanks for the posts.

Don't forget that along the way the Patriots organization got to host two additional home games, and got all the additional revenue (ticket sales, concessions, parking) from those two events.

Even though the Giants were on the road yesterday the visiting team gets 40% of the revenue from ticket sales (I'm assuming for playoff games other than the Super Bowl the revenue split is the same as it is during the regular season).

So even though revenues are split equally among all 32 teams for the Super Bowl, there are still financial incentives for the winning organizations - not the least of which is increased demand for tickets the following season.

Well, you do make more money on hat and tee shirt sales.

I thought all that went to the NFL? No?

Apparel sales do get split equally among all 32 teams, that is correct. Odd as it may sound when somebody buys a licensed Tom Brady jersey the Jets, Steelers, Colts and every other NFL club profits just as much as the Patriots do.

The only exception is when these products are purchased at the stadium on game day. The club gets to keep an extra percentage for themselves (I forget the exact amount) that would be on par with what a retail store would profit from the sale of that merchandise.

Don't forget that along the way the Patriots organization got to host two additional home games, and got all the additional revenue (ticket sales, concessions, parking) from those two events.

Even though the Giants were on the road yesterday the visiting team gets 40% of the revenue from ticket sales (I'm assuming for playoff games other than the Super Bowl the revenue split is the same as it is during the regular season).

So even though revenues are split equally among all 32 teams for the Super Bowl, there are still financial incentives for the winning organizations - not the least of which is increased demand for tickets the following season.

Good info!!! I was not aware of the 40% ticket revenue split for away teams....

Thanks for all the info. guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back