PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Saying Hello to my Hometown from the West Coast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats_AZ

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Quick intro to myself....My name is Jay. I grew up in Boston (Brookline, Malden) and lived most of my life in Peabody,MA. Went to college and worked in NYC for 8 years (toughest years of my life! had to look at ugly yankees hats and jets jerseys!) During that time however i have been able to rub the Pats SB victories in jets fans faces and even do my own little trash talking when our beloved Bosox took the whole thing in 04!!:rocker:

I now live in Sunny and Hot Scottsdale, AZ with my wife and soon to born first daughter. I was having sports withdrawel ever since i moved here a year ago. People out here are not big into any sports other than golf and basketball. My only fix for a year was ESPN, espn.com patriots.com and redsox.com. i stumbled ontp this forum 5 days ago and have been just really enjoying everything. i feel like I'm back in Boston (I can almost taste the Kelly's Roast Beef!)

Well anyways just wanted to say hello and look forward to the rest of the season and post season with the patsfan.com community.

One question...Did Gabriel only play the second half of the game this past Sunday? If so, why? What are the hometown sports people talking about in terms of Brady's comfort level with the new receivers? didn't look too comfortable Sunday. sorry for long post.

Jay

Welcome aboard!

Pats_AZ said:
Hello everyone!

Quick intro to myself....My name is Jay. I grew up in Boston (Brookline, Malden) and lived most of my life in Peabody,MA. Went to college and worked in NYC for 8 years (toughest years of my life! had to look at ugly yankees hats and jets jerseys!) During that time however i have been able to rub the Pats SB victories in jets fans faces and even do my own little trash talking when our beloved Bosox took the whole thing in 04!!:rocker:

I now live in Sunny and Hot Scottsdale, AZ with my wife and soon to born first daughter. I was having sports withdrawel ever since i moved here a year ago. People out here are not big into any sports other than golf and basketball. My only fix for a year was ESPN, espn.com patriots.com and redsox.com. i stumbled ontp this forum 5 days ago and have been just really enjoying everything. i feel like I'm back in Boston (I can almost taste the Kelly's Roast Beef!)

Well anyways just wanted to say hello and look forward to the rest of the season and post season with the patsfan.com community.

One question...Did Gabriel only play the second half of the game this past Sunday? If so, why? What are the hometown sports people talking about in terms of Brady's comfort level with the new receivers? didn't look too comfortable Sunday. sorry for long post.

Jay

I feel your pain. I grew up in the Cincinnati suburbs. I have since lived in
El Paso TX and am now in GA. Thank God for Direct TV and Sunday Ticket. I haven't missed a game in three years.

Congrats on the new addition to your family.

Pats_AZ said:

Jay

Welcome and congrats!

As to your questions:

Apparently Gabriel either wasn't loose enough in his hammy or the coaches didn't believe he had a grasp enough for the packages they were running early in the game. Yes he only played late in the game. He was instrumental on the TD drive. He looked great on that drive, but didn't really show up again after that (not sure if he wasn't out there, or they just covered him better).

The actual media ranges from "Someting isn't right" to "Brady misses his WRs". and everywhere between.

Here on the board it goes from people like me that are having patience with the new WRs and gelling OL to those that are calling for Brady to be benched in favor of Cassel. It's a madhouse this week. Check back after we win again and it'll have cooled off a bit.

Welcome Jay!

Gabriel only played the latter part of the 3rd quarter and all of the 4th. My speculation is that he played hurt(still recovering hammy) as Brady had expressed his appreciation of him doing so, and that the Pats would have kept him out if the game had been going better.

I like what I've seen from Gabriel so far. When we first got Branch, I told all my friends that he was gonna be a real special player for the Pats....everyone thought i was crazy! well...anyways, I think Gabriel has got a shot to be special as long as he and Tom learn each other. He pretty young no? Still not sure what to think about Caldwell.

On the posts regarding the benching of Brady....Don't flame me on this, but i think that's crazy talk....just crazy!

jay

Welcome.

First, I hope that your soon to be addition is happy and healthy. And, he is a masculine male (little Godfather lingo) and a first rounder when he enters the draft. :rocker:
Secondly, please don't mention the baseball team here. there are people who get upset at the mere mention of them or any baseball team.

Welcome Jay,I feel your pain.Im out here in Albuquerque,NM. Unlike alot of us in this part of the country though.I at this time, do NOT have direct TV or cable for that matter. So really, The internet is all Ive got to follow the Pats. This forum is a great place, for the most part. It has it moments. All in all, Good stuff though. Again, Welcome aboard.

We have a Baseball team? Don't worry bout that...I don't talk baseball til 2007.

We're having a little girl. It's ok, I already have the Pats baby outfit and the "team we do not mention until 07" outfit all ready to go. =)

Jay

Welcome to tha board.

also from Italy...benvenuto !

italianpatthepatriot said:
also from Italy...benvenuto !

hehe Italy's beautiful.Do u live in Roma,Milan,torino?;)

F0nSY said:
hehe Italy's beautiful.Do u live in Roma,Milan,torino?;)

near Milan.
i like Spain too.
where are you from ? Madrid ? Barcelona ? Valencia ?

italianpatthepatriot said:
near Milan.
i like Spain too.
where are you from ? Madrid ? Barcelona ? Valencia ?

No,I'm from Santiago de Compostela a little town from Spain.

F0nSY said:
No,I'm from Santiago de Compostela a little town from Spain.
Interesting, I just finished a series of novels where one of the stories took place there (Napoleonic period), that was when I figured out the '****-in-Boots' character from the movie Shrek II had not used a fictional city when bragging about being the cat burgler of Santiago de Compostela. The interesting things you learn while wandering about in fiction.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Interesting, I just finished a series of novels where one of the stories took place there (Napoleonic period), that was when I figured out the '****-in-Boots' character from the movie Shrek II had not used a fictional city when bragging about being the cat burgler of Santiago de Compostela. The interesting things you learn while wandering about in fiction.

Oh!,where're u from?United States?What City?

F0nSY said:
Oh!,where're u from?United States?What City?
Yes, the U.S., I live out in the country in Upstate New York, the closest large city is Syracuse, about an hour away in good weather. If I got the right directions from the novel, Santiago de Compostela is in Western Spain, north of Portugal?

Box_O_Rocks said:
Yes, the U.S., I live out in the country in Upstate New York, the closest large city is Syracuse, about an hour away in good weather. If I got the right directions from the novel, Santiago de Compostela is in Western Spain, north of Portugal?

Yes,Santiago is in Western Spain and north of portugal.Oh! New York,I went to new york,a beautiful city!

F0nSY said:
Yes,Santiago is in Western Spain and north of portugal.Oh! New York,I went to new york,a beautiful city!
You can have it! I was sent to a school there for two weeks while I was in the military, the plays and museums would be the only reason for me to want to go again - I feel claustrophobic and oppressed going to the post office in the nearby village. :D

Damn I am out of my league here. You guys have a really smart group of fans here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back