Welcome to PatsFans.com

Saul Alinsky - Obama - Hillary - Who can be more Alinsky?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Jan 18, 2008.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ---- JAG ----- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

All you need to know about the battle between the 2 is contained in the life and works of Saul Alinsky. Where Hillary ... the rich white girl studied and did her thesis on Alinsky, Obama lived the Alinsky life and is therefore is looked upon more favorably in urban America than Hillary.

Anyways ... so many links I think it's best anyone interested just type in Alinsky, Obama and Clinton.

http://community.handsnet.org/index.php?title=Saul_Alinsky&oldid=1397

http://ajliebling.blogspot.com/2007/03/what-clinton-and-obama-have-in-common.html

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  2. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

This crap is boring but it is real huge you know ... hugely huge.

Hugely huger huge.

This will play huge in the coming month and especially if Obama is the nominee.

Like I said HUGE!!!

Not even 1 response to this hugeness? :mad:

Not even a wise crack? :p

Nothing? :confused:
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Nah, he was a Marxist of the "God is dead" mold, like so many of the "Beat Generation". You know, all those guys who burned out in the 50s, 60s and 70s: James Dean, Abbie Hoffman, the Weathermen, the SDS, etc. The Hard Left types. Bad News Bears.

//
  4. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

Any of those old hippie types on your island Harry?
  5. Patti37

Patti37 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Imagine my surprise when I was searching for information on Obama's connection to community activitism and Saul Alinksy and clinked on a link that directed me to this site.

If that is what you think Saul Alinsky was then you are sadly mistaken. I have been very active in an community activist organization in Massachusetts out of the Alinsky school.

His motto was "never do for people what they can do for themselves...never."

He taught people how to take charge of their communities and achieve positive change. Most people sit around and say you can't change this or you can't change that....city hall never listens to anyone. Alinsky taught people how to affect change. Because of his teachings, people got off their a$$es and become active. You may not believe it is possible but I have seen it happen...I have participated in it.

And you say he is of the "God is Dead" mold...many of the organizations that follow his teachings and attend the IAF Institute are church based organizations. Many of these "Saul Alinsky" type organizations are faith based.
  6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -3

Then there Mr. Obama's communist mentor:

then there is the activities at his Houston campaign office where they are rpoudly displaying a Cuban communist flag with the image of Che on it.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/d-s-hube/2008/02/11/another-flag-issue-obama

Guess it's not suprising he had the most extreme leftist voting record in the Senate.
  7. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

I am happy this thread has been reborn ... it's actually a very good topic. Should Obama go on to win the election this topic will be part of political college courses for a long time. Some of it is boring but I found it quite fascinating and I learned some things I never knew before. I knew Obama was involved but I never knew Hillary was and how she branched off of Alinsky and Obama stayed on course ... and he is winning so who learned and listened or rather who listened and learned. Obama is an excellant listener and Hillary is not. Bill clinton is a good listener and he won also.
  8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Unfortunately, many of the "mainline Christian" denominations follow more Marx than Jesus. The accept divorce without a fight; they accept pre-marital sex and same-sex relationships without a whimper; they think "government" has the answers yet are loath to seek out solutions in prayer or their own original minds. The Episcopal Church in New Hampshire even ordained as their bishop an openly practicing same-sex man (divorced from his wife and children). Saul Alinsky would approve of these kinds of things, and so do Hillary and probably Obama, too. Very, very sad, indeed.

//
  9. Patti37

Patti37 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well that would not be correct about the ones that I was involved in and the similar organizations that I was intimately familiar with...and I assure that they did not think government had the answers. Actually it was quite the opposite. Prayer was not the answer. The answers were found in the people who lived in the community and from there creative solutions were found to achieve results.

That has been my actual experience from being involved in such organizations.
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Can you give an example of what kinds of solutions to what kind of issues to which you refer?

//
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

No, but I remember them, they all visited my old hometown (Cambridge) my Aunt was living in this house back then she told me about a few of them that set up a little Commune in the woods and planned on "living off the land" they set up their Tee Pees, made their campfires, they were screwing each others women and sh!tting under the pine trees then when the first ice storm came they vanished, the living off the land crap ended real quick when the Maine Winter set in.

When I was in Cambridge I always wanted to see one of the "LSD Trippers" jump off a roof and try to fly :singing::singing: