PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Say Bye - Patriots/49'ers Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhodyPatriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Both the Patriots and 49'ers won byes yesterday by virtue of their wins and other teams losing. The bye is HUGE. Methinks both the Patriots and 49'ers are the best teams from their conferences. Having to play one fewer playoff game, getting a home game after the bye week and some badly needed R & R is going to propel both teams (barring a catastrophic injury of course) to the Super Bowl.

They're my pick as well out the NFC unless KAP has a massive collapse. The team is good enough where they can go all the way with a game manager, just can't have their PR fumble twice again and hand the game away. KAP so far looks like an upgrade from that, as long as he can avoid turnovers. None of the NFC offenses are like the Saints last year so they probably won't need to win a shootout. GB has taken a step back from last season too. ATL is historically weak in playoffs and SF probably wouldn't have to face Seattle until the NFCC, who is not that great on the road anyhow.

If we make it that far I like our chances against what the NFC has to offer, SF or whoever. Just gotta stay healthy. SF beat us but I think the momentum of that 2nd half would favor us in a rematch.

Last edited:
I'm going with a Pats-Seattle rematch.

Tom Brady hoisting a Lombardi while Richard Sherman expresses his angst on Twitter would be a lovely sight.

That said, Seattle scares me the same way the Giants do/did. Any team with a defense that explosive scares me. They are for real.

Last edited:
Seattle's offense has improved alot since last time we met them, their defense had become even more ferocious, so I am not sure I would want to face them. The niners or packers would be my pick if we make it back to the SB.

Tom Brady hoisting a Lombardi while Richard Sherman expresses his angst on Twitter would be a lovely sight.

That said, Seattle scares me the same way the Giants do/did. Any team with a defense that explosive scares me. They are for real.

They are but Gronk is back and this offense should "scare" all others that have to face us as well.

We were able to move the ball in them the last time. They won't have to deal with the crowd noise either.

SF lost mario mannngham for the year and justin smith has a torn triceps. That's gong to affect them.

Seattle is 3-5 on the road. I will say, though, that all their losses have been close:

L, 20-16 at Ari
L, 19-13 at StL
L, 13-6 at SF
L, 28-24 at Det
L, 24-21 at Mia

So they've been within a touchdown in all their losses. So they're going to be a handful, no question about it.

As good as San Fran and seattles defenses have played, I just don't know how you go against Rodgers.

I can't imagine a rookie qb winning 3 road games to make it to the superbowl either, no matter how good his defense has played.

Thank God our team is only focused on the next game. :)

Seattle is one team I don't wanna face.... Too much of a Giants feel to them.

SF on the other hand, would be uber-hyped as the second coming and the media would slobber of them incessantly. I imagine, we might even be an underdog in that matching.

It would be nice to go into a SB like that for once.

But alas...... Much work to be done before then.

They are but Gronk is back and this offense should "scare" all others that have to face us as well.

If by "back" you mean he was running around with one arm, then I agree....but a two armed Gronk would sure be nice. I know he was protecting his arm, but man, he didn't instill much confidence in me that he's going to be his normal force in the playoffs.

Also, that big win over the Texans doesn't look nearly as impressive anymore.

Just my two cents.

Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch are bonified. The NFC is lucky Seattle will be on the road to make things fair.
The bigger question may be if an NFC contender can emerge from the conference championship healthy enough because those teams are gonna kick the crap out of each other. I'm hoping for Seattle/SF championship game (if that is possible) .....for me, that is the must see match up in the NFC

Seattle is one team I don't wanna face.... Too much of a Giants feel to them.

SF on the other hand, would be uber-hyped as the second coming and the media would slobber of them incessantly. I imagine, we might even be an underdog in that matching.

It would be nice to go into a SB like that for once.

But alas...... Much work to be done before then.

Seattle is scary but they have a cheerleader for a coach and a rookie QB. Not a traditional recipe for postseason success.

If by "back" you mean he was running around with one arm, then I agree....but a two armed Gronk would sure be nice. I know he was protecting his arm, but man, he didn't instill much confidence in me that he's going to be his normal force in the playoffs.

Also, that big win over the Texans doesn't look nearly as impressive anymore.

Just my two cents.

Lol, yeah, I guess so. It generally takes about 6 weeks for bones to heal, with the bye that gives him another2 weeks, I think he'll be better by that time. Watch.

Kap isn't that good. He played college ball 5 miles from my house. Niners won't make it, Crabtree is the only guy doing stuff. Shut him down and the running game and they are done. Now for the pats we haven't played out best. Get everyone healthy and we are unstoppable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

broncos are as much favorite as the pats from AFC especially playing @home. NFC is open. No one likes ATL but it really is all on matchups and they could make it too.
49ers bye is huge becos they can get justin smith back.Without him their D has problems.

Lol, yeah, I guess so. It generally takes about 6 weeks for bones to heal, with the bye that gives him another2 weeks, I think he'll be better by that time. Watch.

For sure, gronk is gonna be huge. And then that leaves someone open like Lloyd, Aaron, Wes for Brady. This team hasn't played with all these together and clicking, that's when they click, the play offs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its interesting in the NFC, more so than the AFC where its mostly two teams: us and denver

houston, baltimore are reeling, colts have a rookie qb and really not that great defense, and the bengals might be too young

in the NFC, i could see atlanta finally go past their hiccups, and own the whole division to the champ game, SF is good, though i still believe not as good as w/ alex smith under the helm, GB is improving, getting healthier, and have rodgers and a decent D, they're most like us, there's washington w/ robert and a pretty decent D for them, i would not automatically rule them out, even w/ rookie QB, same thing with seattle, which has a run game, wilson is playing well, but they wont be home for any games, minnesotta might be the only easy out, and even then they just beat GB in a game GB really wanted....

broncos are still favorites to reach SB as they should be. We will have to show we are up to par in 2 weeks to go in there and get a win

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes