Welcome to PatsFans.com

Say goodbye to ever bringing liquids onto airline flights

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Aug 10, 2006.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As more comes out in today's news, it seems we can all say goodbye (quite probably for the rest of our lives) to ever carrying any sort of liquid (gel, shampoo, etc) onto an airplane ever again. Obviously, exceptions are made for medicines and baby formula, but no more flasks of 7&7.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
  2. ctpatsfan1

ctpatsfan1 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Its a conspiracy I tell you for the airlines to make more money. They will now be able to charge for drinks because they will have a captive audience just like they do in sports arenas..........:D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2005
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +431 / 12 / -27

Can't wait to pay $3.50 for a bottle of water, think I will just make spit instead.

4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

If they're going to allow medicine and baby formula, then what's the point!?
    Not allowing gels and liquids will just irritate all passengers, and terrorists will just find another way to sneak stuff in, like bringing fake medicine on planes.

5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I envision everyone showing up at the Airport naked, going through the cavity search lines manned by overweight Jamaicans, :eek: and proceding on to the concourse where overpriced clothes with airline logos will be made available.

6. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Easy to say but ya know what..? Security started checking shoes pretty faithfully so terrorists tried to "find another way" by using liquids and making bombs on board - and that "other way" failed, didn't it..?

Gotta say I can't really oppose anything that makes the terrorists' jobs harder. Maybe they will eventually "find another way" but there's no doubt they suffered a major setback today.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2005
  7. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They will just let you rent a smok like you get in hospitals... you know, the ones that never wrap all the way around so your buttcrack is totally exposed.