Welcome to PatsFans.com

Say sorry or we won't free mum, says Iran

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +433 / 5 / -2

The more I think about this incident, the more I wonder what Brittain can do. They won't go to war over it unless something grave happens to the kidnapped service people, so therefore, what can Brittain really do? This is twice now, so obviously, even if they are released, their must be some form of punishment bestowed upon the Iranian government. Be it sanctions of some sort, or a cancelation of business between the two countries. At the very least, the Brits will have to change their policy on the seas to one that resembles that of the United States. A shoot first, ask questions later policy has to implemented. If not, the Iranians will simply do this at their pleasure. Anyone care to opine?

BTW, I like that this new UN guy is gettng involved. If Kofi were still in charge, me thinks this would not be the case.

[​IMG]

Say sorry or we won't free mum, says Iran

Last updated at 17:08pm on 29th March 2007

The release of kidnapped British sailor Faye Turney is on hold after Iran accused Britain of having an "incorrect attitude".

The hostage crisis also took a sinister new turn as a hate mob in Tehran demanded that the 15 captured British Navy personnel be hanged.

Protesters waved placards demanding "15 British aggressors must be executed" outside the foreign ministry.

The announcement Turney's release is on hold by the head of Iran's supreme national security council Ali Larijani dashed hopes that the 25-year-old mother would be released "very soon".

The u-turn came a day after Iran pledged to release Mrs Turney, who was detained along with 14 male colleagues, following their capture in Iraqi waters.

But Mr Larijani announced on state television today: "It was announced that a woman in the group would be freed, but (this development) was met with an incorrect attitude. Naturally, (the release) will be suspended and it will not take place."

Earlier today the head of the United Nations personally intervened in the British hostage crisis. The dramatic move by Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon came as the tense international stand-off entered its sixth day.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=444500&in_page_id=1811&ct=5
  2. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Shoot-first-ask-questions-later wouldn't help, it was 15 soldiers in inflatable boats versus Iranian warships. They'd need a much more serious force in the Gulf to be a threat to the Iranian Navy.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Actually I feel quite secure in the fact that diplomacy will work itself out in this situation. What will probably happen is we will send our negotiation team to the region, and Condi will pound out a deal that works for all nations.
    This administration has proven time, and time again that they understand foreign policy, and the complex world of diplomacy.
    I have a vision of construction to begin on the middle east's version of Mount Rushmore withing the next few months. Bush, Cheney, Rove, and Tony Blair being the faces to be carved.
    This situation has all of the markings of a classic push for peace by all nations, and I for one couldn't be happier.

Is today opposite day.....?

on the real.....
    this is gunna be a $h!tstorm!
  4. taltos

taltos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

These Sailors and Marines have to have the confidence that if diplomatic measures do not work, their government will go to all ends, including shooting to get them out. It is part of the implied contract when someone enlists or is commissioned into the armed forces of Great Britain or the United States.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +538 / 2 / -9

I think you will soon see that these Smelly Iranian Bastards have picked the wrong guy to start their crap with, Blair will wait just so long and if those people aren't released he will bring the fight right to them and Bush will be right alongside him.

This isn't John Murtha/Kerry/KennedyPelosi that this little Iranian Muslim Creep is fooling around with if he is looking for trouble he has found it.

Iran shouldn't think that these two guys (Blair-Bush) are like those "Coward Dip Sh!t Democrats" that are bleating for Surrender.
    :bricks:
  6. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No, you'll see, Blair and Bush are going to be the "Coward Dip Sh!t Democrats".
  7. Real World

Ratings:
    +433 / 5 / -2

Well, the US naval policy is different than that of the Brits. My point was that the Brits may now need to adopt a more American policy. US ships of this size do not venture far from the main ship, and always have chopper support overhead. The Brits have a more passive policy.
  8. Real World

Ratings:
    +433 / 5 / -2

Hmmm....aren't those British sailors and marines who the Iranian are holding captive? What do Bush and Condi have to do with this? :rolleyes:
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +433 / 5 / -2

I don't think Blair will use force unless the Iranians do something terriblely bad, like hurt the captives in some way.
  10. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +132 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Geez, this must be another trick by the Bush administration to start another "illegal" war with Iran. I mean it's not like Iran to just take citizens of other country hostage. Oh wait, nevermind.......

Blair will have to make the token approach to the useless UN, and then he should seize every assest of the Irain government in every bank in the UK (i'm sure his buddy GWB will help him do this too). If that doesn't work, give them an absolute ultimatum, and then attack Iran with everything they (and us) have.

If Jimmy Carter wasn't the biggest ***** in the world, he would have killed the SOB who is currently the head of Iran when he did this the first time, 27 years ago!!!
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -26

You would attack Iran, with "everything we have" over 15 British Hostages after we freeze Iranian assets?? Thank goodness that this internet thing is not real, or we all might be in the bunker in the next 24 -48 hours. I do not see that response as viable for anyone and will only bring us into world war III, that is something I hope neither us or our children see.
  12. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +132 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

We are already in WWIII, some of us, just refuse to admit it. They already know it.
  13. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

WWII ended with nukes. We'll know when WWIII is here because it'll start that way.