PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Say NE wins the first seed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TbSB5

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
They face the lowest seed in the Divisional Game. Who would you want NE to face? The way I see it goes like this:

1- Patriots
2- Raiders
3- Steelers
4- Texans
5- Chiefs
6- Broncos

Broncos face Steelers in WC and Texans face Chiefs. Would we Steelers and Texans to win to face the Texans in the Divisional Game? Honestly we all know the Texans will get destroyed like last year against the Chiefs so a rematch of last years AFC Divisional Game

Do we match up better against Denver or Chiefs?

Denver is slightly better on D than KC and KC is better on O than Denver.

I think it's a wash. The 2016 version of Houston/Ford vs. Miller/Ware is inconclusive for me.

Texans. I don't like the "We have to play the best of teams to win the SB/revenge against teams/ karma" and all that crap. Whoever is the easiest opponent is, I want to play them. I trust BB and coaching staff to prepare the team well no matter how bad the opponent is. But, to me as a fan, I want the easiest road to SB.

Either way it will be tough but i fear no team in the AFC with home field. The biggest issue for me at home be the Raiders cause I am worried our D wouldn't stop them and without Gronk even at home it would be hard to keep up.

We'll know more after we actually face Denver, but I think we can win against any opponent. It will be a tough fight, but I think this is our year.

We'll know more after we actually face Denver, but I think we can win against any opponent. It will be a tough fight, but I think this is our year.
If we beat Denver during the regular season, then I don't think they make the playoffs....hmmm, kind of like that.

The Steelers would take their revenge against the Broncos and beat the Raiders in the divisional round.
So the Pats would have to beat the Chiefs (no way the Texans win this wild card rematch) and the Steelers to make it to the SB, both tough matchups. Offense would have to win the divisional game while D would have to step up in order to give us a chance against Pittsburgh. I like our chances if we secure seed#1 and avoid major injuries in december.

Interesting wrinkle on denver - i think paxton lynch starts the rest of the season.

If we beat Denver during the regular season, then I don't think they make the playoffs....hmmm, kind of like that.

Same scenario as 2013, we travel to face a defending SB champion in trouble in late december for a rematch of the previous AFCCG, we take our revenge and get the champ out of playoff contention while clinching the first round bye. In both cases, we would do it without Gronk... OK, let's do it ! :)

Texans. I don't like the "We have to play the best of teams to win the SB/revenge against teams/ karma" and all that crap. Whoever is the easiest opponent is, I want to play them. I trust BB and coaching staff to prepare the team well no matter how bad the opponent is. But, to me as a fan, I want the easiest road to SB.
Absolutely. Drawing certain favorable matchups can go a long way in helping our team's chances to getting to the SB and even winning it.

Interesting wrinkle on denver - i think paxton lynch starts the rest of the season.
Why would you say that? The injury to Siemien doesn't appear to be that bad and he's coming off a great game. Didn't he throw for 350+ and a few TDs last week?

Broncos, Chiefs, Giants, SB.

Why would you say that? The injury to Siemien doesn't appear to be that bad and he's coming off a great game. Didn't he throw for 350+ and a few TDs last week?

Lastest news said he is out this weekend, so not a huge stretch to say that one game could turn into 5-6.

If I'm going by easiest path, probably Texans and chiefs (obviously would have to be different seeding than what you have).

My personal 'philosophy' is, "beat the best to be the best." Which to me is Pit (I respect big Ben's playoff resume) and God, oh please God, do I want to whip the **** out of Denver. A SB win would be that much sweeter if Cannon handed Von $20mil worth of ass whooping .

If this team gets to the Super Bowl, it will be the first SB since 2001 where I'll be thinking it is far likelier that they will lose than win.

He also took 5 sacks against KC. And the previous week he threw only for 258 yards, 2 TDS, 2 picks against a bad saints defense. I think that the denver offense needs a spark. Lynch was drafted to be manning's replacement, and if he plays well enough, I could see him remain as the broncos starter. Siemian is too banged up at this point.

Most rewarding path? Ravens, Broncos then Giants.

Knocking off all teams we've had trouble with in the playoffs and finally beating the ****ing Giants.

Though Eli getting his third ring and being 3-0 against the Pats is a horrifying thought....

If this team gets to the Super Bowl, it will be the first SB since 2001 where I'll be thinking it is far likelier that they will lose than win.

I don't feel that way, its all match up based. Who is the hottest going down the stretch, who has the least amount of injuries. If the Pats knock off the Broncos, Ravens and Miami in Miami they will be rolling into the playoffs with a first round bye, and most likely HFA

I personally would have no problem playing the Cowboys.

I like the Pats chances against that head coach and a rookie quarterback, regardless of how good they look right now. Reminds me of Denver vs Carolina, just a much more buttoned down, better culture team.

Giants would be a last posession nail biter as always, Seahawks are still the team I'd least want to play in the SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back