PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SB 36 on NFLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

captain stone

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
According to the Network's TV Schedule, SB 36 will be shown this Thursday night (1/18) from 8 - 11:30pm, then one hour later from 12:30 - 4am.

They probably won't do it, but I wish that U2's halftime performance will be included. "Where the Streets Have No Name" was already one of my favorite songs of all time before SB 36. After what happenend in the Superdome that day, it now means more to me than any other song ever could.

Sorry if this has been posted already; I went over the last 3 pages but didn't notice any mention of it.

According to the Network's TV Schedule, SB 36 will be shown this Thursday night (1/18) from 8 - 11:30pm, then one hour later from 12:30 - 4am.

They probably won't do it, but I wish that U2's halftime performance will be included. "Where the Streets Have No Name" was already one of my favorite songs of all time before SB 36. After what happenend in the Superdome that day, it now means more to me than any other song ever could.

Sorry if this has been posted already; I went over the last 3 pages but didn't notice any mention of it.

When they recently showed last year's superbowl, they did include the Rolling Stones halftime, so maybe they will.

NFL network was supposed to show this game last week, but it got scrapped at the last minute for some reason. This week, I hope they show it. They have been promoting it on the channel, so I have a good feeling it will actually be shown this week.

3 1/2 hours? That should be long enough to cover halftime... although there's also the pst game trophy stuff...

3 1/2 hours? That should be long enough to cover halftime... although there's also the pst game trophy stuff...

You would think, but yesterday's showing of Redskins - Donkeys was given 4 hours. I was able to watch only the 1st quarter, so I don't know if any halftime entertainment was included.
Halftime is almost always the time to step outside for a toke, have another drink, grab some chow, and use the can. But on that day, less than 5 months after 9/11, U2 gave us a show that was not only inspirational, but also integral to the game itself. I was disappointed that the original 3GTG didn't include the greatest halftime of all time.

I was bummed when it wasn't on last week so hopefully they don't screw us again. I need to get the Tivo ready, that was easily one of the top 3 best nights of my life, if not the best, what with the game being here in New Orleans and what not and the massive party on Bourbon afterwards.

They just showed the Foster TD. Man, I forgot that Vrabel and Wilson were owned on that play.

Up to those eleven days in October 2004, that game was my all time favorite.

Man, the Patriots just kept better and better with each game that year.

I just hope they have the energy to take on the Colts this Sunday night.

Now they're showing our Sunday Nighter against the Colts. Such a frustrating game, I don't know if I want to watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes