PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Say NE wins the first seed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lastest news said he is out this weekend, so not a huge stretch to say that one game could turn into 5-6.
I'm not trying to be dense, but I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not.

They face the lowest seed in the Divisional Game. Who would you want NE to face? The way I see it goes like this:

1- Patriots
2- Raiders
3- Steelers
4- Texans
5- Chiefs
6- Broncos

Broncos face Steelers in WC and Texans face Chiefs. Would we Steelers and Texans to win to face the Texans in the Divisional Game? Honestly we all know the Texans will get destroyed like last year against the Chiefs so a rematch of last years AFC Divisional Game

Do we match up better against Denver or Chiefs?

If that was the exact seeding, I'd want the Steelers and Texans to win in the WC round so we could get the Texans in the divisional round. They're just a bad football team, and Butler matches up really well on Hopkins. Facing the Chiefs wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, either, assuming our tackles stay healthy.

The Steelers and Broncos both scare me a bit, in that I could see either of them coming to Foxboro and beating us. Not likely, I think we'd be significant favorites in either game, but I'd feel significantly better about playing the Texans than either of them. I have trouble imagining a scenario where this Texans team wins in Foxboro in the playoffs.

Sans Gronk, this team absolutely must win home field throughout. I know that our only two losses are at home, but I would bet against the Pats making the Superbowl if we miss out on home field.

I personally would have no problem playing the Cowboys.

I like the Pats chances against that head coach and a rookie quarterback, regardless of how good they look right now. Reminds me of Denver vs Carolina, just a much more buttoned down, better culture team.

Giants would be a last posession nail biter as always, Seahawks are still the team I'd least want to play in the SB.

Agreed. That offense lives and dies by Zeke, but the Pats are pretty good at defending the running game, and he isn't one of those guys that can line up all over the field and really screw with us. He's also a rookie closing in on 300 touches already, so I expect he'll be slowing down quite a bit over the next month or two.

Hopefully our damn Gillette crowd can make a frigging difference this time. I am so jealous of how loud Chiefs, Broncos, and Raider fans are. I am not saying this is everything, but it sure flustered our OL and Brady last year. We have piano recital fans, it's disgusting.

Hopefully our damn Gillette crowd can make a frigging difference this time. I am so jealous of how loud Chiefs, Broncos, and Raider fans are. I am not saying this is everything, but it sure flustered our OL and Brady last year. We have piano recital fans, it's disgusting.
Why would this be? Prices are similar across the league. We have more reason for enthusiasm than any fans. Yet....

They face the lowest seed in the Divisional Game. Who would you want NE to face? The way I see it goes like this:

1- Patriots
2- Raiders
3- Steelers
4- Texans
5- Chiefs
6- Broncos

Broncos face Steelers in WC and Texans face Chiefs. Would we Steelers and Texans to win to face the Texans in the Divisional Game? Honestly we all know the Texans will get destroyed like last year against the Chiefs so a rematch of last years AFC Divisional Game

i hope steelers drop out of playoffs

Its so up in the air right now, there is just no way to predict how the AFC west will turn out. But if we did get the #1 seed... I think I would rather play Kansas City at home. This is a hard year to figure out. I still don't even know how good the Patriots are. How are they going to adapt without Gronk?

Agreed. That offense lives and dies by Zeke, but the Pats are pretty good at defending the running game, and he isn't one of those guys that can line up all over the field and really screw with us. He's also a rookie closing in on 300 touches already, so I expect he'll be slowing down quite a bit over the next month or two.

Being without Branch against Dallas might be a one of those worst case scenarios. Hope his appeal is dealt with soon and he gets to sit his 4 games soon or the suspension is dropped.

1- Patriots
2- Raiders
3- Steelers
4- Texans
5- Chiefs
6- Broncos

We match up better vs the Chiefs.

Using your final standings, the Steelers and Houston winning in rd 1 would be perfect. We could then play Houston in round 2 and then get Oakland in Foxboro for the AFCCG. The kicker would be if the Pats won after a Carr fumble is called because they changed the tuck rule.

Having gone over that playoff seeding, let me give you the way it will actually end now that KC beat Denver.

1 - NE (13-3)
2 - KC (13-3)
3 - Hou (9-7)
4 - Pitt (9-7)
5 - Oak (12-4)
6 - Mia (10-6)

In this case we could still end up playing the exact same games in the playoffs as the OP's final standings. We could still see the Discount Double Tuck win vs Oakland in Foxboro.

People saying they want to play the Giants if we made the SB have rocks in their heads. Nothing will be able to vindicate SB 42 let alone 46. All another match up with the Giants could end up with is more heart ache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye